The Best Cordless Iron Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1 The Best Cordless Iron Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Top Cordless Iron (2020 Updated) -
- 1.2 The Swan 2-in-1 Cord or Cordless Steam Press Iron (Editor's Choice)
- 1.3 Our Final Judgment - Which Cordless Iron Is The Best?
- 1.4 What To Look For In a Best Cordless Iron (Buying Guide)
- 1.5 Best Features To Look For in a Cordless Iron
- 1.6 What's The Difference Between Cordless Irons & Corded Irons?
- 1.7 FAQs
- 1.8 Our #1 Cordless Iron Recommendation
Let's face it, ironing can be a tedious chore that we dread, but with newer models and cordless steam features, ironing can now be something we look forward to.
Cordless irons give much more freedom when ironing, these best cordless iron models often come with a range of other features too such as steam ironing boosts and self-cleaning functions to prevent lime-scale build-up.
The question is, how do we know which model is the best cordless iron to buy? Well, we've rounded up the best cordless irons below and compared them to help find the top cordless iron model for you.
Our Top Cordless Iron (2020 Updated) -
The Swan 2-in-1 Cord or Cordless Steam Press Iron (Editor's Choice)
This Swan 2 in 1 steam iron features the ability to be used either as a corded iron or a cordless iron depending on your preference. It also comes with a 300ml water tank to support long periods of ironing.
Design-wise the Swan cordless iron features a non-stick ceramic made soleplate with a small nose for ironing in between buttons and other small areas. The iron additionally has a fast heating time and can be re-charged on its 360 degrees base easily.
The models steam iron function comes with various modes that allow you to choose from either; dry, spray, steam burst, and a vertical steam function. There is also a safety feature that will enable you to lock the iron to its base, keeping it ready to use.
Extra features of this iron are its self-cleaning functions and anti-drip/anti-scale function that prevents staining and lime-scale build upon the iron. The corded/cordless irons model additionally comes with a 2-year warranty for better buyer's confidence.
Overall, the 2 in 1 Swan cord/cordless model is one of the best irons on our list due to its versatility to be used with a cord or without.
The iron also has many different functions for steam output and a larger water tank for more extended periods of ironing.
The downfalls of the Swan irons model has to be its heavyweight when used as a corded iron.
- Can be used corded/cordless.
- 300ml water tank.
- Non-stick ceramic soleplate.
- 360-degree base.
- Various steam output modes.
- Two-year warranty.
- Self-cleaning function.
- Heavyweight when used with a cable.
Our Runner Up! - Morphy Richards 303250 Cordless Steam Iron
Morphy Richards is well known in the home appliance industry for producing some reliable products. This cordless steam iron, in particular, features a quick heating time of only 25 seconds and has a powerful 130g steam boost to get rid of creases in clothes.
Significant specifications of this cordless iron are it's 360 degrees charging base and self-cleaning function which comes with an auto-shutoff feature for extra safety protection. The iron with steamer also has a ceramic soleplate that can iron any clothing.
Extra features of this Morphy Richards steam irons model are its adjustable steam and temperature controls plus a three-year warranty for increased buyer's confidence.
Overall, this cordless iron by Morphy Richards is one of the best vertical steam irons on our list. This iron has all the features you need in one model, such as a self-cleaning function and ceramic soleplate. It also has a very quick re-heating time which can make ironing much faster than other models on our list.
Some downfalls of this cordless iron have it be its steam feature which is reported to run out very quickly when ironing. The iron, in general, is also said to lose heat very quickly, which can end up prolonging the time you spend ironing.
- Affordable and reliable model.
- Steam function and quick heating time.
- 360-degree charging base.
- Adjustable temperature and steam controls.
- Self-cleaning function.
- The steam function runs out quickly.
- Loses heat fast after re-charging.
Tefal FV6520G0 Freemove Air Cordless Steam Iron
This Tefal cordless steaming iron comes with 25 seconds of ironing time and can produce up to 25g of steam per minute or 115g of steam output as a boost.
Feature-wise, the Tefal cordless iron has a ceramic soleplate design and a 250ml water tank for continuous ironing with steam. The iron itself can re-charge in just 11 seconds and has an ergonomic horizontal base for easy use.
Additionally, this cordless iron also has an anti-drip function to stop staining plus an anti-scale function to prevent lime-scale build-up in your irons model. The cordless steam iron comes with a two-year guarantee too.
If you are looking for a cordless steam iron that's very lightweight, this Tefal model could be right for you. This best cordless irons model has a high amount of steam output per minute, making it useful for speeding up ironing time and getting creases out of clothes.
Negatives of this Tefal branded irons model have to be its noise and steam output. The model of this cordless iron is reported to beep when in use which can get annoying after pro-longed periods of ironing. The irons steam is also said to be weak.
- Lightweight and cordless.
- Anti-drip and anti-scale functions.
- Quick charging time.
- Two-year guarantee.
- 250ml water tank.
- Noisy beeping when in use.
- The steam output is weak.
Beldray BEL0747NRG 2 in 1 Cordless Steam Iron
This Beldray 2 in 1 cordless steam iron is one of the lowest-priced irons our list. The iron features a large 300ml water tank and can be used with its cable or as a cordless iron.
Some main functions of this model are its steam burst feature and water spray function, which helps to eliminate creases in clothes, the iron also comes with an anti-drip system to stop any staining while ironing.
Design-wise the iron has a ceramic soleplate and a self-cleaning function to prevent lime-scale build-up. Its model also comes with a quick heating time of just 25 seconds and can be re-charged in only 5 seconds. There are adjustable temperature settings included with the model too.
The Beldray cordless iron is excellent for people who want to have the option of using this iron with a cord. Its steam burst feature is also very powerful, and it has a super quick re-charge time for faster ironing sessions.
However, this model is said to have a weak steam output and a short power cord which restricts you when using this iron.
- Very affordable with cord or cordless options.
- Ceramic soleplate.
- Self-cleaning function.
- Large 300ml water tank.
- Steam burst function.
- The short cable which restricts movement when ironing.
- Weak steam function.
Russell Hobbs 23300 Freedom Cordless Iron
This affordable reliably branded Russell Hobbs cordless iron features a high steam output function of either 135g for a steam burst or 40g of continuous steam when ironing.
Significant features of this iron further include a large 300ml water tank, ceramic soleplate and an anti-drip function for avoiding stains on clothes. Initial charging time of this iron is 30 seconds and can be used for 25 seconds continuously until it needs a re-charge. The re-charge time is 5 seconds.
Design-wise the iron has base light indicators to show when the iron is ready to use and has a variable temperature control function for ironing different clothes.
The Russell Hobbs cordless iron boasts a quick re-charge time and has a useful base light indicator for showing when the iron is ready to use. This iron is also significant due to its powerful steam boost and continuous steam function which can help get rid of creases in clothes.
The downfalls of this cordless iron are its design which has been said to leak water onto its base when charging; this can be a safety issue. The base light is also reported to show the iron needs re-charging even after a full 30-second re-charge.
- Cordless with steam boost function.
- Large water tank.
- Ceramic made soleplate.
- Quick re-charge time.
- Leaks water onto the charging base.
- The base light is said to be faulty.
Our Final Judgment - Which Cordless Iron Is The Best?
To conclude, the best cordless iron our list is the Swan 2-in-1 Cord or Cordless Steam Press Iron. This steam iron comes with a variety of functions for steam boost and can even be used with a cord if desired.
Additionally, the iron is also one of the best because of its small nose and 360-degree heating base, which allows for easy and comfortable use when ironing.
As a second alternative, we would also suggest considering the Morphy Richards 303250 Cordless Steam Iron. This iron is one of the best in terms of its steam boost feature and quick charging time. Its cordless design also allows it to be used with an ironing board easily.
What To Look For In a Best Cordless Iron (Buying Guide)
Cordless irons can come with many different functions and features such as various sized water tanks, multiple steam function/steam boost modes, and numerous re-charge times.
It would be best if you familiarise yourself with what you should be looking for in a cordless iron before purchasing your best model.
So, with that being said, we have put together a small buying guide below to help you on your cordless iron hunt -
Best Features To Look For in a Cordless Iron
There are many different features to consider in a best cordless iron, and with so many on the market, it can be challenging to know what's the best and whats not.
We have listed out the top features to consider in a best cordless iron below -
- Water capacity - The amount of water your iron can hold is essential as it determines how quickly you will be re-filling it when ironing, a larger capacity means a longer ironing time.
- Power - Higher powered models tend to be able to heal quicker. However, they are often more expensive, so it depends if a faster heating time matters to you when ironing.
- Steam output - You should look for a cordless iron with a higher output of steam, its gram measurements output per minute can usually determine this. Steam boost options will help get rid of stubborn creases while a continuous steam function can help you cut down your ironing time.
- Weight - You should look for a model of a medium weight, something too heavy will be tiring to use, and something too light will mean you have to use extra pressure when ironing.
- Soleplate - Most commonly best cordless irons are made out of ceramic material; however, some are also made from a stainless steel soleplate.
- Charging time - You should avoid cordless irons that have a long re-charging time, this will slow down your overall ironing time.
- 2 in 1 option - Some of the best cordless irons have a 2 in 1 option which allows you to choose to use the iron with or without its cord, this can be useful if you want to have the chance of having power consistently when ironing.
- Anti-drip functions - This feature is especially important to avoid staining your clothes when ironing.
- Warranty - As with every electrical appliance, your cordless irons should come with at least a one-year warranty. This means you are covered in case of a faulty iron.
What's The Difference Between Cordless Irons & Corded Irons?
Both cordless and corded irons operate the same and are used with an ironing board; however, one model uses a cord and the other without.
We have listed out the pros and cons of each type of iron below -
- Gives more freedom - Due to there being no cable when ironing, this stops the cable from getting in the way.
- More comfortable to iron with - The better movement allows you to iron clothes quickly and easily.
- Lightweight - Cordless models tend to be pretty lightweight which stops you from getting tired when ironing.
- Some can lack heat - Due to the cordless design, these models tend to struggle retaining heat, they also lack in power compared to corded models.
- Charging base needed - You still need to plug your iron into your charging base for power.
- High heat - As this iron is continuously plugged in, this means it will stay hot all the time and not lose heat when ironing.
- Better steam output - Corded irons tend to produce more grams of steam per minute than cordless models.
- More choice - Due to corded irons being around for a long time, there is much more choice on the market.
- The cord can slow you down - Constantly moving your irons cable out the way can not only be annoying but slow you down when ironing.
- Difficult to store - Corded models are bulky, so you need to consider where you would keep your iron.
- Can be heavier -These models tend to be heavier due to the added weight of the cord.
How long can a cordless iron keep the heat for?
This depends on your model, but most irons can operate for around 30 seconds before needing to be re-charged.
How long will it take to heat my cordless iron?
Once again, this depends on your iron, but for a re-charge, it shouldn't take more than ten seconds, to heat your iron initially; however, it might take longer.
Why should I buy a cordless iron?
They enable you to have more freedom when ironing and stop you from having to move a cord out the way all the time.
How do I know when my cordless iron is ready to use?
Most charging bases should come with an indicator to show you when your iron either needs charging or is ready to use.
How many grams of steam should my iron produce per minute?
You steam iron should produce at least 50 grams of steam per minute on continuous mode and around 120 grams on a boost function. The higher the steam output, the higher the price will go too.
What type of soleplate is the best?
Ceramic material tends to be the most robust and best non-stick material to look for on an iron. However, you can also find irons with a stainless steel soleplate.
How can I maintain my iron?
Clean your iron regularly and empty any left water after every use. You can also clean the soleplate with vinegar to get off any dirt or residue left on the irons plate.
What should I use to remove burnt marks from my irons plate?
You can scrub you irons plate once cooled with a mixture of baking soda, water, and vinegar. You also try using toothpaste to take off very burnt areas on the plate of your iron.
Our #1 Cordless Iron Recommendation
The top cordless iron on our list is the Swan 2-in-1 Cord or Cordless Steam Press Iron. We rate this model highly due to its high output of steam and 2 in1 versatility which allows you to use the iron with a cord or without.
As an alternative, we also suggest checking out the Morphy Richards 303250 Cordless Steam Iron. The model of this iron is also great due to its durable design and quick charging time which allows ironing to be faster than other models