Short On Time? Our Recommended Best Water Softener Is The Water2Buy W2B800 Water Softener! The Best Water Softener Reviews & Buying GuideContents1 The Best Water Softener Reviews & Buying Guide1.1 Our Favourite Water Softener -1.2 The Water2Buy W2B800 Water Softener (Editor's Pick)1.3 Which Is The Best Water Softener For Your Home?1.4 What To Look For […]
Short on time? Here's our pick;
- 6 removable tiers, which allow you to dehydrate different types of food simultaneously. Comes with a recipe, you can make delicious food based on the recipe.
- Operated with the motor small fan, One-touch to operate, safety with overheating protection. Unlike other dehydrators that cannot thoroughly dry the food, Kwasyo food dehydrator uses silent fans to circulate warm air for an evenly dried result.
- LED Smart Panel Operation: You can set the drying timer from 0 to 24 hours and adjusted 30 minutes/Times. The Temperature setting from 30℃ to 90℃, adjust the temperature difference every 5 ℃, better drying temperature. Press and hold the temperature button for 3 seconds to convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Use a BPA-free food dehydrator to make creating healthy, nutrient-dense food easy for any home or commercial operation. Create your own dried food snacks like beef jerky, dried fruit slices, granola, or try new recipes like kale chips and fruit leathers.
- 6 food dehydrator machine fits right at home and any small commercial kitchen, butcher shop, or health food store. This stainless steel dehydrator withstands heavy use and is easy to clean. 1 Years Warranty.
Dried fruit, jerky and other foods are great additions to any diet. Dried fruit is often found in healthy cereals, jerky is a good dog treat and other foods or even dried flowers can be added to a meal or used in home decoration. Yet, have you ever wondered how they create these crispy treats?
Quite simply, it is done with a food dehydrator and you can have one in your own home!
The Top Food Dehydrators On The Market
GCSJ - Our Pick!
Our first best food dryer from GCSJ will certainly impress you. How do we know this? Quite simply, it's Amazon's No.1 Choice out of all the best food dehydrators. This factor alone can make people buy this product but let's take a look at what other good qualities it has.
Main Features and Design
- 6 Large Removable Tiers - Having a good number of tiers is ideal for dehydrating different foods simultaneously.
- Temperature - This machine reaches temperatures of 30 Degrees Celsius to 90 Degrees Celsius, ensuring that your food dries swiftly.
- Digital Timer - The digital timer on this dehydrator is programmable for up to 24 hours.
- BPA Free - BPA is often found in cans and plastic, thankfully though this model is BPA free.
- 360 Degree Cycle Heating - With horizontal and vertical air flow you won't have to keep rotating your food or checking on it.
Coloured in a bland grey colour with a black handle and control panel, the exterior of the GCSJ isn't very attractive but looks like it is made for a more commercial use. It's powered by a small 400 watt motor fan that is easily operated with one touch.
You will be able to see your food whilst it is drying through the transparent glass door on its front. Having a glass door is much more preferable to having one made of plastic.
Also included is a recipe book which is incredibly helpful if you're new to using a food dehydrator.
What are the Pros and Cons of the GCSJ?
- Vitamins and Minerals - The GCSJ Dehydrator retains 97.7% of the vitamins and minerals in your food, much more than our other brands.
- Noise - The small motor on this machine is relatively quiet, so users won't have to worry about a loud humming noise during use.
- Lifespan - The materials used to create the GCSJ are durable and long lasting.
- Warranty - A two year warranty is included with the purchase of this item.
- High Temperature and Corrosion Resistance - Overheating and corrosion are a problem for many kitchen appliances but not for this one!
- All Metal - The GCSJ is made of metal, this food dehydrating machine is plastic free.
- Fast - When using the GCSJ you won't be waiting around for days for your fruit to dry, depending on dehydrating times, this machine could cut the time it takes for other dehydrators in half.
- Lightweight - Having an appliance that is light aids the user if they need to move it around the kitchen work space.
- Highly Recommended - Praise has showered in from all sorts of people, many have been thoroughly impressed with this product.
- Small - Even though some have commented on the compact design of this dehydrator, others have praised its large capacity.
- Cleaning - Unfortunately, it's not so easy to clean the drying space of the GCSJ.
- Price - At around the £120 mark, this product is something you'd really have to consider before you buy.
We can see why this is the Best Food Dehydrator. Despite the price tag, GCSJ have clearly blown all the other competition away. It may not be a pretty machine but it does its job very well, which is good enough for Amazon and us!
2. The SousVideTools Hendi Nine Tray Food Dehydrator
Despite a tongue twister of a name, this product has also gained in popularity, even more so than the Nesco SnackMaster Pro. But what's so special about it?
Main Features and Design
- 9 Removable Stainless Steel Trays - Having nine trays made from stainless steel is very desirable as it cuts out a lot of plastic. This product has even more trays that the Nesco SnackMaster Pro and will cater for all your food dehydrating needs.
- Temperature - The temperature control for this product ranges from 35 Degrees Celsius to 70 Degrees Celsius.
- Reduces Toxins and Chemicals - Many farm grown fruits are now sprayed with chemicals to retain freshness and repel insects, this dehydrator will reduce these potentially harmful chemicals leaving you happy and healthy with an added bonus of dried fruit leather.
- Horizontal Air Flow - The hot air flow will get your food in the mood to dry faster and retain the sweet goodness inside.
The design of the SVT Hendi is rather generic, its exterior is black and it's made from polycarbonate. It has a removable door, and aims to look like a modern appliance.
Inside the user will be pleased to know that the trays are of a large capacity and if you think nine trays is too much, then a six tray design is also available from this company.
This machine is powered by a 500 watt heater and fan, and has a dial controlled thermostat, to control the heater.
What are the Pros and Cons of the SousVideTools Hendi Nine Tray Dehydrator?
- Ease of Use - This product is easy to use and very user friendly.
- Spacious - It has nine trays, of course it's going to be spacious. Cram that fruit in!
- Quiet - Hardly any sound will be emitted from this SousVideTools Hendi model, so you won't have to worry about it getting on your nerves.
- Lifespan - The lifespan of this machine should be long lasting and leave you with good results.
- Recommended - Despite its minor disadvantages, this dehydrator has received a lot of praise and recommendations.
- Instructions - Customers have receive either poor or no instructions at all, they usually have to resort to using Google.
- Mesh Sheet - There is only one non stick mesh sheet. Fruit sticking to the metal trays isn't ideal, so by providing more of these sheets SousVideTools would have pleased more users.
- Bulky - The SousVideTools dehydrator is a bit bulky for its customers and we can see why in its design.
- Outer Door - The outer door is quite flimsy, so make sure you're careful when using it.
- Tray Gaps - Food can fall through the gaps in the trays as it dries, this could have been easily resolved by making the gaps smaller.
- Price - Priced around £120, the SVT Hendi is a bit too much for comfort but that hasn't stopped many of its customers.
The SVT Hendi seems like a hardy product that will aid in the drying process of your food but it does face some minor issues. This being said, it's still much loved by the ones who have bought it and hopefully will continue to be improved.
3. The Klarstein Fruit Cube Dehydrator
Our next product is also rather impressive, boasting a large amount of trays and easy functionality, let's take a look.
Main Features and Design
- 10 Large Drying Levels - The levels and drying space are enormous in this fruit cube. You could start a small company making jerky for a living at this rate.
- Temperature - You can raise the temperature at 5 Degrees Celsius a time from 40 Degrees Celsius to 70 Degrees Celsius, which will make sure your food is drying through properly.
- Adjustable Timer - The timer on this dehydrating machine is adjustable to up to 48 hours which is more than enough time to make jerky and other fruity wonders.
- Fast - This dehydrator would give the Nesco SnackMaster a run for its money for sure, as it's fast and furious when it comes to drying.
The Klarstein is the dehydrator best designed on our list. It's attractive, modern exterior combines black with red, peachy tones and encompasses a rectangular window so you can keep an eye on the drying process. The look of this product far excels that of our other dehydrators and far beyond the design of the Nesco Snackmaster Pro.
Powered by a 550 watt motor with recirculation mode, this fruit dehydrator processes large quantities of food swiftly and reliably. The trays have a large capacity and fit in well with the whole design.
This product is made of plastic which would be a bit of a disadvantage but it has proven to be a useful, long lasting machine. Make sure to give it a chance.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Klarstein Fruit Cube Dehydrator?
- Multipurpose Drying - You can use this dehydrator to ferment sourdough and yoghurt cultures, make jerky as well as beef jerky for dog treats, dry 3D printing filament, make fruit leather as well as many other creative uses.
- Lightweight - Not only is this product attractive but it's also lightweight and easy to move around your kitchen workspace.
- Easy to Use - The dials on this dehydrator best describe its easy to use functions.
- Sturdy - A sturdy item is an item you can trust and this is certainly true of the Klarstein Fruit Cube.
- Vitamins and Minerals - Keeping the goodness in your food won't be a problem with this Klarstein model.
- Price - The Klarstein is priced around £100 which is quite reasonable considering other models are more expensive but it also could alienate buyers who just can't afford it.
- Bulky - Even though this item is sturdy, it is also too bulky for some users. You just can't please them!
The advantages have really outweighed the minor disadvantage here and at £100, it is well worth the money if you can afford it. We're sure you won't be disappointed with this Klarstein model!
4. The Meykey Food Dehydrator
Although relatively little is known about Meykey, they have taken it upon themselves to source/manufacture a good food dehydrator. They have faced mixed reviews, so let us review what they're doing right and what they're doing wrong.
Main Features and Design
- 5 Height Adjustable Drying Layers - Adjustable height is great for foods that are a bit larger than your average fruit slices and having this option means there is lots of space to dry your food.
- Temperature - The adjustable thermostat emits a steady temperature of 50 Degrees Celsius to 70 Degrees Celsius.
- Constant Air Flow - Having a constant air flow ensures that your food is dried gradually and evenly and reduces the need to rotate your food.
- Vitamins and Minerals - 90% of the natural goodness in your food will be retained, making it super healthy
A simple black and silver exterior encases the 250 watt motor along with a bottom mounted fan and ventilation system. A see through window enables you to see how your food is drying inside.
This Meykey's dehydrating machine is exceptional at drying all sorts of things, these include, fruits, meat, fish, vegetables, herbs, bread and even flowers for potpourri.
What are the Pros and Cons of the Meykey Food Dehydrator?
- Quiet - Fortunately, this Meykey electric food dehydrator is very quiet.
- Ease of Use - Cleaning and using this product is easy and simple to understand.
- Value - At just under £50, this is the cheapest dehydrator on our list. Despite its disadvantages the price is a redeeming quality.
- Spacious - The spacious and adjustable layers give you lots of drying room which is handy for all sorts of drying activities.
- Lifetime Warranty - A lifetime warranty is great if your item should malfunction or arrive with a fault.
- Sturdy - This dehydrator is a robust, long lasting and sturdy appliance.
- Plastic - This product isn't quite what you'd call 'environmentally friendly', it's largely made up of plastic which can leave the user feeling bitter in more ways than one.
- No Timer - A timer is a useful thing to have on a dehydrator but Meykey seem to have forgot to add one.
- Air Flow - The air flow of the Meykey is not distributed evenly. This means the top trays take longer to dry than the lower ones.
- Instructions - Whilst some customers have been happy with their instruction manuals, others have noted that they're quite vague and have resorted to using online search engines to understand their machine.
- Bad Experiences - Unfortunately, a few users have had bad experiences with this particular dehydrator. Ranging from burning plastic to faulty items, it may be wise to steer clear.
Whilst the Meykey Dehydrator has a lot going for it, it also has a few major downfalls. It might not be one of the best food dehydrators but we're sure Meykey's working dehydrators will operate just fine. Still, if they don't, the lifetime warranty will surely help!
5. BioChef Arizona Food Dehydrator
And last but not least, the BioChef! It aims to please but will it be able to do so?
Main Features and Design
- 6 Stainless Steel Drying Trays - The drying space is characterised by stainless steel trays that are much better than any plastic substitutes.
- 100% BPA Free Inner and Outer Casing - No horrible plastic or harmful substances will be found in this product.
- Timer - A timer has been included in the manufacturing of this machine, it can reach times of up to 19.5 hours.
- Horizontal Air Flow - Using this type of air flow will reduce flavour contamination and will dry your food with ease. No rotation is needed either.
- EPT (Enzyme Protection Technology) - This technology enables the BioChef to preserve the dried food and retain the goodness instead of draining it of all its flavour.
The BioChef is not unlike the SousVideTools Hendi in design, in fact they're almost identical. Powered by a 500 watt motor, the BioChef features a digital display and an adjustable thermostat.
Three sheets have been provided with this product that go on the main trays, these include: A non stick sheet, a fine mesh sheet and a drip tray, these are practical and a great addition.
A transparent door completes this dehydrating machine and enables the user to take a peek at their creations.
What are the Pros and Cons of the BioChef Arizona Dehydrator?
- Fast - The drying process of the BioChef has proven to be quite fast and might even give some of our other best dehydrators a run for their money.
- Efficient - Using the BioChef will save you money, energy and time.
- Easy To Use - Assembling this product and using it in your day to day life is easy peasy!
- Lightweight - You won't have to worry about lifting a heavy appliance onto your kitchen side as this product is extremely lightweight.
- Warranty - A three year warranty is included in the purchase of this item.
- Neat - The design of the BioChef will not impose on your kitchen surface, rather, it will sit neatly and will patiently wait to be used.
- Quiet - This dehydrating machine, is super quiet! Shhhh.
- Only One Bad Review - Even though not many have purchased this item, only one bad review is pretty impressive thus far.
- Not Sturdy - Despite all of those positive qualities, the BioChef isn't exactly the sturdiest of dehydrators but it's definitely trying its best.
- Price - Valued at around the £130 mark, the BioChef isn't cheap, this being said though, it is a good, reliable and much loved machine.
The BioChef will no doubt gain more approval as it continues to be bought. If BioChef brought out a newer model then we're sure they'd get it spot on or at least as good as this model.
These were our top picks for the best food dehydrator, we hope you have found the best machine for you and that you have a jolly good time using it.
Why Should You Buy a Food Dehydrator?
Food dehydrators have become quite popular in many kitchens. Their aim is to suck out all of the water from the inserted food whilst maintaining the healthy nutrition found in the food before being dried. They also reduce bacteria in your foods and make them last longer. The health benefits are overwhelming and there are more than enough ways to use a dehydrator.
These clever machines save you time, energy and lots of money in the long run and will give you an everlasting supply of yummy treats, but which one should you buy?
What to look for in a Food Dehydrator?
- Capacity - A good dehydrating model needs a large capacity, especially if you're going to do a lot of drying. The more trays the better and adjustable levels are great too!
- Retained Nutrition - As mentioned, a good dehydrator should retain the nutritional values in your food. Each product will show you the percentages that they retain.
- Even Air Flow - Many dehydrators have bottom mounted fans which just dry the bottom trays. An even flow will make sure your food is dried properly and this can be done with vertical and horizontal heaters.
- BPA Free Materials - Plastic isn't a great material to dry your food in, so looking for an environmentally friendly model free of BPA will make a small but appreciated difference.
- Time and Temperature - Being able to adjust time and temperature is key to all dehydrators. Having these both in the same place is extremely handy.