Top 3 Inversion Tables On The Market
What is an inversion table?
An inversion table is essentially a table that uses gravity to relieve pressure on the spine. Due to the stresses we endure every day, over time our spines become more and more compressed leading to neck and back problems.
Inversion tables are working to undo that compression, ultimately relieving back and neck pain. Using an inversion table for just a few minutes a day could help change your life in a few weeks.
Why should you use an inversion table?
- Pain relief. An innumerable amount of inversion table users have reported amazing results after a few weeks, even a few days of using an inversion table. Inversion tables assist in reducing nerve pressure (in cases of sciatica or trapped nerves), as well as muscle tension, curvature of the spine and the list goes on. Many medical back pain issues can be alleviated with an inversion table but it is important to consult your doctor before using one.
- Stress Relief. Back and neck pain are generally caused by stress or over exerting oneself. With relief from that pain and the good an inversion table does for the systems of your body, you’ll soon be relaxing without that extra pressure on your spine.
- Improved circulation. The circulatory and lymphatic systems are just a few of the systems that benefit from use of an inversion table. Blood generally has to contend with gravity to flow through our bodies, so by tilting your body it aids the blood in fighting gravity and improves circulation along the way.
- Posture and flexibility. After all the pain relief, you will notice your posture is more upright and you can bend further than ever before. With every use your spine will become strengthened and you can lead a happier and active life.
- Money. When dealing with spinal issues our first reaction is to do everything we can to make it better. This means visiting the doctors, the chiropractors, the osteopaths which takes a lot of time, money and effort. Often returning from these visits our back pain will soon return. An inversion table will essentially do the same job but possibly do it even better, saving you time and money in the long run.
What to look for in an inversion table
- Good frame. A sturdy frame on an inversion table is a MUST. A weak frame will put you in danger. By reviewing some of the other topics below you should be able to find a reliable table that will not break, therefore avoiding danger.
- Control. You need to be able to control your inversion table. We recommend buying an inversion table that has different degree settings so you can work your way up to 90 degrees, always read the instruction manual and don’t risk anything you don’t think your body could take.
- Safety. Health and safety is key, there are risks to people who have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, are pregnant, have had a stroke amongst other serious health issues. ALWAYS do your research and consult your doctor before using an inversion table. Your health and safety is IMPORTANT. Make sure you check the frame and read the instructions before use.
- Reviews. There’s no harm in checking the reviews, they are often very insightful and will tell you if anything is wrong with a certain product. Reading reviews will help to save you time and money.
- Ease of use. Setting up an inversion table and using it should be relatively easy. They are heavy objects so sometimes it can require two people to set them up. The instructions should be easy to follow and provide no danger to the user. A product that is easy to use makes for a happy customer.
- Certifications. Most inversion tables are tested to a certain safety standard, only some though are tested to a medical standard. Always check the certifications of a product to ascertain whether the product is reliable.
- Space. The tallest person the average inversion table can take is around 6ft 6, (it’s important to check the height on an inversion table due to height and weight restrictions), meaning the table and the use of the table will take up a lot of space. The room it is placed in should be spacious in order that the user is safe and that people or objects are not in the way.
- Comfort. To inversion table beginners, the whole idea of using one is foreign. You must feel comfortable using an inversion table. Extra padding that is well positioned will aid in making the user feel relaxed and ready to use their new inversion table. Be sure not to exert yourself after using an inversion table as you don’t want to strain yourself whilst your body is repairing itself.
The Best Inversion Tables Of 2019
1. Teeter EP560
Our top pick today is the Teeter EP560. Teeter is the main brand to go to for an inversion table, they are absolute professionals in this business. Teeter are very informative. In the product description you will find everything you need to know about using an inversion table, the health benefits and the backlog of amazing reviews.
- FDA Cleared. The Teeter EP560 is the ONLY FDA cleared inversion table on the market which alleviates back pain, herniated discs, sciatica and much more. This product has been tested to a medical grade standard and has received impressive certifications.
- 5 Year Warranty. If something should happen to your Teeter EP560, as long as you’ve registered your table, you should be able to send it back and either receive a replacement or get your money back.
- DVD. An instructional DVD is included with your purchase, please watch this DVD to understand how to use your inversion table and what exercises you can start practicing.
- Quality. The frame for this product has been described as sturdy and robust, with other buyers saying the whole table quality is excellent.
- Settings. The Teeter EP560 has adjustable acupressure nodes which aid in healing your back muscles, it also utilizes a lumbar bridge to arch your back to the proper degree.
- Warnings. Teeter make sure to consult you about the warnings, you can easily find out whether you fit the criteria of using an inversion table online.
- Results. Reading through the reviews you’d think the Teeter EP560 was a miracle machine and maybe it is. This inversion table has received enormous amounts of praise for its quick results, so much so you can say that is has changed peoples lives. Living a better quality of life is something we all try to achieve at one stage or another, so this is a very appealing product.
- Weight. Such an impressive inversion table is bound to be heavy, but no heavier than the Skandika Gravity Coach, it also weighs 31kg. Inviting a friend to help you put it together would be a good idea as you might worsen any underlying back problem if you try to assemble it by yourself. It’s also worth noting that some have tried to use it alone and tipped it over, so having a friend there for when you first use your inversion table would be beneficial especially if you’re a beginner.
- Space. A hefty inversion table needs a large space to settle in, this won’t be surprising to hear, however it is a disadvantage for buyers with smaller living spaces.
- Discomfort. A few users have warned that the ankle clamps can cause discomfort, extra padding should be able to fix this though.
- Price. You can purchase the Teeter EP560 anywhere from £290 to over £400 making it a high end product and expensive to some users. However, taking into account it is a certified, robust and life changing product the price of the Teeter EP560 is a small price to pay for ongoing support and benefits to your health.
2. Skandika Gravity Coach
Skandika have focused more on the performance of their inversion table, listing their tables medical benefits with pride, thus keeping the buyer informed of the wonders it can perform. They have also shown an interest in user safety by showcasing the sobering warnings, which shows that Skandika care about customer safety and not just the money.
- Health Benefits. The Skandika Gravity Coach works like any other inversion table, hence, it too will benefit your health by relieving pressure on discs, ligaments and nerve endings.
- Instructions. Included with the table is a very clear and insightful instruction manual, aiding you to understand how to use the Skandika Gravity Coach inversion table.
- Quality. Users have praised the sturdy quality of this inversion table, especially for its price, the Skandika Gravity Coach comes in at around £150, proving that being cheaper doesn’t always mean bad quality.
- Support. Reviewers have reported that the Skandika Gravity Coach does not have a proper head or neck support. This is a big disadvantage as the customers comfort and safety is a key factor. Tilting precariously without a head/neck support sounds quite dangerous and could worsen the pain in your neck and back. Hopefully, Skandika will get the message and sort this out, even if it puts the price up.
- Weight. The Sportplus inversion table we just considered was 25kg and some users found it difficult to assemble with that weight. The Skandika Gravity Coach comes in at 31kg, whilst heaviness can be good for safety it will be challenging to assemble and then move afterwards.
3. Sportplus Inversion Table
The Sportplus inversion table comes in two fashionable colours, red and white or black. It boasts to have many positive effects, some of which have already been listed. The recommended use is to tilt it to an angle of 25 degrees for a few minutes a day, this has proved to be extremely beneficial to its users.
- Health Benefits. The Sportplus will aid in reducing your back/neck pain and improving bodily functions, which you’d expect from an inversion table.
- Adjustable. The Sportplus’ inversion angle can be changed by using a metal pin, simply insert it in the degree angle (20, 40, 60, 80 or 90 degrees) and start tilting. This inversion table can also be adjusted for the height of the user (154cm to 199cm).
- Comfortable. Included with this inversion table are a padded back, head rest and foot holders, making sure the user is secure but also comfortable.
- Balance. Many users have praised the perfect balance of the Sportplus inversion table. All you have to do is place your arms above your head and tilt back.
- Value for Money. Selling at around the £130 mark, it is cheaper than the more expensive models, which can be reflected in the quality of an item. Still, Sportplus has numerous happy customers, who feel they’ve got a great deal.
- Bulky. Of course, you have to anticipate that an inversion table is going to be heavy, it has to support your weight. Still, some customers have not been happy with their 25kg table. Sportplus do say the item is easily able to fold away, however, the reviews say differently, you will need at least two people to set this table up and fold it away.
- Instructions. There are none. No exercise instructions are included, or if they are they can be found buried in the tables construction manual. This is a major safety hazard, especially for someone who has never used an inversion table before, if you choose to purchase this inversion table then research how to use an inversion table first.
- Quality. The Sportplus inversion table fails to impress some users with its quality compared to some higher priced brands.