- 1 The Best Spray Mop Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Favourite & Most Affordable Spray Mop (2020 Updated) -
- 1.2 The Leifheit Comfort Easy Spray Mop (Editors Choice)
- 1.3 Our Verdict - Which Spray Mop Is The Best For Cleaning Your Floors?
- 1.4 What To Look For In a Best Spray Mop? (Our Buying Guide)
- 1.5 Best Features To Consider In a Spray Mop
- 1.6 What Is a Spray Mop?
- 1.7 Benefits Of Using a Spray Mop
- 1.8 DIY Cleaning Solutions For Your Spray Mop
- 1.9 How To Mop Your Floors Efficiently With a Spray Mop
- 1.10 FAQs
- 1.11 Our #1 Spray Mop Recommendation For Cleaning Your Floors
The Best Spray Mop Reviews & Buying Guide
Spray mops are a perfect way to clean the hardwood floors in your home, not only are they very convenient but they can also help cut down how much time you spend cleaning.
Some spray mops also have machine-washable cleaning pads and are easy to use thanks to their lightweight.
However, due to the popularity, there are many different kinds of spray mops on the market; from electrical versions to handheld manual mops.
We've rounded up the best spray mop models below to help you decide which floor spray mops model is right for you.
Our Favourite & Most Affordable Spray Mop (2020 Updated) -
The Leifheit Comfort Easy Spray Mop (Editors Choice)
If you are looking for an affordable highly-rated best spray mop, this Leifheit model might be worth taking a look at. The spray mop comes with floor wiper and a 650ml re-fillable spray cartridge for cleaning surfaces with no interruption.
Design-wise the sprayer releases mist to clean wooden floors or laminated floors easily, its dual fibre micro floor cleaner pad can also help lift dirt and stains or absorb any liquids spilt on hardwood floors.
The spray mop additionally features a rotational joint that can access hard to reach places such as under furniture. This floor cleaner can further clean larger areas due to its 42cm width, and its mop head pad is machine washable too.
This Leifheit best budget spray mop is one of the best mop models to buy on our list thanks to its affordable price and well-built design which allows you to get to hard to reach places and clean quicker due to its larger size.
The spray cartridge of this mop is also large, which means you can be cleaning for longer without having to re-fill your mop with water.
Negatives of this best spray mops model have to be its design which is said to snap easily around the handle, some have also noted that the spray can become weaker after long term use.
- Affordable with large spray cartridge.
- Microfibre cleaning cloth that can be washed and re-used.
- Rotational joint to get to difficult areas.
- Large width.
- Lightweight design.
- Can be used with a cleaning solution.
- Cheap build-quality with very delicate handle.
- The spray can become weak after long-term use.
Our High Budget Choice! - Inelbo HOME Floor Cleaner Wireless Electronic Spray Mop
This electronic spray mop cleaner by Inelbo comes with two detachable round cleaning pads for polishing all floor types or floor cleaning.
Design-wise the electronic spray mop runs wirelessly and can last for 30-40 minutes after being charged; there is also a spare battery included for extra running time.
The spraying mop can also be charged within 2.5 hours and has a 300ml water tank capacity for easy cleaning.
Its spray mop system can be moved around easily due to its ergonomic stretch tube and handle which rotates when spraying. There are also two extra cloths for cleaning and two for polishing wooden floors included, plus a measuring cup and charging adaptor.
Overall, this Inelbo HOME electronic spray mop is excellent for getting dirt and dust out of your hard floors and can leave a nice shine to wooden floors thanks to its polishing pads.
This spray mop is also very comfortable to use due to its ergonomic design and long running time.
Downfalls of the spray mop are its high price. This spray mop is also not suitable for hard to reach corners because of its round design.
- Wireless for more freedom when cleaning.
- Easy to use and comfortable design.
- Polishing mop heads.
- Can be used on a variety of hard floors.
- Long-running time with spare battery included.
- Round cleaning pad means it can't clean corners.
The Bona Spray Mop
This Bona spray mop is very affordable and can be used on all kinds of hard floors such as; laminate, tiles and vinyl. The spray mop also includes a water tank for spray cleaning solutions.
Feature-wise the spray mop also comes with a pH-neutral cleaner that can be applied in combination with the spray mop heads for cleaning stubborn stains out of wooden floors or tiles.
The cleaning pad can additionally be removed and is machine washable.
The Bona spray mop is very affordable and easy to use, which makes cleaning quick and fun. Its great value for money too as it includes its cleaning solutions that can help remove stains from most floor types.
Downfalls of the spray mop have to be its cleaning pad which may not be strong enough to remove heavy-duty stains from wood floors.
- Very light and easy to use.
- Re-fillable water spray.
- Cleaning solution included.
- Removable cleaning pad.
- Cleaning pad may not be strong enough for heavy-duty stains on floors.
Vileda 1-2 Flat Spray Mop
The Vileda flat spray mop comes with an integrated spray design within the mops handle; it also boasts a high-quality microfibre cleaning pad that can remove over 99% of bacteria without a cleaning solution needed.
It's easy to use design can be controlled via its trigger, allowing you to determine how much water you spray when cleaning, the model also features a pivoting head for cleaning under challenging areas.
This mops model can be handled on a variety of hard floors such as hardwood floors and ceramic tiles, the mop heads pad is also machine washable.
Overall, the Vileda 1-2 best spray mop has a unique integrated water holder within its handle, making the model as a whole very compact and easy to use. Its design is also perfect if you want to avoid using chemicals from the cleaning solution.
Downfalls of the Vileda model have to be spray design which is reported to leak when you turn the mop upside down to look at the cleaning pad.
- Affordable with integrated water holder.
- Removes 99% of bacteria without a cleaning solution.
- Pivoting head.
- Can be used on hardwood floors or tiles.
- The mop is reported to leak when turned upside down.
DEERMA Spray Mop
The DEERMA spray mop comes at a reasonable price and features a 360-degree swivelling head spray mop with a re-fillable 350ml spray bottle for quick cleaning.
Significant specifications of this model are its eight microfibre pads that it comes with, these pads can all be re-used and mopped with on a variety of hardwood floors or tiles.
The trigger also allows you to control the specific amount of water you need to clean with.
Additionally, the best spray mop can reach a distance of 95cm for better coverage when cleaning, paired with its extra-long 1.2m mop for better reach in far places. This mop is likewise made of high-quality ABS and only weighs 0.75kg for easy use.
This lightweight DEERMA spray mop is exceptionally comfortable to use when cleaning and very reliable thanks to its high-quality material and eight microfibre pads included.
The large spray area can also cut down cleaning time and allow you to get a room cleaned much quicker than a standard mop.
However, this DEERMA model does come with its disadvantages. For example, the mop might not be able to clean heavy-duty stains due to its lightweight.
You should also avoid using too much cleaning solution with the spray model as this can cause wood floors to become greasy when cleaning.
The bottle capacity is additionally smaller, which means you will need to refill it often.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- 360 degrees rotating head.
- Eight microfibre cloths included.
- High quality build.
- Large spray area for quick cleaning.
- Small spray cartridge.
- Not suitable for heavy-duty stains.
- Becomes greasy if used with too much cleaning solution.
Our Verdict - Which Spray Mop Is The Best For Cleaning Your Floors?
To conclude, the best spray mop model on our list has to be the Leifheit Comfort Easy Spray Mop. The Leifheit model is the best mop due to its affordable price and large spray cartridge which allows you to use this mop for an extended period without having to re-fill too often.
This mop is also one of the best models because of its large width and rotational mop head, which makes it easy to use and clean in difficult places or larger rooms.
As a runner up, we would also suggest checking out the wireless Inelbo HOME Floor Cleaner, this electronic mop may be expensive but is worth it if you want to invest in cleaning your wooden floors.
The mop is excellent due to its polishing ability and long-running time, allowing you to deep clean your floors easily compared to other spray mops on our list.
What To Look For In a Best Spray Mop? (Our Buying Guide)
The best spray mops tend to have a similar design; however, they differ in some features such as water capacity, reusable cleaning cloths and rotatable mop head designs.
It can be hard to determine what you need to know about these mops and the different features you should be looking for in models.
So we've put together our fool-proof spray mop best buying guide below to help you out -
Best Features To Consider In a Spray Mop
From ergonomic handles to rotatable mop head designs, spray mops can come with a variety of different features for floor cleaning.
We've listed out the best features for you to consider in your floor mop below -
- Electric or manual? - Some spray mops can come as an electrical floor mop. This means the spraying and cleaning will be done for you and they can often handle heavy-duty cleaning much better than manual models. However, they are costly, so manual models are the best floor mop models to consider if you are on a budget.
- Water cartridge capacity - You need to make sure your spray bottle can hold a decent amount of water; otherwise, you will be re-filling it constantly when cleaning.
- Cleaning pads - Make sure your spray mop comes with more than one cleaning pad; this will ensure you can put one in to wash and have another to use in the meantime. Microfibre mop head cloths are the best as they absorb liquid quickly and help kill bacteria.
- Weight - Even though a spray mop is easy to use, you must get a mop that isn't too heavy unless you want to get tired quickly when cleaning.
- Accessories - Some mop head designs are rotatable or flexible so as they can fit in corners and under furniture easily.
- Size - You want your mop head to be of a medium size so as your mops model can clean quickly, but not be too large so as it cannot fit into corners.
- Floor-type - Make sure your spray mop can be used on the floor you wish to clean, some floors can be sensitive to specific cleaning solutions and water, so this is something to consider before trying out your best mop.
- Durability - Spray mop models can get broken easily due to their lightweight plastic handles and spray system, which over time can snap after repeated use. High-quality material is something to look for in these designs.
- Warranty - Like every appliance, you must make sure your floor mop comes with warranty incase the mop's design arrives faulty or breaks easily.
What Is a Spray Mop?
Spray mops operate by using a microfibre cloth on the bottom of there mop head for easy floor cleaning. This cloth is used in combination with a spray system that releases a small amount of water from its bottle; this bottle is usually attached to the body of the mop.
The bottle can be re-filled with your cleaning solution when using the mop, the microfibre design is also suitable for use on hard floor surfaces and can either dry liquids or clean depending on the scenario.
Benefits Of Using a Spray Mop
One of the best benefits of using a spray mop is that it stops you from having to change your mops water often and re-fill.
Still, there are also lots of other benefits to buying one of these best mop models that you might not have considered.
- Uses less water - Spray mop models use much less water than your average floor mop due to their spray systems which enable you to have precise control over the amount of water you use in small bursts.
- Speeds up cleaning time - Due to the refillable spray bottle, this stops you from having to carry around and re-fill a bucket all the time. Large floor mop heads also cover a larger area, saving you time.
- Versatility - These best mop models can be applied on nearly any kind of flooring and can likewise be used for clearing up spillages due to their absorbent pads.
- Ease of use - The design of these mops are so simple to use, they do everything in just one device and are safe to use for kids too. They are also great for people with back pain as it stops you from having to bend over when cleaning.
- Lightweight - These mops tend to be very lightweight to clean with, unlike traditional mops, allowing you to clean for more extended periods without getting tired.
DIY Cleaning Solutions For Your Spray Mop
Using a spray mop allows you to get creative with your cleaning solutions, you can try adding in your favourite floor cleaner or essential oils to the water.
However, we've also listed out some money-saving homemade recipes for you to try out on your floors below.
You might be thinking, surely dish soap will leave my floors sticky? Well, it will, but only if you put too much, a small amount of dish soap can be a very effective cleaner for your floors.
Mix around 60ml of dishwashing liquid with approximately 750ml of water for a cheap homemade cleaner to use with your floor mop.
Vinegar is pretty much the holy grail of homemade cleaning solutions. Whether you use it with spin mop models or wet mop models, vinegar can be a natural chemical-free disinfectant to try out on your floors.
Try mixing around 120ml of white vinegar with around four litres of water for cleaning the whole house. You could also jazz this solution up by adding in some essential oils or lemon juice for a better scent when cleaning with your wet mop.
Using window cleaner with your best mop is a great way to clean tiled floors effectively, this solution is most excellent for avoiding streaks and can leave your floors sparkling after cleaning.
All you need to do is mix equal amounts of water and window cleaner, and you have a floor mop cleaning solution to use on your vinyl floors.
How To Mop Your Floors Efficiently With a Spray Mop
You might think mopping is easy and straightforward; however, you can be mopping in a very time-consuming way if you don't know how to mop properly.
With some simple tips, however, you can be confident you are cleaning your floors correctly with a mop.
This step is essential, if you don't sweep your rooms before using your mop, then you will be left with pet hairs, and dirt all stuck to your mop and the floor.
Give your room a quick vacuum and sweep to get rid of dust; this will allow you to have a cleaner run with your mop.
Use less cleaning solution
Never go overboard with your cleaning soap, if you do, this can result in a sticky and streaky looking floor. Instead, opt for a smaller part of cleaner and more water. This will be enough to wash most floors.
Stay calm with the water
Use minimal water when cleaning, if you put too much, it will be a pain to clear up and often will leave streaks also. The whole point of spray mops is that they should leave you floors nearly dry after cleaning.
Start at the back
Always begin with your floor mop at the back of the room you are cleaning, as you spin mop then work your way out the room, starting near the exit means you will have to walk back over all your hard work.
Check your cleaning pad
Spray mops cleaning pads can get dirty fast, so if your floors water is starting to look a little dirty its a good idea to stick another pad on and throw that one in the wash.
Is a spray mop suitable for a vinyl floor?
Yes, these mops are perfect for cleaning on vinyl floors, do make sure to use the correct cleaning solution, however.
Can I use one of these spray mop models to dry liquids?
Most of these mops can be used to dry liquid and spillages thanks to their microfibre cloths that absorb water quickly when cleaning.
Could I clean walls with one of these models?
Yes absolutely, as long as you model is not too heavy and your pad is clean, you can clean bathroom wall tiles with one of these mops easily.
Are the cleaning pads washable?
Yes, most of these models cleaning pads can be machine washed after cleaning. It's a good idea to make sure your mop comes with a spare washing pad so as you can use one while the other is being cleaned.
What kind of floors can I use a spray mop on?
You can apply these best mops UK wise on a variety of floors such as vinyl, tiles, hardwood and laminated flooring.
How easy is it to clean corners with?
This depends on the size of your mops head, however, due to their rectangular shapes (except for some round models) most can clean corners reasonably well.
Can I use the best spray mop without sweeping?
No, it would help if you always tried to vacuum or sweep your house first before mopping. If not, your risk hairs, dust and other debris building up on your mops pad and sticking all over your floor.
Are they OK to use on hardwood floors?
Yes, these mops are perfect to use on hardwood floors as they use very little water during the cleaning process.
Is a spray mop better than a steam mop?
Steam mops tend to be better as they use hot steam to sterilise floors and can leave them with a better shine than a spray mop.
However, steam mops come with a price, so using a spray model can be a great substitute that still leaves your floors semi-dry after cleaning.
Can I use laundry detergent to mop the floor?
Yes, you can use laundry detergent as a low priced floor cleaner, make sure to add a small amount with warm water and mix well before using.
How often should I mop my floor?
It would be best if you mopped your floor every time it starts to look dirty. This could be more often if you have pets or children. It's best to give your house a good mop around once a week to maintain cleanliness.
Can these mops leave streaks on my floor?
These mops tend to leave minimal streaking on your floor due to their microfibre pads that absorb any streaking and excess liquid that could leave marks.
Our #1 Spray Mop Recommendation For Cleaning Your Floors
The number one spray mop model on our list is the Leifheit Comfort Easy Spray Mop. We placed this mop at the top of our list due to its affordable price and straightforward design, which allows you to clean in hard to reach places and has a large water spray bottle, meaning you can clean more and re-fill less.
As a higher-priced alternative mop, we also suggest considering the electric Inelbo HOME Floor Cleaner due to its polishing function and long running time.