The Best Sound Bars For Gaming - PS5, Xbox One ConsolesContents1 The Best Sound Bars For Gaming - PS5, Xbox One Consoles1.1 Our Top Gaming Soundbar -1.2 The Creative Sound BlasterX Katana Multi-Channel Gaming Soundbar (Editor's Pick!)1.3 Which Is The Best Soundbar For Gaming? Short On Time? Our Recommended The Best Sound Bars For Gaming […]
The Best Electric Fireplace Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1 The Best Electric Fireplace Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Top Electric Fireplace (2020 Updated) -
- 1.2 The Warmlite Glasgow Fireplace - (Editor's Choice)
- 1.3 Our Runner Up! - Quest 44220 Cast Iron Stove Fireplace
- 1.4 Warmlite Canterbury Electric Fireplace Suite
- 1.5 HOMCOM Electric Fireplace LED Light
- 1.6 NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater
- 1.7 Our Final Judgement - Which Is The Best Electric Fireplace?
- 1.8 What To Look For In An Electric Fireplace? (Buying Guide)
- 1.9 Features To Look For In An Electric Fireplace
- 1.10 Types Of Electric Fireplaces
- 1.11 Benefits Of Having An Electric Fireplace
- 1.12 Electric Fireplaces VS Real Fireplaces
Looking for the best electric fireplace can be an overwhelming task. Having a fireplace in your home is a great additional feature that can give off a cosy atmosphere in your living room.
Electric fireplaces, in particular, are not only the best for being versatile in their style, but they are also very convenient and allow you to have a traditional looking fireplace with no chimney required.
Whether you choose to go for electric fireplaces inserts in your existing fireplace, a wall-mounted model or a realistic-looking built-in fireplace, there's a great range of fireplaces out there to spice up your homes look.
However, with all the electric fireplaces on the market to choose from, it can be challenging to decide which electric fire would look and work the best in your home.
So that being said, we have rounded up the best electric fireplace models on the market and compared them to help find the right fireplace for your home.
The Product Below May Be Currently Unavailable,
Our recommended alternative is The Warmlite WL45033N Hingham Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace!
- 2 HEAT SETTINGS: With a choice of two high performance heat settings, 1000W and 2000W, you’ll feel the intense warmth in moments, rapidly heating up homes to keep you feeling cosy throughout colder weathers and seasons
- REALISTIC LED FLAME EFFECT: Feel relaxed and calm after a busy day by admiring the realistic essence of the LED flame effect. All the benefits of a real fire without the mess! Use the flame effect independently
- ADJUSATBLE THERMOSTAT: Providing a maximum temperature of 120°C, find the most comfortable temperature for the climate. Simply use the adjustable temperature dual to find the perfect setting
- ADJUSATBLE FLAME BRIGHTNESS: Amend the brightness to cater to the mood or occasion, you can adjust the intensity of the flame brightness at the push of a button whether uts a subtle glow or a bright intensity
- SAFE & SECURE: With built-in overheat protection; this unit will instantly switch off once it becomes too hot, suitable for use around children and pets
Our Top Electric Fireplace (2020 Updated) -
The Warmlite Glasgow Fireplace - (Editor's Choice)
If you are looking for a more stylish curved fireplace with a mid-range price, it's worth taking a look at this best Warmlite Glasgow model. This model comes with adjustable heat settings of 1000W and 2000W and has a flexible LED flame with four primary colours and six mixed colours to give a mood lighting effect.
The design of this wall mounted electric fireplace boats a curved glass panel for a contemporary feel. It can be customised via remote control depending on the brightness and colours you want. This LED display can be used without heat and comes with a pebble display to help give the appearance of a real fire.
Other features of this Glasgow curved electric fireplace are its safety cut off feature and it comes with a one year guarantee for buying confidence.
A very stylish wall mounted electric fireplace with lots of flexible features for lighting and colour, this model differs to other electric fires due to its variety of colours that can be used to create different ambiences in your living room. The curved design of this electric fires model also can become an aesthetically pleasing feature of your home.
Despite these pros, this Warmlite fires model does have its disadvantages; its glass panel is hefty, which means it can be challenging to install, its curved feature also means it cannot be used free-standing.
- Stylish curved wall-mounted design.
- Safety cut off and a one-year guarantee.
- Adjustable heat settings with different lighting to choose from.
- Can be used via remote control.
- The heavyweight glass panel can be challenging to install.
- Can't be used freestanding.
The Product Below May Be Currently Unavailable,
Our recommended alternative is The NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater with Log Wood Burner Effect!
- CLASSICAL DESIGN: This 1750W - 1950W NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater is a classic-looking, free-standing stove heater. Made from lightweight plastic to aid portability, this cast iron-effect stove heater will give your home the finishing touch you have been waiting for.
- REALISTIC FLAME EFFECT: This stove heater is equipped with an elegant flame effect where you can barely notice the difference from a real flame.
- POWERFUL AND ECO-FRIENDLY: With two different heat settings to choose from, you can choose whether you want something to help keep your energy bills low or whether you want a powerful blast of heat. With the choice between 1000W and 1950W, you're sure to find the perfect setting for your needs.
- SAFETY FIRST: This product comes with a built-in thermal cut-off device. NETTA always put customer safety first and add all the features we can to our products to ensure maximum safety is carried out.
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 37.5cm x 23cm x 51cm | WEIGHT:5.5KG | A 365-day warranty is included with this product.
Our Runner Up! - Quest 44220 Cast Iron Stove Fireplace
The Quest stove heater is different from other electric fires on our list due to its freestanding design and stove look. This electric fire comes with two heat settings and a cool breeze option which means you can use this stove with no heat.
Design-wise this best electric stove model has LED lighting that can be used with heat or without, it also requires no assembly and has a safety cut out switch to prevent any overheating.
This Quest vintage stove model is unique and will give a rustic feel to any room. Its electric fire can heat and provide ambience without it having to be a real fire.
However, this Quest model does lack lighting options and has been said to be very noisy when using heat from its fan.
- Vintage cast iron electric stove look.
- Adjustable heat settings and flame effect.
- Easy to install and can be used freestanding.
- Safety cut out switch.
- Lack of flame effect options and is noisy when the fan heater is in use.
- The freestanding design may take up more room in your home.
Warmlite Canterbury Electric Fireplace Suite
The best Warmlite Canterbury electric fireplace comes as a stand-alone model and has two heat settings of either 1000W/2000W which can be adjusted easily via a switch. This model just needs to be plugged in and requires no assembly.
Design-wise the Warmlite model has a realistic modern electric LED flame; the look of this flame can be adjusted depending on what you want. This model also features a safety cut out system improving its overall safety.
Other features worth noting are its pebbles that comes as an accessory which can help you style your fireplace, it also comes with a one year guarantee for buying confidence.
Overall this is a modern and reliable electric fireplace which can be wall-mounted easily and act as a real fire due to its heat output and flame effect options. Its also very highly rated and can be used to enhance your living rooms look with its stylish pebbles.
Downfalls of the Warmlite electric fireplace has to be its price which is a little high when compared to other models on our list. This fireplace is also quite heavy, so once installed, wouldn't be able to move easily.
- It is highly rated with a modern effect for your living room.
- Adjustable heat settings and fire effect.
- Safety cut out system.
- Easy assembly with warranty.
- Heavyweight means less practical to move about.
HOMCOM Electric Fireplace LED Light
This HOMCOM electric fireplace is very affordable and comes with two heat settings of; 1000W/2000W. It can heat a room of up to 30 M2 like a traditional fireplace, and be either wall-mounted or freestanding depending on your place.
Some other features of this HOMCOM model are its realistic flame look due to the LEDs; this paired with its coal makes your room look like it has a traditional fireplace. This model also has security cut off to improve its safety.
Unlike some other electric fires, this HOMCOM model can be very energy efficient to run. Its lightweight also enables you to move electric fire wherever you want.
A very affordable traditional looking fireplace with an adjustable flame effect and heat output for you home, this HOMCOM model, in particular, is very easy to install thanks to its lightweight and stops your device from overheating due to its safety cut off.
Still, this model does have some cons, such as its flame effect, which has been said to be faulty after extended periods of use. This fireplace may also not be as a realistic-looking as others.
- Adjustable flame effect and heat output.
- Lightweight and easy to install.
- Safety features stop overheating.
- Coal makes it look more aesthetic.
- Might not be as lifelike as other electric fires on our list.
- LED light has been said to become faulty after long term use.
NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater
Now, if you want a vintage electric stove fireplace for an affordable price this best Netta electric fireplace may be for you. This fire has heat settings to choose from and looks like a lifelike fire due to its high-quality flame effect.
The Netta electric stove fireplace also comes with an adjustable thermostat so you can set your required temperature of the room, its safety feature will cut the heat once this temperature is reached.
For buyer confidence, this model also comes with a one year warranty.
One of the best affordable electric fireplaces on our list; with thermostat options and a realistic flame effect, unlike other fake fireplaces it also is very lightweight, which means you can change its position in any room easily.
On the other hand, this NETTA electric fire does lack when it comes to its build-quality, which is made mostly from plastic, this is said to give the electric fire a cheap look. The flame effect is also not adjustable.
- Vintage look with freestanding design.
- Adjustable thermostat and two heat settings.
- Safety cut off feature.
- Lightweight means easy to move.
- Straightforward installation.
- Lower price means poor quality appearance.
- The flame effect is not adjustable.
- Freestanding fire can take up more room in your home.
Our Final Judgement - Which Is The Best Electric Fireplace?
To conclude, the best electric fireplace has to be the Warmlite Glasgow curved glass wall mounted fireplace. This model has high-quality features such as its flexible mood light and remote control. The fire also boasts a modern and realistic flame due to its curved glass design.
As a more affordable alternative, we would recommend the best Quest 44220 cast iron stove fireplace due to its vintage style and adjustable heat control. This model can also be used freestanding rather than wall-mounted.
What To Look For In An Electric Fireplace? (Buying Guide)
Now we have compared and looked at the best electric fires; you should have a look at what features are necessary for a model before investing in your product.
We have put together buyers guide below to help you out with your decision.
Features To Look For In An Electric Fireplace
Electric fireplaces can come with many different features such as; thermostat control, light adjustability and other heat settings.
The wattage of your model will determine how well your fireplace can heat in terms of square feet, so this is something to consider.
With that being said, we have gone into more detail below so as you can see which features you should be looking out for when buying your best fireplace -
- Heat settings - First thing first, if you want an electric fireplace that can heat your living room you should make sure it has different heating settings, this will be more valued on colder winter nights.
- Adjustable lighting - The best electric fireplace models come with adjustable LED lighting. This allows you to choose different flame effects and brightness; on some models; you can even select the colour of your lights.
- Remote control - Being able to remote control your fireplace from a distance in your room is a convenient feature which stops you having to adjust its settings up close manually.
- Size - This is one of the essential components to consider. You should already decide where you will install your fireplace in your home before you buy it. If it's going to be wall-mounted, make sure there's enough space, for freestanding models, make sure it doesn't take up too much room in your home as these models tend to be bulkier.
- Safety features -Make sure your electric fireplace has a safety cut off feature that will automatically shut down the fireplace if it starts to overheat.
- Watts - Ten watts tend to be equal to one square foot, this will relate to how much square feet of your room your electric fireplace will be able to heat. So keeping this in mind, for larger rooms you should get an electric fire with a higher wattage.
- Thermostat - Having a thermostat feature on your electric fireplace is handy if you want to keep your room at a specific temperature.
- Authenticity - Read the reviews and make sure your fireplace is lifelike; there's nothing worse than buying a fireplace that looks fake.
Types Of Electric Fireplaces
There are many different types of electric fireplaces on the market, from wall mounted to free-standing, most of these fireplaces perform the same however will fit into your home in different ways.
That being said, let's take a look at the most popular kinds of electric fireplaces on the market and see which one is suitable for your home -
Having your electric fireplace wall mounted is one of the most popular ways to add a fireplace feature into your home, this can be built into your wall or placed against it depending on the installation method. Most of the units can just be plugged in.
- Saves space in your room.
- Becomes a nice feature.
- Can be placed anywhere you want.
- Can't be moved around once installed.
- Can be expensive.
Electric fireplace insert
Using an insert for electric fireplace can add life to your old unused fireplace. These models can be plugged in or hardwired and can even come in a log insert style.
This allows you to heat your home without having to use a traditional fire method with ash and wood.
- Look very realistic.
- Easy to install.
- Allows you to use your existing fireplace without having to wood-burn.
- Only would look realistic in an old fireplace.
- May not heat as many square feet as other models.
Freestanding or stand-alone fireplace models are trendy and can be added into any room for warmth and style. These models are also portable and can be plugged in quickly requiring no installation.
Stand-alone electric fire models can also be brought as an electric stove which can add a vintage look to your home.
- Can be added to any room with no installation.
- Can be brought in many different styles.
- Takes up alot of space.
- You need to have a large corner of your room empty.
Built-in electric fireplaces are the best fireplace options if you have a small room or limited space, this allows you to integrate your fireplace into a wall in your room, making it blend seamlessly into you home with other decors.
- Blends in with the rest of your house.
- Saves space.
- Needs wiring and complicated installation.
- Not portable.
- Can be expensive to install.
Benefits Of Having An Electric Fireplace
Electric fireplaces are great alternates to gas and wood fires due to their easy installation and convenience. There are also several other benefits, such as better safety and lack of fumes.
We have listed out the main benefits of investing in an electric fireplace below -
- Easy installation - Standalone and fireplace electric insert models are super easy to install as long as it's near a socket, no knocking through walls like you would have to do with a real fireplace.
- Low maintenance - Electric fireplaces are very low maintenance as you just have to switch them on, no taking time to light the fire or getting your chimney cleaned.
- Can help cut heating bills - Surprisingly, these electric fire models can save you money by heating the room you are in rather than heating the whole house, these models can cost less to run than central heating systems.
- No fumes - Due to electric fireplaces using no gas or wood, this means you don't have to worry about dangerous smoke or gas entering your home.
- No mess - Wood burning fire can create alot of ash and soot, and electric fires make no mess which means less cleaning.
- Improved safety - Electric fires don't get hot quickly the way traditional do; they also come with a safety cut off feature to avoid overheating incidents.
- Can be used without heat - You can use your electric fireplace as a light feature without heat.
Electric Fireplaces VS Real Fireplaces
We all know now electric fireplaces can have alot of benefits when compared to gas and wood fireplaces, however, how do they match up to each other in terms of heat and practicality?
Lets compared the three below and see the advantages and disadvantages of each kind of fireplace for your home -
Gas fires for your household are an affordable and effective way to heat your home by avoiding electricity and mess caused by wood burning. They often look very realistic and are a great alternative to using a wood-burning fire.
- More affordable than buying wood or using electricity.
- Heats more square feet of you home than an electric fireplace insert or other models.
- Give a more natural appearance and can blend into homes better.
- Eco friendly with high efficiency.
- No need to build a fire.
- Needs to be professionally installed and serviced every year.
- A carbon monoxide detector is required to prevent gas leaks.
- Chimney will need to be cleaned.
- Can only be installed in certain places.
As I'm sure you know by now, electric fires are great for people who aren't interested in buying and maintaining a real fire but want that heat and comfort. They also come in many different styles.
- No mess with low maintenance.
- Can be installed anywhere with a plug or use an insert in an existing model.
- Control is easy via remote control.
- Could be used as a light feature with no heat.
- Easy to install.
- Expensive to maintain compared to wood and gas.
- Less lifelike.
- Cannot heat as well as other types.
Wood burning stoves are the realist kind of fire set up you can get within your home, they are great at emitting heat and can give an authentic, cosy vibe in your home.
- Real fire with real flames.
- Low cost.
- High heating efficiency.
- Needs lots of reserve fuel such as logs to keep it burning.
- Requires alot of maintenance and cleaning.
- Attention is needed to start the fire initially and keep it going.
- Installation and stove are expensive.
- Can harm air quality.
Are electric fires expensive to run?
Electric fireplaces may be more expensive to run when looked at compared to gas and wood. Still, in reality, these fireplaces are not due to them being 100% energy efficient, meaning all the heat goes directly into your home, and none is wasted.
What's the best kind of electric fireplace for a small room?
Any electric fireplace will be able to heat a small room efficiently. You can find some mini electric stoves on the market if you don't want a big and expensive model.
If you are worried, it will emit too much heat for your room, choose a fireplace with lower wattage or set a thermostat to keep it at a temperature you are comfortable in.
Can I only use my electric fireplace during winter?
No, you can use your electric fireplace all year round, which is a considerable advantage compared to gas and wood stoves. You can use your fireplace with light only for ambience if desired.
How much wattage do I need to heat a 400 square feet room?
Most electric fireplaces can heat a 400 square feet room, to be sure you should choose a model that has a high power of wattage as the higher the wattage, the more likely it can heat a whole 400 square measurement.
Are electric fireplaces safe?
Significantly, these models emit no harmful fumes and don't use fuel. They also come with safety features to prevent overheating.
Do electric fires look real?
This depends on the model you buy, cheaper models will often have a less realistic flame, and expensive models will be much more lifelike.
Can they give different heat options?
Yes, the best electric fires will come with two heating settings allowing you to warm rooms quickly at the temperature you desire. Some also come with a thermostat setting.
Do electric fireplaces require maintenance?
No, that's one of the best features about them, they require no maintenance to keep them running, unlike gas and wood burners. Now and then, however, it can be a good idea to clean the fan and wipe down the exterior.
Our #1 Electric Fireplace Choice
Overall, with all the different electric fireplaces out there on the market, it can be hard to find a reliable and realistic looking fireplace within your budget.
So our number one best electrical fireplace choice has to be the Warmlite Glasgow curved glass wall mounted fireplace due to its fair price, high ratings and great adjustability.
This model also can be adjusted via remote control and has over seven different lighting options to choose from, making it the best electric fireplace on our list.
- 2 HEAT SETTINGS: With a choice of two heat settings; 1000W and 2000W, you can find the appropriated power best suited for the climate. Each setting is high powered and will heat up homes rapidly
- REALISTIC LED FLAME EFFECT: Feel relaxed and calm after a busy day by admiring the realistic essence of the LED flame effect. All the benefits of a real fire without the mess! Use the flame effect independently when heat isn’t required
- ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT: Providing a maximum temperature of 140°C, find the most comfortable temperature to suit the climate. Simply adjust the settings with the push button controls
- SAFE & SECURE: With built-in overheat protection; this unit will automatically turn off once it becomes too hot. Suitable for use around children and pets
- EASY TO USE: Granting you complete control, you can easily amend the settings using the manual switches. Finding your desired temperature and flame brightness to suit you is easy