Short On Time? Our Recommended Best Dolce Gusto Machine Is The De'Longhi Nescafé Dolce Gusto Infinissima Pod Capsule! Best Dolce Gusto Machine Review and Buyers' GuideContents1 Best Dolce Gusto Machine Review and Buyers' Guide1.1 De'Longhi Nescafé Dolce Gusto Eclipse Touch (Editors' Choice)1.2 Breville All-in-One Coffee House1.3 Nescafé Dolce Gusto Krups Lumio1.4 Nescafé Dolce Gusto by […]
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Pillow For Neck Pain Is The UUQ Latex Pillow!
- LUXURIOUS 100% NATURAL FROM THAILAND. Latex, obtained from the sap of rubber trees, is called the “White Gold of Thailand”. It is a superior rebounding material that is perfect for pillows as it promotes postural alignment while you sleep, and gently supports your head and neck for unbelievable comfort! And it bounces back to its original form after each night’s rest.
- LOW&HIGH ORTHOPAEDIC DESIGN. Low side of the pillow is ideal for back sleepers, while the high side is perfect for side sleepers who have a larger frame, or simply like a higher pillow.
- MEDIUM FEEL AND LIGHTWEIGHT. A too soft pillow won’t make your head and neck feel supported, while a too firm one, feels uncomfortable. Medium feel provides superior support, and pressure relief, for a deep, rejuvenating sleep, so it’s the best!
- BREATHABLE AND LOW ALLERGENIC. Consisting of millions of interconnecting air cells, latex is breathable - cool in summer and warm in winter. It promotes airflow and allows heat and moisture to escape for a more comfortable sleep. Also - being hypoallergenic and inherently antimicrobial, it is suitable for asthma and allergy sufferers, and is resistant to dust mites and the growth of mould and mildew, providing a healthier sleep surface.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY. We provide a lifetime warranty for all customers, so at any time when you feel unsatisfied, just email us and you will get a full refund. Order now with no risk; Trust UUQ's royal latex pillow and get a good night's sleep from now on. It won't let you down.
Finding the Best Pillow for Neck Pain
If you suffer with any types of headaches, then there is a good chance that the problem is to do with your pillow causing neck pain. Neck pain due to bad pillows can be incredibly uncomfortable and really hinder your quality of sleep.
Fortunately, you are able to get a pillow for neck pain that will really help you fix the problem. Pillows that are specifically designed to help with this problem have a lot of benefits associated with them. Here are just a couple of examples to give you a better idea.
The Benefits of a Pillow for Neck Pain
- Significant Reduction in Pain – If you are waking up with neck pain every morning then there is a good chance that your pillows are the problem. By using a pillow that is specifically designed to remedy this problem, you will definitely find that your pain is significantly reduced.
- Restful Sleep – If you do suffer with pain in your neck and headaches on a regular basis, then you will probably find that you wake up feeling like you simply haven’t slept enough. This can make the simplest of tasks difficult, especially if you constantly feel tired. By using a neck pain pillow you will find that you get a much better night’s sleep and wake up feeling far more rested.
- Reduction in Tension – If you suffer with anxiety or any other stress related illnesses, then it is likely that you will notice that you carry a lot of tension in your neck muscles. Unfortunately, sleeping on an uncomfortable pillow can exacerbate the tension. By using a cervical neck pillow, you can really reduce the tension that you feel in your neck which will in turn allow you to get a better sleep.
How to Choose a Pillow for Neck Pain
If you are planning on buying a side sleeper pillow to help you with your neck pain, then there are a few different things that you will want to look out for in order to make sure that you get the most benefits. Below you will find a list of a few of the biggest things to look for.
The Position that you Sleep In
The position in which you sleep will have a big impact on the type of pillow that you buy. If you sleep on your side, then you will want to get a side sleeper pillow. If you sleep on your back, then you will need a back sleeper pillow and if you sleep on your stomach then you should choose a stomach sleeper. This will enable you to get the full benefit.
The Thickness of the Pillow
The thickness of the pillow is equally as important. If you suffer with neck pain or tension headaches, then you will need to make sure that the pillow is just the right thickness. If it is too thin then it is not going to offer enough support, whereas if it is too thick then it is going to cause further strain on your neck muscles.
The Pillow Material
Again, this is another important thing that will need careful consideration. You need to make sure that the material is comfortable for you to sleep on. The most popular choice for neck pain is memory foam, but you can also get duck and goose down, cotton and more. Generally speaking, memory foam is going to offer you the most amount of support.
These are just three things that should factor into your decision, there are plenty of other things that you will need to consider including the price that you are happy to pay. One of the best things that you can do before making a purchase is to read some reviews. To take some of the work out of this, we have tried and tested our top three choices. Please see our reviews below for a better idea of what to expect.
3. UUQ Latex Pillow
UUQ are a Chinese company that have been in the industry for more than thirty years. They currently produce a range of linen products and soft furnishings and have spent a lot of time building quite a good reputation for themselves. We weren’t really sure what to expect from them, but we were very pleased with the results of their latex pillow for neck pain.
- 100% Natural Latex Material
- Anti Dust Mite
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Has both a high and low orthopaedic design so it’s great for both shoulder and neck pain.
- It has tiny air pockets for better ventilation.
- Hypoallergenic so perfect for those who suffer with asthma or allergies.
- It is a little expensive.
- The initial new latex smell is a little off-putting.
When we first took a look at this pillow we were very surprised by the size. It comes vacuum packed and is very small indeed. Once it is taken out of the packaging, the pillow expands to its full size, which is the same size as a standard pillow. It took a matter of seconds for the pillow to expand and settle which is great.
The one thing that did concern us slightly was the new latex smell which is very noticeable once the pillow is taken out of the packaging. It was a little off putting. However, after around 24 hours the smell had reduced significantly and within 2 days it had gone completely.
In terms of design, this orthopaedic pillow is fantastic. It has both a high and low orthopaedic design so it is suitable for both back sleepers and side sleepers. One of the things that we really liked about this pillow is the hundreds of tiny pockets of air. This allows sufficient ventilation all over the pillow which adds to the comfort.
After using the pillow for a few days, we have to say that we were really impressed. It is very comfortable and designed really well. The only real downside is that it is a little pricey, but you certainly get what you pay for.
2. Water Pillow by Mediflow
Mediflow has a solid reputation as a manufacturer of therapeutic pillows, so we were really excited to get a chance to test their water based pillow. We hadn’t seen anything else like this on the market, so we weren’t really sure whether it would perform well or not, but we were very impressed with this one.
- Holofill Fibre and Hypoallergenic Cotton Material
- Adjustable Firmness
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- You can adjust how soft or firm you would like the pillow to be.
- Easy to fill with water.
- Very comfortable to sleep on.
- The sound of water sloshing around can be quite irritating.
We really had no idea what to expect with this one. Water beds have always been popular, but we had never heard of a water based pillow before. We have to say after testing the pillow we were pleasantly surprised by how well it performed.
Filling the pillow itself is very easy. It is provided with a small funnel that can be placed into the filling port which allows you to fill it as much or as little as you desire. The good thing is that you can choose how soft or firm you want the pillow to be. We found this really helpful for all types of headaches caused by neck pain.
There was one issue that we had when trying out this pillow. We found that as we were moving around in our sleep, the pillow would make quite a loud sloshing sound due to the water moving around. If you are a heavy sleeper this probably won’t be too much of an issue but for a light sleeper it could cause problems.
In terms of comfort, this pillow is great. We found it very comfortable at numerous levels of firmness. It is quite expensive for one pillow, but again, you get what you pay for. We’d really recommend this one.
1. CalmingBreath Buckwheat Pillow - Our Top Choice
CalmingBreath is a small company that sells numerous pillows, cushions and upholstery with yoga in mind. Knowing this, we were definitely looking forward to trying their buckwheat pillow as we know that yoga can be very beneficial for neck pain. We were not disappointed with this one and it takes our number one spot today.
- Cotton Cover, Buckwheat Filled
- Off White
- Very effective pillow.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Well designed.
- Well ventilated.
- A little expensive.
Starting off, we were a little taken aback by the appearance of this buckwheat pillow. We took it out of the packaging and noticed that it looked really thin. First of all we were worried that it would be too thin to be supportive but this was definitely not the case.
The pillow itself actually feels really firm and very comfortable. We found it excellent for relieving back pain and neck pain. It really improved the quality of sleep. The cotton casing of the pillow is very soft to the touch and incredibly comfortable to sleep on.
One thing that we really liked was the ventilation that is built into the pillow; it helps the air to circulate very effectively so it doesn’t feel too hot or too cold and stops pollutants from becoming trapped in the fabric.
Overall, this was definitely our favourite of the three. It is incredibly simple yet highly effective and very comfortable. If you can afford to spend a little extra money, then we would definitely recommend this pillow from CalmingBreath.
Hopefully now you have a much better idea of the right type of pillow for neck pain for you. All three of these are great options, so take your pick.