The Best Electric Log Burner Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1 The Best Electric Log Burner Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Top Electric Log Burner -
- 1.2 The Dimplex GOSFORD Opti-Myst Electric Fire (Editor's Choice)
- 1.3 Our Verdict - Which Electrical Log Burner Is The Best?
- 1.4 What To Look For In The Top Electric Wood Burner? (Our Buying Guide)
- 1.5 Best Features To Consider In an Electrical Log Burner
- 1.6 What Are The Benefits Of Choosing an Electrical Log Burner?
- 1.7 Electric Log Burners VS Gas Log Burners VS Real Log Burners
- 1.8 Safety Tips For Using an Electric Wood Burner
- 1.9 FAQs
- 1.10 Our #1 Electrical Wood Burner For Keeping You Warm
Electric log burners are a great way to heat your room with a peace of mind, not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but allow you to relax and warm up on a winters evening without the risk of a fire or any hassle of wood burning.
By choosing an electric log burner for your living room, you also get more control over your heat settings, unlike a real fire.
Most of these models also have a realistic flame effect to make it look like a real fire.
Now you know how convenient these electric log burners are, it's no surprise there's so many on the market to choose from; ranging in heat settings, design and size.
So with that being said, we have taken it into to our own hands to help you decide by rounding up the top electric log burner models on the market and comparing them to find the best electric fire for your home.
Our Top Electric Log Burner -
The Dimplex GOSFORD Opti-Myst Electric Fire (Editor's Choice)
The Dimplex 2000W electric log burner comes with an electric stove and has a realistic flame and smoke effect for the stove fire.
Feature-wise the electric log burner comes with a cast iron finished design and an opening door, it additionally has a thermostat and two heat settings to choose from. These settings can be controlled via remote control.
This log burners electric design can also be used with no heat as a standalone LED flame.
Overall, the log burner electric model by Dimplex is one of the best models on our list due to its realistic flame effect and smoke function, which makes the overall fire much more life-like.
Its adjustable thermostat and remote control also make the fires model easy to use.
Downfalls of the electric log burner have to be its design. The fan heater is said to be very visible and noisy, which can ruin the realistic flame. The fire is also reported to be overpriced for the build-quality.
- Life-like wood-burning electric stove design.
- Steam and adjustable thermostat.
- Two heat settings included.
- Can be controlled via remote control.
- Very expensive.
- Fan heater ruins life-like design due to visibility and noise.
Our Affordable Alternative! - NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater
The Netta electric stove fireplace is one of the most affordable wood-burning fires on our list. Its model comes with a 2000W power and two heat settings to use from when heating your room.
Design-wise it features a life-like iron stove design and is made from lightweight plastic. There is a LED flame effect included too.
Its model additionally has an adjustable thermostat and thermal cut off safety feature too. Measurements of the electric model come in at 51cm X 37.5cm X 23cm.
There is a warranty included with the electric stove for buyers confidence.
Overall, if your on a tight budget and want a heat source for your living room this Netta fire stove is a great option.
The model has two heat settings to save energy and is especially significant if you are looking for a wood burner design rather than just a flame effect.
Some negatives of the electric model are its noisy fan and lack of remote control, meaning you will have to go and set the heat manually on your fire every time.
- Low priced with electric stove design.
- Wood burner light and flame.
- Two heat settings with a thermostat.
- Noisy fan.
- Lack of remote control.
Warmlite Bath Log Effect Electric Stove Fire
If you are looking for an electric fire stove on a budget, this Warmlite model could be worth considering.
The log burner features 1800W power and an adjustable thermostat for controlling your fires heat setting. Its adjustable flame and LED log effect is featured in its 180-degree window.
This free-standing design can also be used without heat for ambience and comes with measurements of 58.5 x 55.9 x 28 cm.
Safety-wise the electric fireplace has overheat protection and a thermal cut off system. This electric stove also comes with a 2-year warranty if registered online.
The affordable Warmlite electric fires model is an excellent option for a budget free-standing electrical fire to heat your room and to add ambience.
Its wood burner model also comes with superb safety features for peace of mind when leaving the fire on.
Negatives of this electric fire have to be its design which is said to look a little fake. The fireplace is also reported to be noisy when heating a room.
- Very affordable with real flame effect.
- Excellent safety features for peace of mind.
- Small size fits into any room seamlessly.
- Two-year warranty.
- The 180-degree window for LED flame viewing.
- Design doors are said to look fake.
- Noisy when heating.
Warmlite Elmswell Electric Curved Contemporary Freestanding Stove Fire
This stove electric curved model by Warmlite features two heat settings ranging from 1000W-2000W and has thermostat control.
The electric stove additionally comes with a realistic flame effect, and a safety cut off thermal function, combined with a black cast iron design.
Measurements of the electric fireplace come in at 64.50 cm x 41 cm x 41 cm, and it has a 2-year warranty if you register the electric stove online.
This best electric curved fire by Warmlite is one of the most modern designed electric stoves on our list which would fit nicely into any contemporary styled living room.
Its heat output is strong and adjustable, allowing you to heat your room just like an authentic fire. Its LED flame effect and log light can additionally be used all year round without a heat output.
Downfalls of the electric fireplace have to be its logs which aren't that visible. The model also has been reported to arrive faulty to alot of customers.
- Two heat settings with an adjustable thermostat.
- Realistic LED flame effect.
- Cast iron stove design.
- Has a 2-year warranty if registered online.
- Logs are not visible.
- Arrived faulty to numerous customers.
Warmlite Stirling Electric Stove Fire
The electric stove burner by Warmlite is very affordable and features a 2000W power to heat your room with two heat settings included.
Main features of the model include and a thermostat with a brightness adjustment for its wood burner flame effect. It also has a thermal safety cut off system.
The design of this electric model has a cast iron look like a real stove and can be used free-standing. It also has a 2-year warranty once registered online.
This is a very stylish and affordable model from Warmlite. It's strong 2000W two heat settings can heat your living room efficiently and allow you to experience a realistic flame effect for a small price.
Negatives of this electric stove by Warmlite are its design which is said to come faulty and break easily by numerous customers, the fireplace itself is also said to be too small.
- 2000W power with two heat settings.
- Wood burner flame effect.
- Brightness adjustment.
- 2- year warranty when registered.
- The model is said to break easily and come with missing features.
- The size of the stove is tiny.
Our Verdict - Which Electrical Log Burner Is The Best?
To conclude, the top electric wood burner model on our list has to be the Dimplex GOSFORD Opti-Myst Electric Fire. This electric fires model may be costly but is one of the most realistic looking fires on our list.
Its model additionally has a high heat power and a smoke effect to make your living room even cosier. This Dimplex electric stove can also be controlled via a remote unlike other fires on our list.
However, if this model is too expensive for your budget, our best affordable suggestion would be the NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater, this is due to its variable heat settings and log flame design.
What To Look For In The Top Electric Wood Burner? (Our Buying Guide)
The best electric wood burners differ in design, prices and power, so it can be a little challenging to figure out what best features are essential and which ones aren't.
There are also some benefits of using a best electric stove that you may not have considered, or you might be sitting on the fence and wondering if you should go for a real wood burner or gas stove instead.
Well, don't worry, we've put together an extensive best buying guide below to help you out with your best electrical log burner hunt.
Best Features To Consider In an Electrical Log Burner
When looking at the best electric stove, everyone wants the model to be as realistic as possible and warm your room efficiently.
There's a couple of essential features that you should be considering, such as the flame effect and heat settings of the model.
So we've listed out the best key features below to help you out -
- Power - The power of your electrical stove will determine how well it can warm a space, a 2000W power is more than enough for most average-sized living rooms. If you have a smaller room you need heating, then you can consider going down to 1500W.
- Design - This is the essential feature to consider, you need to make sure your electrical fireplace has the design you want and is the right size; most cheap models come plastic. Still, they have a cast iron look, make sure this realistic before purchasing.
- Heat settings - Most models come with two temperature settings to choose from, this can be great when you want less heat and can save you energy rather than having the fire on full heat all the time.
- Adjustability - A thermostat that you can adjust is very important, this will allow you to keep your room at a specific temperature without the fire having to be on always.
- Flame effect - The flame effect of your fire has to be life-like; if you are looking for a log flame included make sure this is also realistic. On some models, you can even adjust the brightness of this light and use it all year round without heat.
- Extra acessories - A remote control and opening doors are some among the acessories and additional features you can consider on your fireplace.
- Warranty - Having a warranty with your electrical stove is super essential in case your model arrives faulty.
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing an Electrical Log Burner?
Using the best electric wood burner in your home has many benefits, such as ease of installation and ability to be used with no heat as a source of light.
We've listed some more benefits below -
- Instant warmth - You don't have to wait for your electric stove to get hot, these fireplaces will start heating your room instantly.
- Ease of installation - An electrical wood burner doesn't need any installation such as a chimney, all they need is a place to be set-up and an electricity plug.
- Safe - As these models use light instead of fire, that means they are safe to be left alone, this is great, especially if you have children or pets.
- Versatile designs - These wood burners come in various designs and styles with some even being wall-mounted, allowing you to have complete freedom about how you want your fire to look.
- No mess - You don't have to clean any ash from burning real logs making the model nice and tidy to use.
- Can be used all year round - One of the most significant benefits of these electrical models is the fact that they can be used for ambience with no heat.
Electric Log Burners VS Gas Log Burners VS Real Log Burners
You might be wondering if you should really buy an electrical model or just go for it and get the real deal fitted into your home?
Well, each kind of fire has its advantages and disadvantages, so we've listed out each model below with their pros and cons to help you decide what type of fireplace you want.
Electric Log Burners
Electrical wood burners are the best kind of model for minimal maintenance and people on a budget, they are great to use around children and can be adjusted via a thermostat, allowing you to warm your room to the specific kind of temperature you like.
When compared to gas and real fires however they do lack heat output and are not as natural-looking in comparison.
- No clean up due to no ash or soot from burning.
- Safe to use when compared to real fires.
- Much more flexible on where you can place them with some even having the option to be wall mounted with no complicated installation.
- Cheaper upfront cost.
- Easier to use than gas and real fires, they can even be controlled via remote control.
- Much more energy-efficient as no heat is lost via a chimney.
- The electricity consumption of these electric fires can be expensive more than real fires and gas.
- It's likely your flame will never look as natural as a gas or actual wood fire.
- Less heat output when compared to other models.
Real Wood Burners
Having a real wood-burning stove in your house is the most authentic model you can buy for a realistic-looking fire. These models look great, have a fantastic heat output and very low running costs once installed.
When you compare them to gas and electrical fires however they do require alot of attention and can be expensive to buy, these models also need alot of maintenance and can hurt the environment.
- Real fire and a great feature to have in your home.
- Low running cost when compared to electrical models.
- Lots of different fuel options.
- Much more attention is needed to prepare the fire and keep it going.
- Lots more cleaning is required due to ash.
- The installation will need to be done via a professional.
- Can harm the air.
- Upfront expensive cost when compared to electric fires.
Gas Log Burners
Gas fires have very stylish designs and excellent heat output when compared to electric models. They are additionally very energy efficient and much more life-like than most electric log burners.
These gas fires, on the other hand, do need alot of maintenance and require attention often.
- Strong heat output compared to electric models.
- Very energy efficient.
- Much more life-like.
- Lower running costs.
- Needs to be installed professionally and isn't a plug and go model like electric fires.
- Has to have regular maintenance.
- Carbon monoxide detector required.
- Needs a chimney which also has to be cleaned regularly.
Overall, as you can see, each model has its pros and cons if you are looking for a budget no-fuss heat output that requires no installation then its best to go for an electric wood burner.
However, if your after a strong heat output with a life-like appearance, then it might be worth considering a gas model or look into getting a real wood burner.
Safety Tips For Using an Electric Wood Burner
Nowadays, modern electric fires are generally very safe to use and are a great alternative to having a real fire in your home.
With overheating protection and thermal cut off features, you can leave your model running with a peace of mind. Despite these safety features, you should still consider some other safety tips when using your fireplace.
We've listed out our top safety tips for using your electrical fire below -
- Don't touch the heat source when in use - The flames of the unit itself will not get hot, however, where the hot air is blown will likely become very hot when in use, so never touch the vents or let kids put their hands near the fire while it's running.
- Keep combustible materials away from the unit - Anything that can catch fire such as clothes or furniture should be kept away from the appliance while the fire is in use.
- Don't cover the cord of your model - When plugging your fireplace never let the cable pass under a rug and make sure it's not plugged somewhere, people are likely to fall over it.
- Never plug your fireplace into an extension cord - It's best to plug your model directly into a wall socket, plugging your model into an extension cord can damage the appliance.
- Keep the vents free - Never cover the vents of your model; air must be able to move out freely from your device to reduce the risk of a fire or your heating not working correctly.
- Install them away from water - Don't use your model in a place of water such as a bathroom, your model should not make contact with water at any point.
- Unplug after use - Once you've finished using your unit its best to keep it unplugged.
Are these electrical fire models energy efficient?
Yes, electrical fireplaces are very energy efficient as they operate with no heat loss, unlike a real wood burner and gas fireplace.
They do have high electrical running costs, however.
Can I use an extension lead with my model?
No, you must never plug your fireplace into an extension lead as this could potentially cause a fire risk. You should always plug your model directly into a wall socket.
Will the fireplace get hot to touch?
The flames will not be hot to touch as this just a projection of light; however, the hot air that blows out the vent will be hot to touch.
Can they warm a whole room at once?
This depends on the size of your room, but a 2000W fireplace can heat a space of around 200 square foot efficiently.
Am I able to use my fireplace with no heat?
You can turn the heat off on your model and just use the flame and wood light for ambience; this can make a great feature piece if you have a wall-mounted design.
Do they give instant heat?
Yes, this is one of the most significant benefits about electrical fireplaces, due to the fact they use electricity this means as soon as you switch the fire on it will emit warmth straight into your room.
How loud is an electrical fireplace?
The fireplaces do tend to be quite noisy due to their fan heating system; you should check the noise level of your model in terms of dB.
Are they safe to use around children and pets?
Electrical fireplaces are very safe to use around pets and children as the flames don't get hot, you should be careful not to let your child or pet touch the vents, however.
Can I move my electrical fireplace around?
Yes, as long as your model is lightweight enough, these fireplaces are entirely portable, meaning you can use them, in any room of your house with a power socket (apart from the bathroom).
Will I need to replace the bulb on my model?
Eventually, you will need to change the LED bulb in your model depending on how much you use it, this could be in 1-2 years of purchasing your fireplace.
Our #1 Electrical Wood Burner For Keeping You Warm
The number one electric wood burner on our list is the Dimplex GOSFORD Opti-Myst Electric Fire. We recommended this model because of its high heat output and remote control design for added convenience.
As an affordable alternative, you could also check out the NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater due to its versatile heat settings and low selling price.