Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Electric Frying Pans & Cooker Is The Heska!
- Easy to Clean – The Heska Multi Cookers feature premium non-stick coating.
- Versatility and Functionality - The Heska Multi Cookers allow you to roast, fry, stew, boil, sauté, and even bake your food!
- Healthier Alternative – Little to no oil is required due to the non-stick coating, meaning healthier meals for the whole family.
- See your Progress – Features a glass lid to see the status of your meal, allowing you to know exactly when it is cooked.
- Student Friendly – No need to argue over hob space, any meal can be easily prepared with the Heska Multi Cookers. Control in your Hands – Fully detachable thermostat module, allowing you to cook your food to your taste.
Choosing an Electric Frying Pan UK and the Benefits
Electric frying pans are not new technology, that’s for sure. They have been around for quite some time now and are especially popular for those who enjoy camping and traveling. If you have yet to use an electric skillet pan, then you may be finding yourself wondering about the different benefits that they are able to offer. Here are a couple of examples to give you a better idea.
- Perfect for Traveling – If you are a camper van owner, then it is likely that you do a lot of traveling around the country. Because of this, you will probably find that you have to be quite inventive with your cooking methods as your options will be limited. Out of all of the electric skillet uses one of the things that you will definitely find is that they are perfect for cooking on the move.
- Versatile – Another great thing about electric frying pans is that they are very versatile. If you go for a mid-range to high-end model, then you will often find that it can be used as a multi-cooker meaning that you can use it for all sorts of different cooking methods. Again, this is great if you are traveling and you want to keep your cooking from getting boring.
- Temperature Control – Although you can control the temperature of a standard frying pan to a certain extent, getting the exact temperature can be difficult, especially if you only have a basic cooker. You will usually be limited to a low, medium or high heat. With an electric frying pan, you can often control the temperature down to the degree allowing for much accurate cooking.
- They Tend to Be Very Durable – With a standard frying pan, you will usually find that the non-stick coating wears off quite quickly which can be annoying and it tends to mean that the pan will need replacing rather soon. One thing that you will often find with electric frying pans is that they tend to be far more durable.
Now that you have seen some of the ways in which you can benefit from buying an electric frying pan, you are probably wondering how you can make sure that you have bought the best model. In order to help you, we have tested and reviewed our top three models on the market at the moment to give you a better idea of what to expect from each of them. Read below to find out more information.
3. Heska - Round Cooking Electric Pan
We hadn’t heard of the brand Heska before, so we weren’t really sure quite what to expect from this particular model. However, we have to say that after testing it we were really quite pleased with the results, especially considering it is a budget model.
- Easy to clean.
- Offers lots of versatility.
- Easy to use.
- Very affordable.
- Non-stick coating could be better.
- 30cm Diameter
- 5cm Deep
- Wooden Spatula
The first thing that we really liked about this particular electric frying pan is the fact that it doesn’t take up much space at all. In terms of design it is compact, stylish and even has a clear lid so that you can easily view the progress of the food that you are cooking.
Made from high quality aluminium, it feels very durable. On the side of the pan itself you see a round dial which actually allows you to control the thermostat to five different settings. Operating the electric frying pan itself couldn’t be simpler. We really liked the fact that there are so many different cooking options to choose from.
We tried cooking a few different things to test out the non-stick coating. What we liked about it is that whilst you do need to use a little oil, it is far less than what you would typically use because of the coating. However, we did find that after a few uses the food did start to stick slightly.
With that said, it is important to keep in mind that this is a budget range model, so you definitely get what you pay for. However, it does offer fantastic value for money and would be perfect for camping where you have access to electricity.
2. VonShef 1500W Square Multi Cooker
VonShef are a very well-known and reputable brand, when it comes to kitchen appliances, so we were eager to test out this electric frying pan and multi-cooker. We were quite impressed with the results, which is why this one takes the number 2 spot in our top three.
- Very affordable.
- Great for cooking a variety of dishes.
- Good non-stick coating.
- Easy temperature control.
- Surface scratches quite easily.
- 30cm Diameter
- 5cm Deep
We were really impressed with the style and design of this particular electric multi cooker. The square design is totally different to other models on the market. It looks sleek and modern whilst remaining compact. With a diameter of 30cm and a depth of 5cm, there is more than enough room to cook for several people at once.
Again, we were really impressed with the sheer amount of cooking options offered with this electric multi cooker. We did a quick search for some electric multi cooker recipes online to see what we could come up with. We first decided to brown some meat.
We were able to control the temperature quite precisely with the dial on the appliance and found it was very effective and browning and sealing meat; even large steaks browned really nicely. The only thing that we will say is that the coating of the cooker scratches quite easily, so it is definitely best to use wooden utensils to avoid this from happening too frequently.
It has a clear lid so you can see the progress of your meal, an accurate temperature dial and an effective non-stick coating. Considering this, again, is a budget model, we were very impressed with the results and would certainly recommend it.
1. Andrew James Multi Camping Cooker
Andrew James is one of the biggest names in kitchen appliance manufacturers in the UK and they are incredibly popular. As we were well aware of this, we were definitely expecting good things from this electric multi cooker and due to the fact that it has topped our list, it is safe to say that we were not disappointed.
- Big diameter for cooking larger meals.
- Cool touch handles so no risk of burning yourself when dishing up.
- Detachable power cord so the pan can be placed at the table.
- 10cm depth for bigger meals.
- None that we could find.
- 43cm Diameter
- 10cm Depth
The first thing that struck us with this multi cooker is the sheer size of it. At 42cm in diameter, it is considerably bigger than the others that we tried. We were slightly concerned that the lack of compatibility would affect our review, but this was not the case. We actually found the bigger diameter and depth was a plus point.
We could easily cook a large meal for several people with no problems at all. One of the features that we really liked with this particular model is the detachable power cord. We found this perfect for entertaining as you are able to move the pan to the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves which is a great feature.
As with the other cookers that we tested, this one has a simple to use temperature dial which allows you tochoose from five different settings. We found it highly effective at all cooking methods and didn’t run into any problems at all. Another thing that we were impressed with was the cool touch handles, making the entire pan easy to transport to the table without having to protect your hands.
You can expect to pay slightly more money for this particular model, but it is not a big difference and the extra money is definitely worth it. This is why this Andrew James Multi Cooker is our top choice.
Hopefully, you now have a better idea of which one is right for you and can benefit you the most.