Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Meat Mincers & Sausage Maker Is The Nestling® Electric Meat Mincer Grinder and Sausage Maker!
- This meat grinder is a 2800W grinding tool, can mince meat and vegetables, is ideal for ground meat and stuffing making.
- 3 Cutting plates which is different in the diameters of the mesh, can be used for coarse(7mm), medium(5mm) and fine(3mm) grinding, with the sausage funnels and Kibbeh attachment, you can making the burgers, meatballs, meat loaf, sausages and more.
- ON/OFF/Reverse (Reverse to easily unclog stuck food), easy dismantle for cleaning and storage compartments for safe keeping of attachments.
- Made of food grade material, the part that touch with the food can prevent the pollution of ingredients.thicken aluminum alloy and high-end ABS,owns strongly anti-corrosion and durable quality, also features Non- slip rubber feet.
- Clean all parts thoroughly in warm water. Always dry the parts immediately after washing for a longer service life.Do not wash the parts in dishwasher.
Using a Home Meat Grinder Can Transform your Cooking
Home cooking is something that is gaining popularity rapidly. With all of the scare tactics in the media about harmful additives and chemicals in our food, this is not surprising.
Whilst the majority of us will buy our meat fresh from the supermarket or the butcher, very few of us have considered home meat grinding. However, there are actually a lot of ways in which you can benefit from using a home meat grinder.
The Benefits of Buying the Best Meat Grinder UK
As we have just mentioned, there really are a lot of advantages that come with grinding your own meat at home. If you are wondering how you can benefit from purchasing one of these appliances, then take a look at the information below to get a better idea.
- Fresh Minced Meat – When we purchased minced meat from the supermarket or the butchers, we automatically assume that what we are getting is a very fresh product. The problem is that we can never know how long the meat has been stored in its original form before it has actually been minced. With a home meat mincer, you are able to guarantee that you are getting the freshest minced meat possible.
- Less Chance of Contamination – Another thing that worries a lot of people is the amount of contaminants that can be found in meat products on supermarket shelves all over the country. Of course, these contaminants are generally at very low levels so that they won’t be harmful. However, by using your own meat grinder you can make sure that everything is completely sterile, from the grinder itself to the kitchen where you are preparing your meat.
- Create Original Sausage & Beef Burger Recipes – If you are a bit of an amateur chef, then it is very likely that you enjoy the opportunity to get creative in the kitchen. With a meat grinder, you can create your own original recipes for sausages and beef burgers. These will not only be much healthier, but they will also taste fantastic.
- Speed – Another good thing about a meat grinder is that you are able to potentially save yourself a lot of time. You can mince the meat of your choosing in batches so that it can be frozen and defrosted when you want to cook with it. This will save you huge amounts of time in the long run.
- Save Money – If you add up the average amount of money that you spend on minced meat products every year, including things like burgers, sausages and meatballs, then it is highly likely that you will be in for a surprise. By grinding your meat at home you can save huge amounts of money, especially if you opt for cheaper cuts of meat. Over time, you will save a lot of money.
What to Look for When Buying a Meat Mincer
If you want to make sure that you are going to benefit from your meat mincer, then there are a few things that you should be on the lookout for if you want to make sure that you are getting the best model possible. Here are a few tips.
Manual Meat Mincer or Electric Meat Mincer
When choosing your model, one of the things that you will have to decide is whether you want a manual mincer or an electric one. Each has their own benefits, so it all depends on what is best for you personally. Take a look at plenty of reviews for any model that you intend to buy to make sure that it fits the bill.
Make Sure That It Is Durable
If you are going to be using your meat grinder on a regular basis, then one of the things that you are going to need to be sure of is that it is a durable model. Again, the best way for you to do this is to read plenty of reviews for any model that you are interested in. The last thing that you want is a mincer that is going to break after a few uses.
Easy to Clean
With meat mincers, one of the things that you need to prioritise is cleanliness. It can be very easy to get sick because of bacteria from meat, so you need to make sure that you are able to clean your meat mincer thoroughly. Look for grinders that have removable components for easy cleaning.
These are just a few tips to get you started. As you can see from the information above, reading customer reviews is very important when choosing an appliance like this. With this in mind, we have tested and reviewed our top three home meat grinders to take some of the work out of choosing one for you. Read on below for our honest, helpful reviews.
3. Ammiy® Electric Meat Mincer Grinder and Sausage Maker
Ammiy have a wide range of kitchen appliances on the market right now; one of them being this electric meat grinder and sausage maker. Having heard good things about this brand, we were optimistic about testing and reviewing it. For the price of this appliance, we have to say that it really exceeded our expectations.
- Very good value for money.
- Really powerful motor.
- Not too noisy.
- Great range of accessories for different uses.
- The instruction manual was a little confusing.
- Steel Blades
- 3mm Fine Blade
- 5mm Medium Blade
- 7mm Coarse Blade
- Food Pusher
- Sausage Adaptor
- Kibbe Adaptor
- Non-Slip Feet
- 30 x 27 x 26cm
In terms of appearance, this meat mincer and sausage maker looks fantastic. It has a really sleek, modern design that we loved. It has a metallic red and chrome colour scheme that really makes it stand out. On the side of the unit you will see the switches which allow you to switch the grinder on and off, as well as control the different functions.
Upon setting up the grinder, we did find that we were a little confused when trying to follow the instruction manual. It seems a little muddled and hard to follow. However, after a while we were able to figure out what the different accessories were for and how to assemble the grinder itself.
One thing that we really liked about this grinder is the sheer amount of accessories that come with it. It has three different blades; one for fine mincing which is ideal for pates and pastes, a medium blade that is perfect for sausages and burgers, and then a course blade which is well-suited to making dishes that require more texture.
We thought that we would test all three blades out to see how they performed and they were all excellent. One thing that we really liked about this one is that the blades and other accessories do not feel flimsy in the slightest. You can tell that they have been made out of high quality stainless steel which is perfect for keeping things extra sanitary.
During operation, we were pleased to find out that the meat grinder is not overly noisy, even when using the coarser blade. The non-slip feet are an added bonus and keep the entire unit sturdy when it is being used. Considering this is a relatively budget range model, we have to say that we really were very impressed with this model from Ammiy.
2. Kenwood MG510 Meat Grinder
Kenwood are probably the most well-known and popular brands that produce kitchen appliances in the United Kingdom. They have spent decades producing quality appliances and have millions of happy customers, so we were excited to test this Kenwood meat grinder. Read on below to see if it met our high expectations.
- Well-built with a stylish design.
- Has various attachments for different things.
- Minces at a good speed.
- It is a little noisy.
- Stainless Steel Blades
- 3 Screens for Fine, Medium and Coarse
- Food Pusher
- Kibbe Attachment
- Sausage Attachment
- 5 x 21 x 34.5cm
The first thing that we really liked about this Kenwood meat grinder is that it looks really professional. It has a brushed steel finish and feels very durable indeed. It comes with attachments for both Kibbe and sausages and also comes with a food pusher to help you to feed the meat through the machine.
We tried out each of the stainless steel screens which allow you to mince the meat in either fine, medium or coarse. We were impressed by the speed given that the motor is only 1600w; it seemed to mince the meat with no trouble at all and we didn’t find any of it getting stuck in the screen.
The only thing that we could complain about is that the electric meat grinder was a little on the noisy side, especially when grinding bigger chunks of meat. It was far noisier when we tried the coarse screen. However, the machine is sturdy and doesn’t move around much on the work surface when it is in use which is good.
The sausage attachment was great and we were able to make our own sausages with no difficulty. Every Kenwood meat mincer attachment that we tried was well made and very effective. In terms of price, this one is a little more expensive but you definitely get what you pay for. For a high quality meat mincer from a very reputable brand, you can’t really go wrong with this one.
1. Andrew James Electric Meat Grinder and Mincer – Our Top Choice
Andrew James is a family run business based in the UK. They have been around for quite some time now and have a solid reputation when it comes to producing very high quality kitchen appliances. We had the opportunity to test out this Andrew James meat mincer and were eager to see how it would perform. Take a look below to see why this particular model made it as our top choice.
- Surprisingly powerful considering it only has a 700w motor.
- Very easy to use controls.
- Plenty of attachments.
- High quality parts.
- It can get hot quite quickly.
- Stainless Steel Blades
- Fine, Coarse and Medium Blades
- Food Pusher
- Sausage Adaptor
- Kibbe Adaptor
- 42 x 16 x 34.5cm
Starting off with the design, we were really impressed. It has a stylish white finish and looks modern, well-built and professional. What we really liked about the design of this particular meat mincer is the easy to use controls. You will find them at the top of the appliance on the right hand side and they will allow you to adjust the speeds and access the different settings.
What really made this meat grinder stand out for us is the power that it offers. Because it only has a 700w motor, we expected it to struggle with larger pieces of meat but this really wasn’t the case. We actually found it to be the most powerful of the three. We were also pleased with the noise level of this one; we expected it to sound loud but again, this wasn’t the case.
We tried all of the adaptors which were all really well designed, felt very easy to use and were highly effective. Each of the different blade types worked very well and we had no trouble operating the mincer at all. Given that this is a mid-range mincer, we have to say that we were very impressed with how it performed.
For the sheer amount of accessories and attachments, the power produced by the motor and the overall design and ease of use, this Andrew James mincer takes our top spot today.
We hope that by taking a look through our reviews that you are able to make a more informed decision on the best mincer for your kitchen.