The Best Ironing Boards in 2019
Ironing is a chore, fashion doesn’t always require crisp shirts or trousers. Millenials are increasingly shunning ironing, there are apps which let you get whole loads of laundry done, however that doesn’t mean they’re surplus to requirement in 2019. Moving into a new house or renovating a new property means filling the place with life’s essentials. Ironing boards still make it onto that collective list of things we somehow accumulate throughout our lives. Once you’ve finished drying your clothes, you must make the chore-choice, iron or straight into the drawer? If you choose to iron, whether you’re ironing an outfit for a birthday or wedding, job interview or work you should consider our top picks listed below.
Why should you use an ironing board?
More accurately, why buy one online? Well the range is greater, there are often better quality products than in local stores, and of course, you don’t have to carry it home on public transport or try to fit it in your car boot. A good ironing board will last almost forever, making a good investment could also save you many trapped fingers and ironing frustrations.
What should you look for in one?
Your ironing board should be big enough to iron your largest items. It should have an adjustable height, and should pack down well, taking up a small amount of room in cupboard, utility room, or just behind the sofa.
- Height – can the ironing board be used by your tall nephew and your shorter friend?
- Weight – is it easy to move around the house?
- Compact – do you need an ironing board you can tuck away somewhere
- Iron stand – can you safely leave your iron on the board, is it steady and sturdy?
The Best Ironing Boards of 2019
Brabantia Titan Oval Ironing Board
Brabantia are a well known, Dutch brand who make many items for the home, such as cooking equipment, bins and laundry baskets. The Titan ironing board is make from steel, with a 100% cotton cover and a foam and vicose underlay. The board has a heat-resistant parking zone and can be altered between heights of 61cm and 102cm.
- Shoulder-shape – let’s you easily iron shirts
- Pointed-end – is ideal for trousers
- Sized D – large size lets you iron sitting-down, see the Brabantia size guide here
- Reputable manufacturer with 100 years of experience in the design industry
- Built to last using durable materials
- Child Safety Lock to prevent the ironing board accidentally closing
- 10 Year Guarantee from the industry leader
- Heat-resistant parking zone, for breaks in ironing
- Most expensive compared to our other picks
- The heaviest ironing board of our reviewed three
Minky Ergo Ironing Board
the Minky Ergo ironing board comes in blue and is sleekly finished with ergonomic curves. Some might argue the style is a little too much like a supercar. Why do you need a Lamborghini to do your ironing?
- Ergo design comfortable for left and right- handed users
- Prozone cover 100% cotton, felt underlay and reflective metallic coating
- Manufactured in the UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Infinite height adjustment up to 92cm
- Child safety lock to prevent accidental or folding whilst being carried or standing
- Heat resistant coating on the cover to prevent burns
- Ergo-design might be the wrong aesthetic for many
Mabel Home Adjustable Deluxe
The third pick is this Mabel Home ironing board. The Mabel is a very basic ironing board, with little flourishes compared to the Brabanita or Minky board. The height adjustment ranges from 76cm to 88cm, which is a smaller range than the other boards.
- Heat-resistant parking zone for the iron
- Lightweight at only 5kg
- Cheap and cheerful
- Limited height settings, could cause strains when ironing
- Not great value for money, is it really cheap and cheerful?
- Basic shape is awkward for some items of clothing
Last Updated on