Short on time? Here’s our pick;
- 21 pre-set coffee specialities prepared according to the original recipes, Additional customisation of coffee with the Melitta Connect App
- My Coffee Memory: Saves the preferences of up to 8 people, 4 pre-programmed classic specialities: Expresso, Café Crème, Cappuccino, Latte macchiato, Separate hot water preparation possible (e.g. for tea)
- Exceptional taste: Genuine fresh coffee enjoyment cup after cup thanks to the Best Aroma System Plus and the Intense Aroma feature, 2 airtight grain compartments, Ground coffee chute, 5 settings for coffee strength
- Simple and intuitive, Customised coffee selection with Automatic Bean Select, Touch display for selection of hot water, milk, foam and coffee and amount of coffee (25 ml - 220 ml), Automated choice of grain type, Double-cup mode
- Automatic cleaning and descaling, Welcome pack cleaning kit, Removable brewing unit, Dishwasher safe, Whisper Grinder, Compact design, Made in Germany
Best Coffee Machines From Bean To Cup To Barista Express
If you are an avid coffee enthusiast, then you probably want to craft the perfect cup in your home. If you are looking for a deluxe coffee machine to make everything from lattes to cappuccinos, then you have a lot of research ahead of you. If you are looking to move past the average nespresso machine, then we have some amazing products to choose from.
Luckily, we have curated a list of our favourite bean to cup coffee machines on the market today in the UK. If you choose to purchase one of the devices on this list, then you will surely not be disappointed. Keep reading to find out more!
Melitta F86 Barista TS
The Melitta F86 stainless steel coffee machine is a modern and stylish coffee maker that comes in three different colour palettes. You can purchase this particular device in black, stainless steel, or silver to perfectly match your kitchen decor. When compared to other similar bean to cup machines, this one is especially stylish. This appliance will definitely stand out and be a focal point of your kitchen that you can be proud of.
The Melitta F86 coffee machine has 21 pre-set coffee specialities that are sure to meet all of your expectations. Whether you want a simple single shot espresso or a more complicated cafe latte, this little machine can do it all. This device specifically specialises in espresso, ristretto, and lungo for classic and delicious coffees whenever you want them. Whether you opt for a simple black coffee or a less healthy but extremely delicious iced latte, this machine has you covered.
This model has its own separate milk attachment chamber that can deliver your creamy and foamy milk whenever you fancy it. It also has two bean storage containers so that you can enjoy different roasts. If you want to stick to one type of bean, you can simply fill both bean chambers with the same kind.
The computerised display that is on the front of this great coffee machine is extremely clear and easy to read. The full-colour TFT screen allows you to set your brewing preferences and monitor the levels of your milk, water, and espresso beans. Using the display, you can save recipe preferences for up to eight people. Melitta’s ‘touch and slide’ controls give you complete power over different aspects of your hot beverages. You can even choose how much liquid is dispensed from 25 mL to 220 mL.
In addition to the TFT screen, there are also LED lights built into the dispenser that allow your cup to become illuminated during dispensing. Even in low light, you will be able to see your coffee being dispensed. This is an especially useful feature if you wake up before sunrise to enjoy your first cup of coffee.
When you purchase this appliance, make sure that you also download the Melitta Connect App on your smartphone or tablet. All of the settings that you can manage on the coffee machine itself can also be managed on the app. For example, you can program you personal Coffee Profile and save it for easy and efficient brewing every day. The app also has tutorials that can help you with cleaning and maintaining the device.
These single cup bean-to-cup machines are great if you are making coffees for one or two people, but what happens if you are making coffees for six or more? Most devices such as a nespresso machine only dispense one cup at a time, which can be tedious and time consuming if you are making enough drinks for an entire party. The Melitta F86 coffee machine can actually dispense two coffees at a time. This dual dispensing action, along with the sheer speed at which the device dispenses great coffee anyway allows you to make several cups of coffee in nearly no time at all.
Another beneficial feature of this particular machine is that the nozzle height is adjustable. This is a great feature because it allows you to use tall mugs and coffee thermoses as well as shorter, more traditional coffee cups.
Cleaning this bean-to-cup machine could not be easier. The Melitta F86 uses a pre-programmed cleaning routine with blasts of steam and hot water to clean out all of the nozzles. If you have a problem with hard water in your home, you can also purchase a descaling fluid to run through the machine in order to prevent limescale buildup.
- The Melitta F86 monitors the bean levels in both chambers and warns you in advance of them running out completely.
- Purchase of this appliance comes with a guarantee from Melitta of one or two years. Purchase of this machine is covered for this time period or 15 thousand cups of coffee- whichever comes first.
- Some customers have complained that the user interface that the app uses is not exactly the easiest to use.
- Once you get the hang of it, this machine is easy to use, however the learning curve is steep and it has a lot of settings that can be adjusted.
If you are looking for barista quality coffees at a reasonable price in your very own home, then the Melitta F86 is a great purchase that will service you and your household for years and years to come.
De Longhi Eletta
The De Longhi Eletta coffee and espresso machine is an affordable and sophisticated take on the common espresso machine. It is available in black or silver. Whichever colour you choose, you can be sure that it will look great on your kitchen counter top.
This coffee maker has an automatic milk frother, which can steam your milk and add the perfect finishing touch to your cup of coffee. With the press of a button, you can have perfectly steamed milk in or on the side of your perfectly personalised coffee beverage.
The De Longhi Eletta coffee maker allows you to customise the temperature at which your coffee is dispensed. Many people do not know that varying the temperature of your hot drink can actually change its flavour profiles. The De Longhi Eletta has three temperature settings. Choose a cooler coffee for a light coffee and a hot one for a deeper, richer flavour.
In addition to temperature control, you can also choose from several strength options for your coffee. This option basically just allows you to use more or less beans for a stronger or weaker coffee.
There is even a pre-soaking setting on this device in which hot water soaks into the ground coffee before it is infused into your drink. This allows the coffee to loosen and therefore intensifies the resulting aroma.
You have probably experienced hard water and limescale buildup when it comes to kettles. The same problems can arise when dealing with bean-to-cup machines. The De Longhi Eletta has a cleaning function to combat this. Simply fill the water tank with a descaling fluid and select the cleaning program on the screen. Once the program has run, you just have to run hot water through the machine to flush out the descaling fluid.
Many specialised coffee machines such as this model only make one cup of coffee at a time. The De Longhi Eletta is unique in that it can actually make two coffees at once. Have no fear if you have company over; you will be able to make them hot cups of delicious coffee in a flash!
- This machine does not take coffee pods, which means that it is much better for the environment than traditional pod machines are.
- If you use a clear mug or cup, you can clearly see the layers of coffee, milk, and foam which is a unique and sophisticated way to consume your hot beverage.
- The grinder for the beans on this coffee machine is pretty loud, but all coffee grinders are going to be somewhat noisy.
- Some customers have complained that the flat white that is produced by this machine is lacking in flavour.
The De Longhi Eletta is a sleek and modern espresso machine that will make a perfect addition to any kitchen counter top.
Sage Barista Express Machine
If you are looking for a traditional style, high class espresso machine, then look no further than the Sage Barista Express machine. It comes in three different colours, including silver, stainless steel, and black so that you can be sure that it will match flawlessly with your other kitchen appliances. The buttons and knobs are clearly labelled and easy to press, only adding to its aesthetic appeal.
While the Sage Barista Express machine is not a true bean-to-cup machine, it still gets the job done and produces a truly delicious coffee. It does include a grinder, however you need to grind the coffee into a filter and tamp it down yourself.
This device is great because you can completely control the taste of your coffee with it. There are ten different settings for coffee strength which is much more that other coffee machines have, especially the traditional capsule coffee machine. The grinder that comes with this setting has 18 settings for grind coarseness, giving you even more control over the coffee making process.
There are automatic modes for one or two cups that can be adjusted in size, however you can also manually dispense as much or as little coffee as you wish.
The PID temperature control that is included with this appliance allows it to pass hot water over the ground beans at the perfect temperature, which is essential for extracting maximum flavour. This device is also fitted with a cup warming tray so that you can prolong the life of your newly brewed drink. There are also 10 different settings for coffee dose which is way more than other comparable machines have.
Cleaning this particular model is quite straightforward and simple. A cleaning filter is actually included in the machine itself. You will definitely need to descale it every now and then, and a cleaning brush is also provided in order to clean the steam pipe.
There is no doubt that this machine is expensive, but it is geared towards people who are more interested in speciality drinks and not those who are just interested in a plain black coffee. If you are more interested in advanced brewing features, delicious espresso, and its professional appearance, then the Sage Barista Express is for you.
- The espresso that is produced by this bean-to-cup machine is extremely delicious and aromatic.
- The steam wand that is attached to this device is very effective at producing micro-froth.
- All of the components in this appliance are dishwasher safe.
- There is no automatic milk frother included on this appliance.
- The learning curve to using this machine is steep. but once you get the hang of it, you should have minimal problems.
Sage Barista Express machine is a more traditional espresso machine when compared to others in the article. If you are looking to prepare scrumptious drinks, then look no further than the Sage Barista Express machine.
The Cuisinart Veloce is a modern take on the traditional espresso machine. The black and stainless steel design lends itself to blending in with your other kitchen appliances. Its compact design makes it fit into any kitchen space, even if it is tiny. The device only measures 20 cm wide and 40 cm deep, so you can truly store it anywhere. In addition to its small, sleek design, the smart LCD touchscreen display on the front of the device gives the user a clear and concise picture and description of what particular type of coffee they are making.
You can choose from the following drink options: Americano, latte, cappuccino, hot milk, or how water. Once you have chosen the drink type that you want, you can adjust other elements including strength, length, temperature, and the ratio of espresso, steamed milk, and frothed milk. In addition to the great LCD screen, there is also a memory system that allows people to save up to four drink preferences.
The milk and water tanks are easy to access and refill when needed. The detachable milk container can be chilled on the counter top with the built-in ice pack or removed and stored in your fridge door.
This device can also dispense up to two coffees at one time, which is great for families on the go or households that entertain friends and family on a regular basis.
One great asset that this appliance has is that it runs automatic cleaning cycles every time it is switched on and after dispensing drinks that contain milk. If you want to preform a deeper clean, there are separate programs for that. The touch LCD screen will take you through the process step by step.
- The Cuisinart Veloce is extremely easy to use and comes with clear and concise instructions.
- This device is small and compact enough, which is great if you happen to have a smaller kitchen.
- This device provides great value for money, especially if you find yourself buying speciality drinks on the high street more than a few times a week.
- Some users have complained that the final temperature of the finished coffee is not hot enough. There is also no cup warmer on this device.
- There is no steam wand or milk frother on this appliance.
The Cuisinart Veloce is a modern and sleek espresso machine that is capable of producing delicious cups of coffee all at the press of a single button.
Breville All-in-One Coffee House
The Breville All-in-One coffee house machine is a great purchase if you want professionally brewed coffee but are not quite familiar with making it at home yet. This machine combines an espresso machine with a capsule machine.
This model is unique in that it can use ground coffee beans or capsules. After all, pod coffee can be very delicious! You get to choose which one you prefer which is helpful if you are not ready to make the permanent transition to ground coffee only. This device is compatible with Dolce Gusto pods so that you can enjoy all sorts of drinks like Americanos, macchiatos, mochas, chococinos, or even a chai tea latte. The auto-detection software built into this appliance recognises whether you are using a coffee pod or lose grounds. You can even brew filter coffee with this machine if you brew it directly into a carafe.
The dual-nozzle allows you to brew two espressos at once and there is even a 15 bar pump system so you can extract the best flavour out of your coffee. The cup stand is height is adjustable on this device as well. If you are using smaller cups and want to minimise splashing, you can simply move the cup stand closer to the nozzle. On the other hand, if you are filling up a tall thermos, you can move the cup stand to the lowest position in order to fit the thermos comfortably under the nozzle.
- This machine allows for the user to make espresso coffee, filter coffee, or coffee pod drinks.
- This device automatically adjusts itself depending on this attachment is fitted onto it.
- The built-in heater in the reservoir can keep brewed drinks hot for up to two hours.
- Some customers have advised that you must fill the water reservoir to the very top each time you brew a hot drink.
- Once you factor in cold milk added to your brewed coffee, the resulting temperature is not hot enough according to many users.
This particular model is extremely inexpensive so if you are looking for a device somewhere in between a pod machine and a traditional espresso machine, then this one is a very good choice. Since you can either use ground beans or just simply pop in a coffee pod, the possibilities are endless when it comes to hot drinks. The Breville All-in-One is truly one of the best coffee machines on the market in the UK today!
Beem Modell 2019
The Beem Modell 2019 bean-to-cup coffee machine is a high-quality device in a sleek and sophisticated package. The stainless steel and black plastic design is modern and classic at the same time. This device produces delicious filter coffee and also is able to grind whole coffee beans as well.
The integrated cone grinder that is build into this appliance comes with five different grinding settings so that you can choose the best grinding preferences for each different espresso bean.
Purchase of this device also comes with several accessories. This includes a carafe, a coffee spoon, and a cleaning brush. The full carafe can be stored on the heating plate for hot beverages that you can enjoy all day long. The carafe is also fitted with an anti-drip feature for mess-free pouring. It also comes with a permanent filter so that you never have to buy paper filters again. This will save you time and money in the future.
- This appliance comes with a built-in timer feature. That means that you can pre-set this machine to brew your drink at a specified time without having to get up and press the buttons. This is perfect if you need a fresh hot beverage first thing in the morning!
- The Beem Modell 2019 is one of the best coffee machines for simple, filter coffee. It is extremely affordable as well.
- Purchase of this device also comes with a two year manufacturer warranty.
- This is a filter coffee system and does not take pods or make espresso drinks.
- If you are looking for a machine to produce specialised coffee drinks, then perhaps you should consider another appliance on this list.
The Beem Modell 2019 is a simple filter coffee machine with a built in bean grinder. If you are looking for an elevated take on the traditional coffee brewing machine, then the Beem Modell 2019 is the perfect coffee machine for you, because it combines the best of an espresso and a capsule machine.
VonShef Bean to Cup Coffee Machine
The VonShef Bean to Cup coffee machine is much like the Beem Modell 2019 in that it is a filter coffee maker with a built-in bean grinder. This model is black and silver and looks like a traditional coffee maker, so you can sure that it will fit in well with the rest of your kitchen appliances.
The burr grinder that is integrated into this device allows the user to choose from nine intensity settings to truly customise your beverage taste and aroma.
This device can make up to 12 cups of coffee at once. The fresh coffee is filtered into a glass carafe with measurement markings. Purchase of this machine also comes with a permanent and reusable filter. This means that you do not have to waste any more money on disposable paper filters.
A programmable timer setting is also incorporated into the design of this device. You can set the timer to brew fresh coffee whenever you want, which is perfect for waking up on a busy working morning.
This is one of the most affordable and stylish coffee brewing devices that is on the market today in the UK. If you go to buy coffee on the high street at least a few times a week, then purchase of this appliance will definitely save you money in the long run. The beauty in this device is in its simplicity, as it is extremely easy to use and operate. Of course, an added bonus is that is produces a delicious brewed coffee as well.
- This easy-to-use machine is able to take ground beans or whole beans, lending to its versatility.
- The nozzle on this device does not drip once it is done dispensing.
- The accessories that come with the purchase of this appliance are not dishwasher safe.
- The water reservoir is not easily accessible which makes it a bit difficult to refill.
If you want to enjoy fresh filter coffee from whole or ground beans, then the VonShef Bean to Cup coffee machine is the perfect buy for you! The VonShef Bean to cup is one of the best machines on the market today.
If you choose one of the machines listed in this article, then you will definitely not be disappointed. If you are ready to make the change from a capsule coffee machine, then you cannot go wrong with any of these models. These devices can make simple black coffee and more advance speciality drinks, so they will have you covered no matter what drink you fancy.
Last Updated on