The Five Best Budget Action Camera Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1 The Five Best Budget Action Camera Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Top Action Camera -
- 1.2 The APEMAN Action Camera A87 (Editor's Choice)
- 1.3 Our Final Judgement - Which Budget Action Cam Is The Best?
- 1.4 What To Look For In a Best Budget Action Cam (Buying Guide)
- 1.5 Top Features In a Best Budget Action Cam
- 1.6 FAQs
- 1.7 Our #1 Best Budget Action Cameras Model For Adventures
Action cameras are great little devices to have if you are into capturing adventure footage or action video, nowadays you can find these tiny cameras at a reasonable price too.
From GoPro hero to 4K action cameras, it can be challenging to figure out which is the best budget action camera on the market. Most tend to differ in terms of video quality, battery life and weather resistance.
So with that being said, we have listed and compared the best action cameras below, to help you find the right budget action camera for your adventures.
Our Top Action Camera -
The APEMAN Action Camera A87 (Editor's Choice)
APEMAN is well-known in the action camera industry, this budget camera, in particular, boasts a high-quality 4k video performance at 60fps and has an 8x zoom function. Its action camera also boasts electronic image stabilisation for smoother footage.
Notable features of this action camera are its two modes; auto and professional, its also allows you to choose modes such as time-lapse and slow-motion or cloudy and fluorescent depending on the weather conditions. These modes can be selected on its 2-inch touch screen.
WiFi function can be used with this cameras app for transferring video or images; it also has ports for USB, AV and HDMI. For waterproof shooting, there is an additional case included which will allow you to shoot video up to 40m below water.
Accessory-wise the action camera comes with; a remote control, dual batteries, a carrying bag, bike mount kit and more.
This APEMAN budget action camera is very highly rated and has all the features and reliability you need in the best action camera.
It also has very high-quality HD video and can be made waterproof with its casing. The price is affordable too.
Some disadvantages of this budget action camera by APEMAN have to be its electronic image stabilisation which is reported to be shaky. The APEMAN app is also said to be challenging to connect too, which can prove difficult when wanting to transfer video to your phone wirelessly.
- Highly rated with a variety of video modes.
- Great quality.
- Waterproof case for video up to 40m deep.
- Affordable price.
- 8x zoom function.
- 2-inch display.
- Bad image stabilisation.
- The app is challenging to connect too.
Our Budget Alternative! - The Crosstour Action Camera 4K
The Crosstour budget action camera is one of the lowest-priced cameras on our list. This action camera comes with the ability to shoot 4k video at 30fps and can also shoot HD video at 60fps. It also has a picture quality of 20mp with six layers of optical glass.
Feature-wise the action camera boasts wireless control and can be used 30m underwater due to its IP68 waterproof case. You can also control the action camera wirelessly via its app and view its video from your smartphone.
Additional accessories are included with this Crosstour action camera such as; two batteries, a remote control, mounting kits, various straps and a fixed base. The cam also comes with a 12-month guarantee for buyers confidence.
To conclude, the affordable Cross tour budget cam is one of the best cameras on our list due to its extremely low price and HD video quality. This camera also boasts a waterproof filming ability for underwater adventures. It can be controlled wirelessly for easy user use too.
Negatives of this budget action camera have to be its ability to connect with Mac software which makes copying these cameras files over slightly tricky. The action camera also doesn't perform very well in low light conditions.
- Affordable price with HD video.
- Waterproof case.
- 12-month guarantee.
- 20mp picture quality.
- Wireless control.
- Has trouble copying files from the camera to Mac computers/laptops.
- Does not perform well in low light conditions.
AKASO V50 Pro Native 4K/30fps 20MP WiFi Cam
The AKASO V50 Pro Native activity camera features the ability to record video in 4K high quality with 30fps; it can also take pictures with a 20-megapixel rating.
Feature-wise the camera has built-in electronic image stabilisation. It detects position/motion changes; this camera also has different viewing angles to choose from, such as wide-angle, narrow, super-wide, and medium.
Distortion is corrected too because of its LDC image correction. There is bulti -in WiFi that allows you to transfer the cameras electronic image to your phone or connect to a TV with its HDMI port.
You can additionally use the camera underwater thanks to its housing and red light sensor.
Design-wise, the model, has a 2-inch touch screen where you can set different video modes ranging from; time-lapse, slow motion, long exposure and more.
Other notable features of this cam are its accessories that come as; two rechargeable batteries, a remote control, bicycle helmet attachment, USB cable, lens cloth and more. The cam can also be controlled up to 10m away with its remote.
Overall, the AKASO branded budget action camera is one of the best budget cameras on our list due to its high video quality and video angles which allows you to record a variety of different footage.
This camera is also excellent for action thanks to its waterproof housing and image stabilisation.
Downfalls of this budget action camera have to be its build-quality and overall features that have been reported to be faulty, the video and image quality has also said to be low compared to a Go Pro Hero camera.
It's also reported that its waterproof casing and packaging is difficult to open.
- 4k video quality at 30fps.
- Action camera video stabilisation.
- Waterproof casing.
- Different video angles.
- Touch LCD.
- Budget price means low video quality and overall low build quality.
- Packaging and waterproof casing are reported to be challenging to open.
Dragon Touch 4K Action Cam
This Dragon Touch 4K camera is priced very reasonably and features a 4K video quality at 30fps or full HD at 1080 fps. The camera can take pictures of a 20mp quality too.
Best features of this 4K video camera are its image stabilisation and waterproof case which allows you to use this action camera 30 metres below water, it can also be connected to an external mic.
Other notable specs of this cam are its video modes such as; car mode, time-lapse and loop recording. It can also be used wirelessly due to its LIVE DV app, which can be downloaded on to your smartphone.
The Dragon touch 4K video cam is a great budget action camera to consider because of its high-quality video and image stabilisation.
This model can be used underwater too and can even be connected to an external mic, making it perfect for vlogging or other kinds of adventures.
Downfalls of this budget cam are its picture quality which is said to be bad, especially in indoor environments. The model is also reported to have issues connecting wirelessly to smartphones.
- Low price with high-quality video and pictures.
- Comes with a range of accessories.
- Waterproof with casing.
- Can be used with an external mic.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Variety of modes.
- Low picture quality.
- Wireless connectivity issues.
- Poor battery life.
Campark X25 Native 4K 20MP Action Cam
The Campark budget action camera comes with a 4K video quality at 30 fps and can also shoot 1080p at 120 fps, followed by a picture quality of 20mp.
Significant specs of this cam are its image stabilisation and 170-degree wide-angle lens which has image distortion correction. You can also use the budget cam 100ft underwater due to its waterproof housing.
Connecting to this Campark cam can be done via its wireless connectivity feature that connects to its downloadable smartphone app.
This action cameras model additionally comes with two batteries, video modes such as a time-lapse function and comes with many other mounting accessories.
To conclude, the Campark budget action cameras model is great for people who want a budget cam with high-quality video output. This budget cam is also one of the best on our list due to its image stabilisation and waterproof housing, allowing it to be used on all kinds of adventures; from swimming to biking.
On the other hand, however, this budget action cameras model does have some downfalls such as its audio. To use the cameras attachments you have to pair them with the case included, this is reported to silence the audio considerably.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Low price with high-quality video and images.
- Variety of modes and attachments.
- Image stabilisation.
- Waterproof with a case.
- Audio is muffled by case.
- Poor battery life.
Our Final Judgement - Which Budget Action Cam Is The Best?
Overall, the best budget action camera on our list has to be the APEMAN Action Camera A87 model due to its high-quality video, excellent battery life and reliable features.
This action cameras model has everything you need for adventure; from image stabilisation to waterproof recording, making it the perfect affordable model on our list.
As an alternate runner up we would suggest considering the Crosstour Action Camera 4K model. The Crosstour action cameras model has a very low price and boasts top features that more expensive models have, making it great value for money.
What To Look For In a Best Budget Action Cam (Buying Guide)
Now we have compared and looked at the best budget action cameras; it's a good idea to familiarise yourself and know what you should be looking for in one of these action cams before purchasing a model.
We have put together a little best budget action cam buying guide below to help you out.
Top Features In a Best Budget Action Cam
By now, you likely know that the best budget action cameras tend to have essential features such as; image stabilisation, excellent battery life and high video quality.
However, it can still be challenging to figure out what else you need in the best budget action model, so we've rounded up the best features below for you to check out before you buy your go cams.
- Video quality - It's essential to check what quality your budget action cameras model can shoot in, you should be looking for a range between 1080p and 4k for high definition playback when uploaded to a phone or computer.
- Remote control - Some models will have this option which is useful if you want to control your cam from a distance without holding it and setting manually.
- Wireless connectivity - Wireless connectivity is included with most models; this will enable you to connect the action cameras to your smartphone and adjust settings from your phone or even see the footage through your phone as a viewfinder.
- Image stabilisation - Stabilisation on action cameras is one of the most important features your model should have. Especially in action filming, you want your model to be as smooth as possible; this is what the top GoPro hero models have too.
- Size - Most of these budget action cameras are pretty small, but it's a good idea to make sure yours can fit comfortably into your pocket or hand when filming.
- Modes - Some of the best budget action cameras have different modes of shooting such as time-lapse, loop video, slow motion or even long exposure. It's a good idea to check what your model offers before purchasing.
- Battery life - Having a model with rechargeable batteries is the best solution for longer battery life, check the specifications just in case.
- Waterproof housing - Budget action cameras come with waterproof cases that allow you to shoot underwater, you should be checking how far under this will enable you to take your cam underwater and how durable the casing is itself.
- Mounting - Check what accessories your budget action cameras model comes with, mounting accessories for bikes and cars can be handy and saves you from having to purchase them separately.
- Durability - How durable is the overall camera? For example, if you happen to drop it or use it in colder temperatures, will it withhold?
- Field of view - Some budget action cameras with a higher price will have an option of narrow view or wide-angle viewing when recording.
- Warranty - Especially when it comes to buying low price action cameras, you should make sure you are covered by warranty in case of any faulty products.
Do I need image stabilisation in my model?
Yes, especially for action cams you need image stabilisation as this will smooth out any bumps or shakes when recording.
Can I use my best budget action model underwater?
This depends on your model but most comes with a waterproof case that allows you to choose your cam underwater, some models like the GoPro hero are fully waterproof themselves.
How do I attach my model to a bike?
You can attach your cam to a bike by using a mounting accessory, some of the best budget action go cameras comes with this feature.
What quality should the best budget action model record in?
For the best budget action cams you should be able to record in either 1080p or 4k, similar to the top GoPro Hero models.
Our #1 Best Budget Action Cameras Model For Adventures
The number one choice on our list for the best budget action camera has to be the APEMAN Action Cam A87. This best budget model deserves the number one spot due to its reliability and high-quality video, the cam also has all the features needed for adventure filming and can record action even underwater.
For an even more best budget low price option we would recommend the Crosstour Cam 4K, mainly because of its low price and 4k quality which is exceptional value for money.