The Best Sound Bars For Gaming - PS5, Xbox One ConsolesContents1 The Best Sound Bars For Gaming - PS5, Xbox One Consoles1.1 Our Top Gaming Soundbar -1.2 The Creative Sound BlasterX Katana Multi-Channel Gaming Soundbar (Editor's Pick!)1.3 Which Is The Best Soundbar For Gaming? Short On Time? Our Recommended The Best Sound Bars For Gaming […]
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Beer fridge Is The Cookology CBC98BK Undercounter Drinks Fridge!
- Sits conveniently underneath your bar or kitchen worktop
- Perfect for Beer, Wine, Champagne and/or soft drinks
- The whisper quiet 39dB noise level won't keep you up at night
- You can reverse the door so it opens left or right, however the lock will only work when the door is right opening
- Energy efficient - only 106kWh/annum - at about 14p per kilowatt, that's less than £15 a year!
The Best Beer Fridge UK Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1 The Best Beer Fridge UK Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Top Beer Fridge! -
- 1.2 The Cookology CBC98BK Undercounter Drinks Fridge (Editor’s Choice)
- 1.3 Our Budget Alternative - Subcold Eco50 Mini Fridge Black TableTop Model
- 1.4 Subcold Super85 LED Under Counter Fridge
- 1.5 Subcold Super50 LED Mini Fridge
- 1.6 Russell Hobbs RHGWC3SS Table Top Drinks Cooler
- 1.7 Our Verdict - Which Beer Mini Drinks Fridge Is The Best?
- 1.8 What To Look For In The Best Beer Under Counter Fridge (Our Best Buying Guide)
- 1.9 Top Features To Consider In The Best Beer Fridges
- 1.10 What Are The Benefits Of Buying a Mini Drinks Fridge?
- 1.11 Wine Cooler Fridge VS Mini/Beer Fridges
- 1.12 Our #1 Beer Fridge For Keeping Your Cans Cool
If you are a lover of beer then it's likely you’ve found there's never enough space for them in your home refrigerator, shelves can become overflowed easily and before you know it your beers don’t get as cold as you would like.
That’s where beer fridges come in, beer fridges allow you to have a whole small fridge simply dedicated to storing your beer cans, offering up more space than in the main refrigerator and allowing you to put other beverages such as wines and fizzy drinks in there too.
However, beer fridge models tend to come as mini-refrigerators and differ in specs such as; capacity, energy consumption, price, overall size, and temperature.
So to avoid it getting too overwhelming, we have rounded up and reviewed the best beer fridge mini fridges on the market and compared them to find the best mini beer refrigerator for your home.
Our Top Beer Fridge! -
The Cookology CBC98BK Undercounter Drinks Fridge (Editor’s Choice)
The Cookology beer fridge is one of the most high-priced models on our list, however, it is also very highly rated.
Feature-wise the beer fridge comes with a matt black finish and has a 98 litre capacity with a temperature of 0-10 degrees. The fridge further has an A+ energy rating and consumes 106kWh annually, it only has a 39Db noise rating too.
Notable design specs of this beer fridge are its reverse door which has double glazed glass, an LED is included inside too and the beer fridge has a removable shelf option too for more space.
Dimensions of the fridge come in at 845 x 470 x 472mm and it has a lock for the refrigerator too.
The Cookology under counter mini fridge is without a doubt one of the most high-quality and large capacity models on our list.
Not only does this good beer fridge have a great energy efficiency rating but its also very stylish and durable to use due to its matt black finish with a double glazed glass door.
This model further has a low noise Db which makes it more quiet and is less intrusive and easy to have in your home.
Drawbacks of this mini fridge have to be its small adjustable feet and unreliable light which has been reported to stop working after short-term use.
- High-quality design with great temperature options.
- Large capacity with removable shelf function for more space.
- Reverse door.
- Good energy efficiency.
- Quiet 39Db noise rating.
- LED light.
- Double glazed glass door.
- Small adjustable feet.
- Unreliable LED light.
- Expensive price.
Our Budget Alternative - Subcold Eco50 Mini Fridge Black TableTop Model
If you are looking for a high-quality beer fridge on a budget for a low-price, it could be worth checking out this Subcold Eco50 refrigerator.
Main features of this mini fridge are its 50L capacity and matt black countertop design. The refrigerator further has an advanced compressor cooling technology with a temperature ranging between 0-10 degrees.
In terms of energy efficiency, this mini fridge has low rated A+ consumption of 106kWh per year with a 42dB noise level rating. Design-wise the beer refrigerator model has a removable shelf and is built with high-density foam.
Extra specs of this mini refrigerator are its; security lock, adjustable feet and reversible door, the beer fridge further comes with a two-year warranty for buyers confidence.
Overall, this Subcold Eco50 best beer fridges model is perfect if you are on a budget and want a small refrigerator to use in your room with a decent capacity.
Its design additionally has a freezer option too which is great for making ice and is very eco-friendly too.
Downfalls of this small beer refrigerator, however, have to be its noise which is said to be very loud, the freezer compartment is further reported to be very strong, meaning you can’t put anything too close to it without it freezing.
- Very low-price.
- 50L capacity with a removable shelf to store larger drinks.
- Advanced compressor cooling system.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Stainless steel build.
- Great energy efficiency.
- Two-year warranty.
- Very noisy.
- Strong freezer turns close drinks to ice.
Subcold Super85 LED Under Counter Fridge
The Subcold Super85 under counter fridge comes with a high A+ energy efficient rating with low consumption of just 102kW annually and an 85 litre capacity for storing beer.
Main features of this mini beer fridge are it’s built-in sub cold temperature which ranges from 0-10 degrees, the beer fridge additionally has an adjustable thermostat with a low noise level of just 42dB.
Design-wise the mini-fridge has total dimensions of 474 x 435 x 844 mm and can hold up to 80 330ml cans of beer and 5 75cl bottles. The material of this beer fridge uses high-density foam insulation and has 4 removable shelves inside of the refrigerator for extra space.
Other notable design specs of this fridge offers are its reversible door and adjustable feet, there is also an LED inside for better visibility. This mini is lockable and has a clear glass door for viewing your minibar.
A two-year warranty is further included with this mini-fridges model for buyers confidence.
Overall, this mini beer fridge by Subcold is one of the best compact size models for storing beer on our list due to its high energy efficient rating and adjustable thermostat which allows you to have your beer cans cooling at the specific temperature you want.
This mini-fridge is additionally great due to its stylish glass door design which allows you to view all your bottles and complement any room.
Negatives of this sub cold beer fridge have to be its noise level which is said to not be quiet and intrusive in comparison to a normal fridge, some have further reported the beer fridge to break down easily after short-term use.
- Low energy consumption.
- Reversible door with glass design.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- LED with removable shelves.
- Large capacity.
- Two-year warranty.
- High noise level.
- Break downs reported after short-term use.
Subcold Super50 LED Mini Fridge
This Subcold LED mini fridge comes with a 50L capacity and has a low A+ energy rating consumption of only 95kWh per year.
Significant specs of this model are its 0-10 degree advanced cooling compression technology, followed by its adjustable thermostat and low noise of only 42Db. The drinks cooler also has two removable shelves and an internal light.
In terms of design the best beer fridge comes with a reversible door and has adjustable feet, it additionally has a glass door too and is lockable with a key.
Measurements of this beer fridge come in at 44 x 50 x 52.5 cm and it has a two-year warranty included.
This mini beer refrigerator model by Subcold is a great fridge to consider if you are looking for the best beer fridge with a smaller capacity that has a large temperature range and stylish glass door design.
Its lockable door is also a perfect feature if you want to keep your beer cans private or have children in the family.
Some downfalls of this beer fridge are its faulty thermostat which is said to turn the compressor on and off constantly, the fridge further is said to be very loud despite its quiet noise rating.
- Good energy efficiency.
- Large temperature range.
- Two removable shelves.
- Reversible door.
- Two-year warranty.
- Faulty thermostat.
- Loud noise.
Russell Hobbs RHGWC3SS Table Top Drinks Cooler
This Russell Hobbs mini-fridge features a table top design and has a net capacity of 46 litres which can fit up to 12 bottles inside. It also has an A+ energy efficiency rating and consumes up to 103kWh per year.
Main specifications of this beer fridge are its removable chrome shelf function and a removable rack which allow you to have more space inside of the fridge. The beer fridge further has a noise level of 44dB and comes with adjustable feet.
Measurements of this table top mini fridge come in at 43 x 48 x 51 cm and it has an adjustable thermostat too.
To conclude, this Russell Hobbs beer fridge has great energy efficiency and is one of the best table top designs on our list for storing your beer cans.
This fridge offers additional amounts of space to use thanks to its removable shelves too, and all for an affordable price.
Downfalls of this beer fridge are its loud noise and adjustable feet which are said to be very uneven and give a tilt to the beer fridge when standing.
- Very affordable price.
- Good energy efficiency.
- Removable shelves.
- Adjustable feet.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- Loud noise.
- Uneven when standing.
Our Verdict - Which Beer Mini Drinks Fridge Is The Best?
To conclude, the best beer fridge on our list has to be the Cookology CBC98BK Undercounter Drinks Refrigerator.
This is due to its high-quality durable design and large capacity which allows you to have a generous amount of space to store wine, beer cans or other beverage types in all in one refrigerator.
We also recommend this model thanks to its whisper-quiet compressor which allows it to be used in any room and has a great energy rating.
For a more budget alternative, we would also suggest checking out the Subcold Eco50 Mini Refrigerator Black Table Top Model. This refrigerator may be very compact but is great value for money and perfect for keeping your beer bottles chilled during the summer months.
The only reason we placed this Subcold model lower down on our list is due to its smaller capacity which may not be suitable to use for holding other beverage types such as wines or soft drinks too.
What To Look For In The Best Beer Under Counter Fridge (Our Best Buying Guide)
Now we have compared and reviewed some of the best beer fridges on the market you might be wondering what features you need to be looking out for in the top model.
You additionally might be questioning whether you should go for a cooler or a beer refrigerator, and what the advantages are of investing in a beer refrigerator.
Well, not to worry, we’ve put all this information together for you in our best buying guide below.
So without further ado, let us get into it!
Top Features To Consider In The Best Beer Fridges
There are many features you should be considering in a beer fridge if you want to find the best model out there for your money.
From capacity to energy efficiency, you need to make sure your fridge will be suitable to keep all your bottles cool without running out of space.
We have listed out the most essential features for you to consider in your beer fridge below -
- Capacity - This is one of the most important features to consider in your refrigerator as this will determine how many drinks or cans you can fit in your small refrigerator and keep cool. If you're looking for a decent-sized capacity its best to go for a stainless steel fridge of around 50L, however, if you are looking for more space and want to store other beverage types such as wine bottles then you might want to consider going up to 90L and above.
- Energy consumption - The energy efficiency of your fridge is also something to consider, you want to be looking for a fridge that doesn’t consume too many watts annually yet still keeps your drinks cool enough. It’s best to look for an A+ rating in this case.
- Thermostat control - If you want more control over your models cooler compressor then you should be looking for an adjustable thermostat so as you can set how cool you want your best beer fridge to be.
- Adjustability - For more space, it's a good idea to look for removable shelves so as you can store larger drinks in your fridge without being restricted, some of the best beer fridges have adjustable feet too.
- Overall dimensions - One of the most essential specs to consider in your best model is its overall size, you want to have a small compact fridge that will fit nicely on your home countertop or underneath, you should avoid getting a drinks fridge that is too bulky.
- Extra features - Some extra features to watch out for in your mini-bar are; locks which are excellent if your fridge will be located in a family home, a freezer compartment which can be useful for extra ice space and a reversible door which is perfect if you want to open your fridge from different sides. A blue LED light is also a good accessory to look out for if you plan to use your mini bar at night.
- Warranty - As with all appliances, your best beer fridges model must come with at least a 1-year warranty to ensure you are protected against any faulty fridge models or cooling compressors.
What Are The Benefits Of Buying a Mini Drinks Fridge?
Some the main benefits you can have from buying a beer fridge are more space and convenience, making it a perfect buy if your family fridge is already overfull and you enjoy a cool beer at the end of the day.
- Saves space - If your are a beverage fan and want to free up some space in your main fridge then a beer fridge is the perfect solution as it provides a set space to keep all your different beverage types cool and it’s size doesn’t take up too much room.
- Energy-efficient - Beer fridges are very energy efficient and don’t cost too much money to run, even when operating at full cooling capacity.
- Great for entertainment - The best bar beer fridges are excellent for entertaining in your living room and allow people to pick and choose their drinks easily due to most having a visible glass.
- Adjustability - Some of the best beer fridges allow you to set your thermostat and keep your beverage of choice cool at the temperature you want.
- Convenient - They are very portable and can be placed anywhere around your home, allowing you to grab a beer whenever you want without having to go to your main fridge.
- Versatile - Beer fridges are extremely versatile and can also be used to hold fizzy drinks or store large bottles, they also can be low in price too making it great side purchase.
Wine Cooler Fridge VS Mini/Beer Fridges
If you’ve been looking into buying the best small fridge to keep your beer, wine or other beverages in then, likely, you’ve also come across a wine cooler fridge as well as a beer mini-fridge.
Both compact fridges are very versatile and can be used to keep a variety of drinks cool in any room, however, they do come with there advantages and disadvantages.
We have compared the two below and highlighted their differences to help you out.
Wine fridges normally have an adjustable thermostat and are designed to keep long large bottles on their side at a higher temperature than a beer and normal fridge needs to be.
They also have much fewer vibrations than a normal fridge which could potentially ruin the quality of the wine and have higher levels of humidity to help with the maturing of the wine.
Downfalls of these fridges have to be there lack over versatility; meaning they can’t store a variety of drinks like a normal fridge could, they also take much longer to get cold.
- Wider space for storing long bottles.
- Fewer vibrations than a normal beer fridge.
- High levels of humidity help mature wine.
- Can’t store food or a variety of beverages.
- Unable to get cold quickly.
Mini fridges or compact beer fridges tend to be much more versatile than coolers and can reach colder temperatures than a wine cooler. They tend to have freezer compartments for making ice and can even store food and a variety of other beverages than just beer.
These stainless steel compact fridges are often much more adjustable than a cooler with moveable shelves and blue LED lights, some even have reverse door options.
Downfalls of these fridges have to be their lack of options for storing wine at higher temperatures, they also allow more vibrations, which is fine for beer but not so great for wine.
- Lots of adjustabilities inside.
- A quick cooling time which is great for beers.
- Not suitable for storing wine.
- Can be noisy and may not be suitable for use in a communal room.
Overall, if you are looking for a versatile beer fridge that gets cold quickly and can be able to store other cans and beverages too, like a bar set-up, then you should get a compact beer/mini fridge with high-quality features such as a freezer and adjustable shelves.
If you are looking, however, to specifically store wines and you want to get the best quality possible out of your bottles then you should go for a cooler, these coolers aren’t suitable for beers however as they don’t get cool enough.
What extra features should I look for in a beer fridge cooler?
There are many different features you can consider in a small beer fridge, some great ones to consider are; adjustable shelves, an adjustable thermostat, freezer compartments and an LED.
How much does a compact beer fridge normally cost?
The price of a small beer fridge typically comes down to its power, capacity and features that it comes with. A usual price range can be anything from £100-£300 and above depending on size.
What is a reverse door?
A reversible door on a beer fridge allows you to set the fridge door to open from the left or right according to your preference which can help save space and have added convenience.
Is there a certain Db a mini-fridge should be so as it’s quiet enough?
If possible, it's best to look for a fridge which has a low Db of around 35-40, anything above may not be loud but could be classed as noticeable.
The higher the power of a fridge you get then the louder it tends to be.
What’s the best capacity to look for in a beer fridge?
This depends on how many beverage types or beers your planning on storing in the fridge.
If your looking to keep a large amount drinks in your fridge then its best to go for maybe a 90L fridge, however, if you are looking to keep one or two beers cool with a couple of other cans then it could be better to go for a 40L fridge which is much more affordable.
How do I maintain a beer or mini-fridge?
Beer fridges tend to require little maintenance and need routine cleaning every week or so depending on how much you use the fridge, you should also wipe down any condensation the fridge that occurs.
Can I store other beverage types in these small fridges?
Yes, you can store wines or other cans of fizzy/soft drinks in these small fridges along as your model has enough space, however, when storing wines you might want to consider that a fridge could be a little too cold when compared to a cooler.
What temperature does a beer fridge normally get to?
Beer fridges tend to have an adjustable thermostat ranging from 0-10 degrees, this is cold enough for keeping your beer cans cool.
Are these small fridges portable?
Yes, these mini-fridges can be moved from room to room easily as long as you have a compatible socket to power the cooler.
Can I lock a beer fridge?
Most beer fridge models can be locked for security with a key, this is great if you want to keep your refrigerator child-friendly or if you don’t like sharing your beer cans!
What's the largest capacity beer fridge you can buy?
Models tend to go up to around 100L, yet, some can reach 150L, you should also remember the size of your fridge will increase too which can impact storage space.
Our #1 Beer Fridge For Keeping Your Cans Cool
Our number one beer refrigerator for keeping your cans nice and cool is the Cookology CBC98BK Undercounter Drinks Fridge due to its robust design and large capacity which allows you to store a generous amount of beer cans and operate at a very quiet level allowing it to be stored in any room.
If your looking to save some money but still get a good refrigerator for your beers then we also recommend the Subcold Eco50 Mini Fridge Black Table Top Model thanks to its advanced compressor cooling system and removable shelves.