Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Automatic Cat Feeder Is The PETKIT Smart Pet Feeder!
Feeding your pet on a regular schedule can be a stressful task, especially if you are not at home all day. If you have a cat that you leave alone for long stretches of the day, or if you just want to take the guesswork out of feeding time, you should invest in an automatic pet feeder for your home.
Check out some of our best microchip automatic cat flaps here!
Automatic cat feeders are a great investment because they can be set to dispense a specific amount of food at a specified time every day. This way, you will ensure that your cat is fed on time every day, even if you are at work or out of the house.
Choosing the right automatic pet feeder for yourself and your pet can be a complicated task, but once you pick the right device, it will be a life saver. Luckily, we have compiled a list of our favourite pet feeders on the market today in the UK for you to choose from.
Best Automatic Cat Feeders
PETKIT Smart Pet Feeder (Editor's Choice)
If you are looking for a cat feeder that is the best on the market today, look no further than the smart pet feeder from PETKIT. This particular device combines a sleek and stylish design with smart features for a flawless pet feeding experience.
The PETKIT smart pet feeder is an automatic pet feeder that can be both program and controlled via your smartphone. This particular unit has a host of unique features, including a dispensing system that prevents food pellets from getting stuck in the feeder.
This particular cat feeder connects to your home's WiFi so that you can manage all of its functions straight from your phone. Complete control is at your fingertips with the PetKit app.
With the PetKit app, you can program up to 10 meal plans every day within 24 hours each. The individual meals can be fully customised and are sized between 1 and 20 portions each.
The minimum portion size is about 20 grams and the maximum portion is 400 grams. This wide range gives the user lots of choice over their pets' food intake.
If you would like to deviate from your planned meals, you can feed your cat an extra portion any time by selecting the 'feed now' option on the app. You can choose between a snack and a meal size when using this setting.
Once you have program the amount and sizes of meals through the app, it will repeat every day. The app shows you in real time when the meal is dispensed and how large of a portion is given out.
You can stock the PETKIT smart feeder with nearly any type of kibble you like. You can even stock it with air dried meat based food.
This particular device can handle pieces of kibble ranging from 5 mm to 25 mm in diameter. You can even check through the app how much food is remaining in the system, so you can be sure you will never run out.
The PETKIT smart feeder helps to keep your pets' food fresh because it has an integrated desiccant box inside. While this does need to be replaced every 30 days, it is a nice feature to have as it keeps the food from getting stale.
This pet food dispenser is powered via an AC/DC adapter and can be plugged into a power source. It also has backup batteries which keeps the master clock running even if power is cut off to the main unit
This food dispenser features a circular food grade silicone ring on the food outlet door as well as on the inside of the food hopper. This seals the food and protects it from air and other contaminating materials.
The PETKIT food dispenser is completely jam proof. This is thanks to its zero stuck self adaption mechanism that employs an oscillating bar, a spring check board, and a silicone impeller that allows kibble of all shapes and sizes to move easily through the apparatus.
The food door is small enough to prevent your pet from pawing at it. It protects the chute and the mechanical bits of the pet feeder from your pet in order to keep everything intact.
- The design of this pet feeder is incredibly sleek and the feeder itself is well constructed
- This feeder is easy to set up and can hold a capacity of up to 3 kg of food
- The inside of the feeder is made of stainless steel which keeps the food fresh and prevents bacteria for growing
- Other users can be added on the app, which is great if you live in a household with more than one person
- The app does not automatically update its internal time whenever there is daylight savings
- This feeder is rather long, which can be challenging if you are short on space
Over all, the PETKIT smart pet feeder is our favourite cat feeder on the market today. It is modern, easy to use, and will keep your pets feed for a long time.
The Product Below May Be Currently Unavailable,
Our recommended alternative is The isYoung 4L Automatic Pet Feeder for Cats & Dogs!
- 【Customizable Meal Times】The Automatic Feeder Dispense from 1-15 portions per meal. Each portion is 15g. Set up to 6 daily distribution alarms. Dispense 5-15mm dry food only. Beeping alarm reminds you to refill the food compartment.
- 【Clear LCD Screen】With time display's automatic pet feeder is ideal for setting regular meal times for your pets. you can see the current time, meals programmed, meal size and meal served so you can notice the exact situation of your pet, Particularly suited to diabetic pets, and puppies and kittens that require small feeds at regular intervals.
- 【Keeping Food Fresh】The head part where you put the food have good leakproofness;the feeder will be delivered fresh food at every meal for your pet,so you will not have to worry about them getting any old or stale food ingested.
- 【KEEP YOUR PETS HEALTHY】- With built-in programmable timer and food dispenses, you can schedule each meal time and program a unique portion size to keep your pets healthier.
- 【USER FRIENDLY DESIGN】- Top Lock design and built-in program panel can prevent pets from changing settings with the paws and opening the hopper cover to overthrow the food. Removable food bowl structure are easy to clean.
isYoung Automatic Feeder
If you are shopping on a pet feeder on a budget, look no further than this electronic feeder from isYoung.
This particular device is perfectly suited to smaller pets such as small dogs and cats. It is also ideal for pets that are happy to have a feeding schedule where they eat for three or less times a day.
This pet feeder is incredibly easy to program; the user interface is easy to use and the device has been designed as to not stand out among any of your décor.
The isYoung automatic pet feeder can hold up to 5.5 litres of dry pet food. It comes complete with an LCD display that is easy for the user to read and understand.
One additional feature that comes with this pet feeder that is unique is its voice record feature. The user can set their very own voice recording to play whenever the food is dispensed for their pet.
- This pet feeder can hold a large amount of dry food, which is ideal if you need to spend multiple days away from home and away from your cat
- The LCD screen is extremely easy to read and to use; it has five buttons that allows the user to easily program the feeding schedule
- The voice recorder feature is ideal as it reminds your pet it is time to eat even when you are not present
- The food tray is removable and dishwasher safe
- This feeder is only suitable for storing dry food
- This feeder only dispenses food a maximum of three times a day, which may not be enough for some pets
- This feeder does not pair with a smartphone app like some other ones do
If you are looking for an affordable pet food dispenser, the isYoung pet feeder is a great choice. It is easy to use and will keep your cat on a feeding schedule every day.
The Product Below May Be Currently Unavailable,
Our recommended alternative is The Gohiking Automatic pet feeder for Cats & Dogs!
- 🔇On Time Routine meals for your cats or Dogs even you're not at home for some reasons like social events,working late,inclement weather.The smart pet feeders will eliminate your worries and help you careful care of your loving pet friends.
- 🔇As a Larger(6.5L) Pet feeder dispenser Except Normal functions like Timed dispense,voice recorder,food Portion Control,4 meals/day,easy clearing removable food tray,there still have two very practical functions "Transparent food Cover"and "internal battery + Plug in Power"
- 🔇Upgrated internal structure + extra infrared detection function for the pet feeder,Two purpose: ✌️1)Your pets paw can not claw out more food even "heart desired to eat"; ✌️2)The food will not stucking and spills [Market many other feeders with problem of can't dispense food sometimes]
- 🔇The pet feeder with Classic BLACK+WHITE Color and cute LOGO that will perfect for your home style whatever Modern/Retro/Rural/Luxury decoration style [Market many SAME style/shape feeders with gold +white or Pure Black Color and No Cute LOGO design]
- 🔇Care for your pet's health:It allows you to feed pets at regular time from now, you can distribute the different amount of food for each meals, preventing your pet from overeating, controlling their weight and giving them a healthy life.
Gohiking Automatic Pet Feeder
If you are looking to put your cat on a feeding routine, then the Gohiking automatic pet feeder is a great option. This device offers on time routine meals for your pets even if you are not at home.
This particular model has a large storage capacity of 6.5 litres, which makes it ideal of larger pets. The storage container can also serve as the main place you store your pet food, which saves you space in the long run.
This pet food dispenser can be program to dispense up to four different meals and portions each day.
The Gohiking automatic pet feeder also come with a handy voice record feature so that you can record your own voice and have it play when food is dispensed. This reminds your cat to eat and serves as a nice reminder that you will be home soon.
This automatic pet feeder is available in black or white; it is uncommon for appliances like these to be available in more than one colour. Choose whichever colour goes best with your household décor so that it blends in seamlessly with the rest of your furniture.
One nice feature that is included on the Gohiking automatic pet feeder is the customisability. You are able to distribute different volumes of food at different times, which can help to prevent your cat from overeating.
- This particular model can be powered via an electrical cable or with batteries
- The food inside the storage container is very well sealed which keeps it from getting stale
- This device is easy to set up and program straight from the box
- This dispenser can only release food up to a maximum of four times daily
- This particular model is a bit more expensive than other products on our list
Over all, the Gohiking automatic pet food dispenser is a great mid-range model. It is affordable and great for a one or two cat household.
DADYPET Automatic Pet Feeder
Another affordable option for an automatic pet feeder is this model from DADYPET.
This particular model features a sleek and modern design so that it is sure to look good wherever you decide to put it.
Like other automatic pet feeders on our list, the DADYPET feeder is completely programmable. You can program meals to be delivered each days up to four different times.
Meals can range from one to nine servings that are 10 g each. This is a nice feature to have as it can accommodate pets of different sizes.
This particular model employs an impeller that it super tough in order to break through any food jams.
This device can be powered by plugging it into an electrical source or with four C size batteries. Having battery backup enables your timed feedings to go forward even when the electrical power fails.
Programming the DADYPET food dispenser is super easy.
The clear LCD screen displays the meal setting and situation. A red line on the display illustrates that there is no programmed meal, while green dots indicate that a meal was dispensed by not eaten.
These features allow you to know exactly when and how much your pet is eating every time a meal is dispensed.
This particular model is constructed with non-toxic, safe ABS material and features a removable stainless steel bowl that is dishwasher safe. The stainless steel feeding bowl is very easy to remove.
The lid is tightly sealed on the food container, which helps to keep the dry pet food nice and fresh for weeks.
- Because this feeder is battery powered, you can put it anywhere in your home
- This feeder employs anti jam features to make sure your cat always gets fed on time
- This particular model is designed so curious pets cannot break into the food storage container
- Some customers have complained that this feeder does not work too well with food that has large pieces of kibble
All in all, the DADYPET automatic pet feeder is an affordable option for cat owners who want to dip their toes into the world of pet gadgets.
TSYMO Automatic Cat Feeder
Another affordable automatic pet feeder is this sleek model from TSYMO. This particular model is small and lightweight, which makes it easy to put in even tight places in your home.
This TSYMO automatic cat feeder features an innovative automatic reversal mechanism that prevents food from jamming the machine. If the food pieces do not come out smoothly, this function reverses the direction of the motion to adjust its position.
This particular model comes with a built in infrared detection system that helps to portion out food for your cat. This technology helps to stop the device from filling the bowl past the alloted portion.
The infrared detection system allows the food bowl to be filled without spilling and a red LED light will flash once you return home.
This system allows you to completely customise your cats' meals. Set the portion size, timings, and number of meals dispensed every day to fit your pets' specific needs.
Cleaning the TSYMO automatic feeding system is easy to do thanks to its detachable components. The feeding bowl, storage container, and lid can all be removed and cleaned into the dishwasher.
This automatic feeder has a voice recorder feature that allows you to record your voice for up to 12 seconds to help you cat become accustomed to the feeding appliance.
Plug the whole system into a power outlet or choose to run it with batteries instead.
- This automatic cat feeder is simple to program and the anti-clog technology is great at preventing food from getting caught in the dispersal mechanism
- The battery can kick in and power the device if the power suddenly is cut
- Up to six meals a day can be dispensed from this device
- This TSYMO automatic cat feeder only is suitable for dry food, not wet food
- This feeder cannot accommodate very large pieces of kibble
The TSYMO automatic cat feeder is available at a great price and is a good option for one or two cat households.
What to Look for in an Automatic Cat Feeder
When it comes to finding the best automatic cat feeder for you, your household, and your pet, there is a lot of research to be done. Keep these aspects of automatic pet feeders in mind before you make your purchase.
First, look for a cat feeder that can fit comfortably in the space you will put it in. If you are short on space, look for a compact device.
If you have one cat, you should be able to get away with buying one compact feeder. If you want to feed multiple cats from one feeder, you may want to consider purchasing a larger unit.
Automatic cat feeders today can come with a number of features that you may or may not deem as necessary.
Some simple feeders simply word by gravity, and others can allows you to plan your cats' meals ahead of time. There are even feeders like the PETKIT model that allow you to change settings from an app on your smartphone.
Ease of Use
Some cat feeders are definitely easier to use than others. If you are a tech savvy person, go ahead and invest in a high tech feeder.
You should also determine how easy your new pet feeder will be to clean. There are lots of models with removable parts that are even dishwasher safe.
Capacity and Portions
If you have multiple cats or do not want to refill the storage container in the pet feeder, go with a feeder with a large capacity. These will be heavier and bulkier, however they are great for multiple cat households.
The number of portions that can be dispensed every day differs from machine to machine. Most electronic feeders dispense between one and six portions of food every day, however this is definitely a spec that you will want to research before you buy.
Almost all automatic pet feeders are compatible with dry food, but there are some more expensive models that can accommodate wet food.
If you feed your cats kibble with large pieces, make sure the feeder you choose can accommodate them without getting jammed.
Some automatic feeders include special features like voice recorder functions which can help get your cat accustomed to using the feeder.
There are some models of feeders that dispense food in response to your pet's microchip. This is a great option if you have one cat that is on a regular diet and one cat that needs to be on a restricted diet.
Open or Sealed
Some automatic cat feeders have a food bowl that is always open and available to your pet, and others have lids that remain sealed until they are programmed to open up.
Sealed feeders prevent your cat from eating their meal too early. Sealed feeders also prevent food from drying out and protects it from flies and other insects.
Type of Feeder
There are several different types of automatic pet feeders.
The first is a hopper and tray feeder. This model has a hopper on top that drops food into an open container underneath. The advantage of this kind of feeder is that they typically have a large storage capacity, which means you can schedule food to be dropped for an extended period of time compared to other feeders.
The next type of feeder is a rotating feeder. This type of feeder have four to six trays that rotate at scheduled times and move the next full tray to an access hole for your cat. These feeders usually come with icepacks and can be used for wet and dry food.
A tray and lid feeder is a simple tray with a lid. They usually have one or two compartments for food and are typically only large enough for one or two meals. These types of feeders also come with ice packs and can also be used for wet or dry food.
Best in Show: PETKIT Smart Pet Feeder
Our favourite automatic cat feeder on the market today in the UK is the PETKIT smart pet feeder. This unit is pretty affordable and will last you and your kitties for years and years to come.
The fact that you can program this feeder directly from your smartphone via an app makes it the best feeder in our opinion. Having this freedom and ability to customise your cats' meals makes it the best purchase.
Pet kibble is kept as fresh as possible when it is stored in the PETKIT smart pet feeder thanks to the dessicant box. You can store your pet food in the hopper for months without the fear of it going bad.