Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Portable Oil Filled Radiator Is The Prem-i-air Oil-Filled Radiators!
- The enhanced chimney effect accelerates hot air through vents for effective heating
- 2 kW heat output and three heat settings; Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz): 230~50
- Elegant design and pure brilliant white finish
- Pre-assembled easy wheels and carry handle for easy transportation
- Thermostat and anti-frost device with 24 hr mechanical timer
Top Portable Oil Radiators To Keep You Warm
The advantages of an oil-filled radiator
A challenging period in anyone’s life is winter months and having a warm home. A portable radiator heater is always the best option especially when it is an oil-filled heater that will be the best cost-effective method to heat your home.
This is certainly one of the biggest draws for anyone as you can move them around from one room to another with ease. Even though they are portable, they are very powerful and capable of heating a large space. The fact that they are portable also ensure that you do not have to drill holes in your walls to fit other types of heaters. They rest on any surface and have wheels making them even easier to move about the home. They are fairly light, and anyone can move them when they are not switched on.
An oil heater is one of the safest heating types of appliances on the market. Pets and children can interact freely with an oil heater in your house. Even when you set it at its highest, the columns and the fins can never get so hot that it will burn you. This is due to it using convection technology. Oil-filled radiators also feature tip-over technology and this will shut then down if they did fall over for some unforeseen reason, thus prevent fire. When you shop for a heater this is one of the first things you look at, a tip-over switch.
The fact that it uses oil makes all the difference as oil stays longer hot than any other form of heating or water. Even when you turn the heater off, the oil inside remains hot and keep the room warm for longer. When you plug it in, the electricity interacts with the heater’s resistor and this is how the oil is heated up. It works in the same manner as a hotplate, stove and more. In addition, it has oil which a hotplate, for example, does not have.
Key features to consider when shopping for an oil-filled radiator
Now that you are considering an oil-filled radiator it is time to see what matters most and what the key characteristics are to be on the lookout for. You need to look at your budget first and keep in mind that the better it is and the more features it has, the higher the price.
The power matters as you do not want to pay for a heater that does not provide enough heat. The size of the room that you intend to heat also makes a difference. Usually, a radiator heater has a power of between 1500 and 2500 watts while you will seldom get an oil-filled radiator above 2000 watts especially when it is for home use. The minimum wattage you should look at is 600 watts.
The heat settings are important as it determines your comfort level as well as ease of use. Some have buttons while others have a digital display. You could also look for a heater with timer functions, but keep in mind that too much digitization could be trouble too as this type of software and display will be pricey to fix. The heater should have a thermostat with a minimum of two temperature settings. It is important as it will switch off the heater when it reaches a certain temperature.
The design is important as well and it is more than only colour options. Keep in mind that it will stand in the middle of your living room in all probability and you do not want a monstrosity in the middle of your fancy décor. Besides looks is the size and design important as it will tell you how much liquid it can hold. The larger the body the longer it takes to heat up and cool down again as well. It depends on personal preference whether you want larger or more compact.
Listed below are the three top oil-filled radiators that have been tried and tested:
The Prem-I-Air is an excellent buy with a 24 -hour setting and adjustable temperature regulator. The three heat settings ensure that you do not waste power but set it at your desired heat where it will remain. Should anything unforeseen happens, it does have a safety cut out that will turn it off when it reaches its temperature or in case it topples over. It is easy to move around with both a carry or push handle and four castor wheels.
- 24-hour timer
- Three heat settings
- Adjustable thermostat
- Eleven fins
- 2.5 KW
- Frost protection settings
- Tip over safety cut out switch
- 230 V
- Dimensions of 65 x 52 x 25
- A weight of 14.8 kg
- It has an easy-carry handle
- Cord storage integrated
- Power on indicator light
- 4 castor wheels
- The thermostat is controlled by turning a knob
- It comes with a two-year guarantee
- It uses easy to get diathermic oil
- It does not have an auto shut off but does have a safety cut off
The Prem-I-Air is ideal for various uses from homes to large office spaces, bungalows as well as workshops. The interior pipes will not freeze in harsh UK winters with the integrated frost protection control.
Pro Breeze 2500W Digital Oil Filled Radiator
The Pro Breeze is an excellent purchase with its four heat settings, 24-hour timer and digital LCD display. It is packed with features and technology that enables you to use it in small and larger spaces. It will even work well in a large office with its powerful 2500 watts output. Other heat settings for smaller spaces are 1000W and 1500W. It has 10 heating fins that ensure the heat is emanating fast while it keeps the room warmer for longer. It is one of the few oil-filled radiators that comes with a remote control for easy managing of temperatures.
- 24-hour timer allows you to set it to come on a specific time that will ensure you walk into a warm house after work.
- Four heat settings
- Safety cut-off
- Remote control
- LED display
- 2500 watts
- 240 V, 50Hz output
- It features rotating castor wheels
- 1.5-metre-long cable with cable storage space when not in use
- Overheat protection integrated
- Safety tip-over switch
- The automatic thermal cut off will keep it from overheating
- Advanced chimney technology
- A Weight of 17.52 kg
- Dimensions of 52 x 16 x 65 cm
- Adjustable thermostat
- Ten heating fins keep oil hotter for longer and temperatures higher
- Built-in timer
- Easy to move with 4 rotating castor wheels
- LED power indicator tells you with a quick glance if it is powered
- Simple to use
- Some users find the bright LED display disturbing and it cannot be turned off or dimmed while the heater is being used
You have complete control over your home’s heat with the Pro-Breeze. It has a remote control that is simple to use and four variable heat settings. Your chosen temperatures are reached fast while it will maintain its heat long after it is turned off as well. It also comes equipped with an ECO mode that will keep the radiator on until it reaches the pre-set temperature and then automatically switches off.
De’Longhi Dragon 4
The De’Longhi is sturdy and powerful with a white finish that suits any décor. It has variable heat settings that allow for temperature adjustment according to preference. Even on the lowest setting, the room heats incredibly fast. This is due to its chimney effect technology.it has excellent functional features including a power cut out that will stop it from overheating. It comes with a thermostat and a timer as well that you can set for a 24-hour period. The Dragon has a smooth, safe and elegant profile with pre-assembled wheels as well as a cool to the touch carry handle that makes moving it around very easy. It is the ideal heater for places of up to 60 square metres.
- Temperature setting timer for 24-hours
- 2 KW power output
- Three different heat level
- Anti-frost function
- Fast heating technology
- Dragon 4 technology is both functional and aesthetically pleasing
- It uses a chimney effect where cold air is channelled through the hottest part by accelerating hot air through its vents for fast and effective heat flow
- Enlarged finshape design that heats air faster than any other radiator
- It is energy efficient
- Pocket-friendly price tag
- Ten-year warranty
- Elegant and stylish to fit any décor
- Compact at 44 x 16 x 65 cm
- Weighs 15.1 kg
- 240 volts
- 2000 watts
- Some people complain that it makes a creaking sound when you turn it on or off
- When you switch it on for the first time it gives a plastic-burning smell
The De’ Longhi is the perfect oil-filled radiator for overnight use as you will not have to worry that it overheats or be a fire hazard. It has a timer and temperature control that you can pre-set at a specific temperature.