The Five Best Mini Oven Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1 The Five Best Mini Oven Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Favourite Mini Oven! -
- 1.2 The Sage BOV820BSS the Smart Oven Pro with Element IQ (Editor's Choice)
- 1.3 Our Verdict - Which Mini Oven Is The Best For Cooking?
- 1.4 What To Look For In a Best Mini Oven (Buying Guide)
- 1.5 Best Features To Consider In a Mini Oven
- 1.6 Benefits Of Owning a Mini Oven
- 1.7 Mini Ovens VS Conventional Ovens
- 1.8 FAQs
- 1.9 Our #1 Mini Oven For Cooking, Baking & Grilling
If you have limited kitchen space, or are looking to have cooking functions in your campervan, you've likely come across a mini oven. These little ovens allow you to have all the features of a regular oven in a compact design.
The best mini ovens will often have the option of being an oven and grill, allowing you to make a variety of food in one small appliance. However, these mini ovens have many different features and specs and are extremely popular on the market.
This can make it challenging to know which model will be the best mini oven to purchase, so to help you out, we've listed and compared the best mini ovens on the market currently to help you decide which mini oven is right for you.
Our Favourite Mini Oven! -
The Sage BOV820BSS the Smart Oven Pro with Element IQ (Editor's Choice)
Sage is very popular in the kitchen appliance industry for creating reliable products. This mini oven, in particular, comes with 2400W power preheat and is convection-powered for a speedy cooking process in the oven.
Notable features of this model are its smart element IQ which transfers heat in the oven over five quartz heating elements. It also has a slow cook function that can slowly cook your food for up to 10 hours before switching to a keep-warm function.
Design-wise the Sage smart oven pro has an interior light that turns on when the oven is open, or at the end of a cooking cycle, you can likewise shut off the oven manually.
Its smart oven pro LCD is also very easy to use and allows you to choose from 10 different cookery functions to practice when cooking.
The dimensions of this model are 47 x 32 x 28 cm, and it can fit around a 6lb chicken or six slices of toast. You can use this mini oven for baking too.
Overall, this Sage branded mini oven is of the best mini ovens on our list if you are looking for reliability and a variety of cooking functions to choose from such as; a grill rack, slow cook, or even baking.
Its convection temperature system is also very consistent, allowing you to make the same recipes with consistent results every time.
The downfalls of this Sage model have to be its fan which is said to be noisy when cooking. The mini ovens price is also alot higher than other models on the market.
You should also make sure this model is big enough for your requirements as it has been reported to be on the smaller side.
- Variety of cookery functions.
- Easy to work LCD.
- Element IQ heating elements.
- Slow cook function.
- Consistent temperatures with a compact design.
- Not big enough for a family.
- High price.
- Noisy fan when cooking.
Our Affordable Alternative - De'Longhi EO12012 Mini Oven
The De'Longhi branded mini oven is one of the lowest prices mini ovens on our list. This model comes with the power of 1400 watts and an internal capacity of 12.5 litres.
Feature-wise, the model, includes three different cookery functions to use; traditional, grill and lower heating for gentle cooking or warming of food. It also comes with an adjustable temperature control ranging from 60 degrees to 220 degrees.
Additionally, this mini oven also comes with a 120-minute timer and an auto shut off system and bell. The design of the oven comes as a full metal body with a double glass door and has pearl white knobs.
Other accessories that come with the model are a baking tray and wire rack which can be used as a grill rack. There is also a removable crumb tray which makes the oven easy to clean.
This De'Longhi model is ones of the best mini ovens on our list in terms of price and simplicity. The mini model has all the features needed, such as a grill and baking tray and would be perfect for one-two people to use.
Some downfalls of this De'Longhi mini oven has to be its smaller capacity and timer which has been reported to not work on some models.
- 12.5-litre capacity with grill, baking tray and gentle cooking function.
- 120-minute timer.
- Adjustable temperature control.
- Easy to clean design.
- Small capacity.
- The timer is said to be faulty.
Lakeland Digital Multifunctional Mini Oven
If you are looking for a more affordable mini-oven, this Lakeland branded model might be worth considering. The oven features a 1800W power and uses convection heating to heat the mini oven and grill.
Significant specifications of this model are its ability to grill, roast, or bake your food with its mini oven and grill. There is also a rotisserie mode for chicken and a keep-warm function, combined with eight other methods to choose from when cooking.
Design-wise the model comes with an integrated timer that allows you to set when you want the grill or oven to turn off. There's also an easy to work display which shows you the timer and temperature of the mini oven.
Extra accessories of this Lakeland model are; a baking tray, wire rack, rack tong, Rotisserie fixing, Rotiseere handle, and a crumb tray.
The Lakeland mini oven is an affordable option if you are looking to grill, bake cakes, and roast all in one oven. Its integrated timer is a useful easy to use safety feature, and the keep-warm function is excellent for keeping meals warm before serving time.
However, this model does have some downfalls, such as its build-quality and power on/off function. The mini ovens build quality is reported to be low with the shelves giving away easily, its power on/off switch is also said to be round the back of the oven which can be a safety issue.
- Affordable and multi-function.
- Rotisserie mode and keep warm function.
- Integrated timer.
- Easy to work display.
- Poor build quality.
- The switch is located awkwardly behind the oven.
Team Kalorik Mini Oven
This mini oven by Team Kalorik has a power of 1500 watts and has a 40 litre capacity for baking, roasting and grilling. It also boasts an adjustable temperature of up to 250 degrees.
Feature-wise this affordable best mini oven has an automatic 60-minute timer with an auto-shutoff function and can be selected for upper or lower heating only in the oven.
The design of this model has a heat-resistant glass door with a stainless steel handle and four non-slip feet. It also comes with accessories such as; a baking tray, grill rack, rotating skewer and a tray handle.
Overall, this Team Kalorik mini oven is excellent for people who are looking for a budget mini model with a single person capacity. Its timers function and the selective heating option is also super useful for cooking on the grill or baking.
Downfalls of the mini-oven best model have to be its design which does not indicate the temperature of inside the oven; this means it can be challenging to know what temperature you should be baking at. The model also doesn't come with clear instructions on how to work the oven.
- Very affordable.
- Stainless steel design with quick heating elements.
- 60-minute timer with auto shut off.
- Rotating skewer included.
- Selective heating option.
- Adjustable temperature of over 230 c.
- Doesn't show precise temperature.
- Lack of instructions on how to use the mini oven.
Igenix IG7130 Mini Oven
If you have been looking for a best mini oven with hob, it's worth checking out this Igenix oven with hob. The Igenix model comes with a power of 1500W and a 30-litre capacity for either; roasting, grilling or baking in the oven.
Main features of the model are its two hot plates which have separate heating controls for extra space in the oven. Its temperature can also be adjusted from 100-220 degrees.
Accessories that come with the mini oven with hob are; an aluminium tray that can be used as a baking tray, wire rack, and tray handle, making it very easy to cook with.
Overall, this low priced hot plates mini oven is a great option to consider purchasing if you are on a budget and want a simple model that's easy to clean and work.
Its hot plates design saves room and heats quickly along with its adjustable temperature for more control over your cooking.
Some negatives of the hot plates mini-oven are its lack of ability to utilise the oven and hobs at the same time; this means you are limited to only one heating function at separate times. The hobs are also said to take a while to get hot.
- Low price with hot plates.
- One grill and one wire rack included.
- Adjustable temperature.
- Decent sized capacity.
- Easy to use.
- Hobs take a while to heat up.
- You can't use the plates and ovens function at the same time.
Our Verdict - Which Mini Oven Is The Best For Cooking?
To conclude, the best mini oven on our list is the Sage BOV820BSS Smart Oven. The Sage mini-oven may be the most expensive oven on our list but is the best in terms of reliability and functions.
With ten different functions available to cook with and a 5 quartz heating system, they are making it one of the best mini ovens for baking and grilling.
For a more affordable alternative model, we would suggest the De'Longhi EO12012 due to its simple to use design and adjustable temperature control, making it one of the best mini ovens to get if you are on a budget.
What To Look For In a Best Mini Oven (Buying Guide)
Now we've looked at the top mini ovens on the market. You might be wondering what features you need to be looking for in a best mini oven.
We've put together a foolproof mini-oven buying guide below to help you out.
Best Features To Consider In a Mini Oven
From various cooking functions, adjustable temperatures and size, it can be challenging to pinpoint what is essential in a mini oven and whats not.
Some mini ovens are also different in size so you must get a big enough capacity for your cooking needs.
We've listed out the key features to consider when buying a mini oven below -
- Cooking functions - Mini ovens come with a variety of cooking functions; from slow cooking, roasting, grilling and even baking. Some models, however, will have limited features, so it's essential to consider what kind of cooking you will want to be doing with your mini oven so as you can get the right model for you.
- Size - Models sizes can be anything from 12 litres to even 30 litres, you don't need an oven to be 30 litres if you are one-person household; however, you also don't want to be restricted on what you can cook.
- Temperature - Adjustable temperatures are useful for slow cooking and baking, especially, it's a good idea to find a model with an extensive range.
- Hobs - Some mini-oven models come with hob plates which are useful for acting as a mini stove. However, you will unlikely be able to work the oven and hobs at the same time, so you could consider buying the feature as a separate stove model.
- Accessories - Make sure your mini range comes with accessories such as a baking tray or grill rack, you might also get a Rotisserie stick if you have brought a mini roasting oven.
- Warranty - With budget mini ovens its essential to ensure you get some kind of warranty, so as you can get protected against any faulty models.
- Power - The power of your mini oven will determine how hot it can get, so if you want a high-powered model, then look for a higher output of energy.
- Timer - Some of the best mini oven models comes with a timer option which is useful for baking, these ovens may also auto-shutoff when the timer goes, allowing you to prevent accidental over-cooking or burnt food.
Benefits Of Owning a Mini Oven
There are some obvious benefits of owning a mini oven, from space-saving to energy efficiency, it can make you wonder if you even need a traditional big oven any more.
If you're sitting on the edge about whether you should get this convenient kitchen appliance, we have rounded up some benefits below of having a mini oven to help you decide.
- Space-saving - If you have a small kitchen or maybe you live in one-person student accommodation, these small appliances take up very little space and save you lots more room on your kitchen countertops.
- Versatile - From rotisserie chicken to grilling, toasting and baking, these small ovens can do everything in one tiny appliance.
- Easy to use - Mini models are super straightforward to work, all you need to do is select your one cooking function and get the right temperature then it does the work for you.
- Quick heating time - Due to the convection style heating most ovens have, it allows you to cook food on both sides very quickly, it also means it pre-heats very fast.
- Summer friendly - Mini ovens don't heat your house like a traditional model does so this allows you to keep your kitchen cooler on a hot summers day.
- Energy-efficient - They are very energy efficient and can heat meals quickly, they use less energy than large-sized stoves so they can save your money too.
- Portable - Not only are these appliances small, but they also tend to be very lightweight, meaning you can take them with you anywhere, even in a camper van.
- Affordable - The most significant benefit of these models have to be their low price which allows you to have some similar functions that are more expensive traditional oven would have for a fraction of the cost.
Mini Ovens VS Conventional Ovens
Nowadays, with all the different cooking functions and adjustable temperatures, mini ovens can pretty much replace a conventional oven if you want to save money or free up more space in your kitchen.
However, conventional ovens do still offer some benefits that might outweigh a mini oven, so its important to consider what you might be missing out on in a mini oven.
Mini ovens save much more space than a conventional oven and can be stored away when not in use. They are much more energy-efficient than traditional ovens and cheaper too.
All can re-heat food quickly, unlike a regular oven and can be used during summer months without heating the kitchen.
However, they do lack in space when compared to conventional models which means you are limited on how much food you can cook, making it less suitable for larger families.
Additionally, mini models depend on electricity to work so these ovens would not function during a power outage.
- Saves space.
- Reheats food with less energy.
- More energy efficient in general than a larger oven.
- No complicated installation.
- Can't cook large amounts of food like a traditional oven.
- Depends on electricity so wouldn't work during a power outage.
- You can't move the rack around.
Conventional models are a winner when it comes to cooking for more massive crowds, they also typically have hobs which allows you to do much more cooking simultaneously, unlike a mini oven.
The ovens are also more reliable during power outages, and food can be moved around the oven easily during cooking.
Disadvantages of these traditional models, when compared to modern mini ovens, have to be their energy usage and complicated installation.
These models are also not portable and will heat your whole kitchen during summer months. They also take up a considerable chunk of your kitchen so aren't suitable for small spaces.
- Can cook large amounts of food.
- Works during a power outage.
- Hob can be utilised at the same time.
- Food can be moved around racks.
- Installation required.
- High energy use.
- Takes up space.
- Heats whole area.
Overall, if you are looking to save money and space and aren't fussed about cooking for a crowd, then a mini oven might be worth considering as a substitute for a larger conventional oven.
Are they expensive to run?
No, not as expensive as a traditional oven, they heat very quickly and are extremely energy efficient.
Should I buy a model with a timer?
Yes, most models have a timer as this allows you to be notified when your food is done cooking, its useful to check for an auto shut off feature too so as you can prevent food from overcooking.
Can a mini oven replace my traditional oven?
If you don't mind about smaller space and lack of hobs then yes, one mini-oven could potentially replace a conventional oven if you buy a model with a range of functions and a wide range of temperature.
Are they easy to clean?
Yes, these models are easy to clean, you don't have to bend down like standard oven, and they can be wiped out quickly with a cloth.
Can I adjust a mini oven temperature?
Most models come with adjustable temperature, which is useful if you want to roast food or bake at a precise temperature.
How many litres should my model be for two people?
Anything of around 15 litres should be enough for two people. However, if you want to cook large portions of food, then consider going up in size. It's better to get an oven that's too large than too small.
Could I bake a cake in a mini oven?
Yes absolutely, however, you should make sure there is enough space for your one cake to rise without getting too close to the heating elements.
Can I use it to reheat food?
You can use your model to reheat food very quickly, unlike traditional ovens that require much more energy and longer heating time.
Would I be able to use the hob plates on a mini oven at the same time as the oven?
Most models don't allow this as it requires the energy to be split between the oven and hobs, resulting in a much weaker heating result. This means it's likely you would only be able to use each feature one at a time.
Can they keep food warm?
Some number one models have a keep food warm function which is excellent if you don't want to serve food straight away, if not you can quickly reheat food to thanks to its quick heating time and convection systems.
Can I cook a Rossiterie chicken in a mini oven?
Yes very quickly, some models even come with a skewer attachment for roasting, and you can set your preferred temperature easily. The convection heating system will allow the chicken to brown and cook through on both sides.
Our #1 Mini Oven For Cooking, Baking & Grilling
For a reliable, versatile and straightforward to use mini-oven model, we would suggest checking out the number one Sage BOV820BSS Smart Oven. This is due to its modern heating elements and variety of cooking styles the model can perform.
In a mini oven, you need to have easy to use functions, and this Sage model is perfect for beginner mini-oven users.
However, if you are on more of a budget, we would also suggest the De'Longhi EO12012 for a smaller but more versatile mini oven.