Best LED Rechargeable Torches
Let’s face it: you never realize how convenient having a torch is until you actually need one. Any home needs a few torches; you never know when you may need one and they are especially handy if the power goes out. It is one of a few household gadgets you should definitely invest in. If you are fond of camping or other outdoor activities at night, then you definitely need a few torches.
One irritating aspect of torches is when the batteries die. Not only is that annoying, but chances are that the batteries they do take are an odd size that you probably do not have lying about the house. If you invest in a rechargeable torch, you can avoid this problem altogether. There are a few aspects that you should consider before buying your LED rechargeable torch:
- What size do you need?- Rechargeable LED torches come in all sorts of sizes, from very tiny to large, bright spotlight. If you need a torch for day to day or on special occasions only, you probably just need a small or mid-size torch. If you are an avid camper or foresee yourself using your torch outdoors, consider buying a larger, more powerful one.
- Rechargeable or disposable batteries?- When rechargeable torches were more novel and not as ubiquitous, they were quite expensive compared to ones powered by disposable batteries. Nowadays, LED rechargeable torches have become more affordable. If you can help it, buying a rechargeable torch is better for the environment (you will not be throwing away used batteries) and your wallet (you will not be spending money on extra disposable batteries.).
Having a torch is paramount to having a safe, lit home, and they even make great housewarming gifts (chances are, if someone has just moved, they will not have a torch handy in their new place). If you have a garage as well, it is vital that you keep at least one torch in there. You never know when you will need a torch most, but it is better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it. Keep reading on to see which rechargeable LED torches are out top rated products.
Best in Show
Semlos 12 LED Super Bright LED Flashlight
Our pick for the best LED rechargeable torch is the Semlos 12. This super bright light is made with six LED lamps to create a smooth, unbroken beam. The LED bulbs are high performance and last throughout 50 thousand hours of use. It is made of durable aircraft-grade aluminium that is finished with a hard-anodized anti-abrasive coating, rendering it skid and shock proof. This way, you can use it in the rain, while camping, cycling, and climbing. This torch comes with a wide array of additional features:
- With purchase of this torch, you also will receive a USB charging cable as well as a user manual.
- It has four adaptable settings (high, medium, low, and strobe) giving you control of how bright the light is. By using the light on a lower setting, you can also help to extend the torch’s battery life.
- The built-in power indicator helps you to identify the battery level and charging status so that you always know how much life is left in the torch.
- One user noted that the beam produced by the torch is about as bright at a car headlight.
- The on/off switch glows green in the darkness, making it easy to turn on and off, even in the lowest of light. No more fumbling around in the dark with a clunky torch that will not seem to turn on!
Cons:Some reviewers have complained that this light is a bit heavy.
- This torch is rather large, so it will not fit into a trouser pocket.
This torch utilizes Insulation Protection Technology which you can use to control the insulation of the flashlight. This is another way to extend the battery life of the torch. This light is effective over long and wide distances, in your home or outdoors. Use it for special outdoor activities like camping or hiking, or use it indoors for every day tasks like fixing a leaky tap.
Best Large Beam
Rechargeable CREE LED Torch
If you are looking for a heavy duty rechargeable LED torch, then look no further. This torch provides a brightness of 650 lumen, which serves to illuminate even the darkest light. There are actually two separate lights in this particular torch. The front light provides two brightness levels: high brightness at 650 lumen and low brightness at 300 lumen. There is also a light along the side of the torch as well.
At full brightness, the side light emits 100 lumens and at half light, it emits 50 lumens. In addition
to producing white light out of its side, this torch also can emit a red light for emergency situations. This torch also has these added features:
- The torch is charged with a USB charging cable and the battery can even serve as a power bank for your cellphone case of an emergency.
- Four blue LED lights are inset to display the battery level; that way, you know right away when you need to charge the batteries.
- The torch handle is ergonomically designed so you can hold it comfortably. It also comes with an adjustable shoulder strap that can be detached easily.
- This torch is extremely lightweight, making is easy to bring anywhere you may need it.
- The battery capacity of this torch is much, much stronger than other torches at the same price-point.
- The charging cable is USB to USB, not USB to microUSB, which is more common. You must be careful not to lose the charging cable, as these types of cables are difficult to find.
This torch is lightweight and will come in handy in a multitude of situations you may find yourself in. With so many functions, this torch can be used for almost anything. Whether you use your torch when hiking, camping, hunting, exploring, cycling, or just walking your dog, this one is top notch.
BINWO High Power Rechargeable Torch
If you need a torch for household use, or just to have handy if the power goes out at night, then the BINWO High Power Rechargeable Torch checks all of the boxes for you. A modern optics system paired with a bright LED chip allows this torch to shine super brightly. This torch is also water resistant, anti-abrasive, and skid proof. This torch is great if you are planning on taking it with you; it would be perfectly suited to fitting in a purse or even a backpack.
This torch includes all of these features and even some added extras:
- The super bright L2 LED lights shine for over 250 metres and is operable for almost 100 thousand hours of use.
- When plugged in, the battery utilizes Double Protection Advanced technology to automatically turn off when it is fully charged. This makes the charging safe to use, and provides the user with peace of mind. No need to worry about surprise electrical fires when charging this torch!
- Flashing LED lights indicate the battery level. A red light indicates charging, and a blue light indicates that it is fully charged.
- The torch comes with five different operational light modes including high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS. You can also adjust the focus of the beam to make it either a flood light or a spot light. A full press will turn on or off the torch, while a lighter half press will cycle through all five light modes.
- This torch is small but mighty and users claim that it can illuminate even the widest path outside in the darkness.
- Both the lens and the metal body of this torch can be taken apart for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Some reviewers have noted that the zoom function is very easily triggered, which can be a slight annoyance.
This torch is great for outdoor activities like camping, hiking, cycling, or dog walking. It is also perfect for around the house use, whenever you may need a little bit of extra light. Yes, this torch is rechargeable. It runs on an included 18650 battery. If you do want to use disposable batteries in this torch, however, you can. It also runs on 3 AAA batteries if you do not have time to fully charge your other one.
This affordable packs a mighty bang for your buck. It has a stupendously long battery life for its size and the beam it can produce is incredible. It is so versatile in that you can narrow the beam to pinpoint one object you wish to illuminate. You can also widen the beam to illuminate an entire area in front of you (this is particularly useful if you find yourself walking your dog in the dark outside at night or in the early morning).
Purchase of this torch also includes one 18650 charger, one USB charging cable, one plastic tube, one AAA battery holder, and a user manual.