Short on time? Here’s our pick;
- Compact design: only 199mm high to fit the tightest of spaces
- Ultra low starting temperature: as low as 50°C, perfect for all stoves with a flat top and for convector type twin skinned and topped stoves
- Unrivalled performance: pushing at a huge rate of 420 feet a minute; Fan requires no batteries or external power
- Thermally controlled actuator for optimum Peltier performance; Inbuilt protection system to stop the fan overheating
- Dynamically balanced fan for unrivalled motor life, balance & output; Optimum operating temperature range 80-250°C (175 – 480°F)
Best Stove Fans For Your Money
If you have a wood burning stove or oven, you already know that they are more efficient and save you more money compared to radiators or electric heaters. Whether your stove is in the lounge, a bedroom, a box room, or even a basement, these heat powered fans will increase their productivity and save you money in fuel costs.
We have curated a list of the best stove fans that are available on the market today.
Valiant FIR361 IV Review
Valiant is a small business based in Hertfordshire that provides heating solutions to households across the UK and beyond. They offer a full range of wood burning stoves and fireside accessories to fully accommodate their customers and provide them with the best possible products and services possible.
All of Valiant’s products are manufactured in Europe or China by their own specialised team. They are committed to providing the best customer service possible in order to incorporate buyer feedback into their products. Their products are perfect for free standing homes, mobile homes, narrow boats, or even on kitchen ranges and hobs.
The Valiant FIR361 Premium IV 4-Blade Heat Powered Log Burner and Stove Fan is a fantastic purchase for your heat source, whether it is a log burner or a stove, in your living room. It is only 199 mm high, meaning that it is compact enough to fit in even the tightest of spaces. The base plate width is 110 mm and the base plate depth is 75 mm. The total fan depth is 100 mm and this small fan weighs in at a measly 550 grams.
This stove fan also has a super low starting temperature. It begins to spin at temperatures as low as 50 degrees Celsius making it the perfect companion for stoves with a flat top as well as convector stoves. The optimum operating temperature range is 80 degrees Celsius to 250 degrees Celsius. This fan is small but so mighty, as it can push warm air at a rate of up to 420 feet per minute, making is an ultra efficient way to circulate heat around the room. This fan supplies up to 70 percent more air flow than similar products on the UK market.
This fan is powered by heat, so there are no batteries or external power sources required. It automatically slows down and stops completely when the heat from the stove dies and burns out. In fact, it also contains a thermally controlled actuator for peak circulation performance as well as a patented protection system in order to keep the fan from overheating.
The way this fan works is that heat is conducted through its base and then converted to electricity to power the quiet fan motor. The fan itself has a black anodised finish, making it extremely durable and long lasting. Of course, this fan circulates the warmth radiated from your stove more quickly and efficiently, however this is not the only benefit of the fan. Installation of this product will also save you bundles of money in the long run because you will save on fuel costs.
If you do not have a fan on your wood burning stove, you will end up losing a lot of heat because the warm air will rise up instead of out. Installation of this fan allows the heated air to be diverted horizontally to fill the whole room instead of just the area of ceiling directly above the wood burning stove.
- Customers have remarked that this stove fan is beautifully made and incredibly durable.
- Purchase of this fan comes with a two year product warranty from Valiant, securing you with peace of mind and fantastic customer service.
- A few buyers have remarked that this fan is a bit noisy, especially when the temperature is high and the fan is running fast.
- This fan is considerably more expensive compared to other ones of the same calibre, however it is well worth the price.
The Valiant FIR361 Premium IV 4-Blade Heat Powered Log Burner and Stove Fan is a great purchase if you have a wood burning stove or other nontraditional heat source for your home. It is small, quiet, and efficient, making it one of the best stove fans on the market today in the UK.
Fyore 8 Review
The Fyore 8 Blade Stove Fan is actually two stove fans in one. Two four blade fans are mounted on one base for maximum efficiency for hot air circulation from you wood burning stove or oven.
The Fyore stove fan does not require batteries or electricity to operate. Instead it uses heat from your stove to directly power the fan in order to disperse the heat around the living space. This dual fan utilises thermo-electric technology to easily and efficiently heat your home.
The black metal, eight blade design is sleek and subtle, ensuring that it will fit in seamlessly with your household decor. This fan is small but mighty; the dimensions are 21 cm by 13.8 cm by 10 cm. It only weighs in at 833 g, ensuring that it is easy to move around if you wish to store it away during the warmer months when you will not use your stove as much.
The starting temperature of this dual fan is as low as 40 degrees Celsius. When the heat from the stove hits 40 degrees Celsius, the fans begin to spin automatically. The heat is converted to electricity by the fan itself. The speed of the fan varies with the temperature. The higher the temperature, the faster the fans will run. The fans can spin up to 1200 rotations per minute.
- Customers have remarked that this fan is extremely easy to install on your wood burning stove.
- This fan is great for homes that are open-plan. Larger spaces are harder to move heat around in, and this fan solves that problem.
- The bottom of this fan is fitted with a bimetallic safety device. If the temperature goes above 300 degrees Celsius, the safety device will raise the front of the fan in order to protect the motor from overheating.
- This fan is twice as large as most stove fans, so it is suited best to larger stoves and ovens.
If you are looking to reduce your fuel cost and increase the amount of heat put out by your wood burning stove, then the Fyore 8 Blade Stove Fan is definitely for you. This heat powered stove fan is small but mighty and will not leave you disappointed.
This particular stove fan is another dual-headed model much like the Fyore 8 Blade Stove Fan. Its design is also similar, as it again is two four blade fans mounted to the same base.
With eight blades, The CRSure heat powered stove fan is able to circulate 50 percent more warm air than the standard four blade fan.
This fan is made of black anodised aluminium so that it is protected from rust, is extremely durable, and is a good thermal conductor.
One great aspect about this heat powered stove fan is that there is no assembly required and definitely no tricky installation either. This stove fan comes assembled right in the box so that all you have to do is pull it out and place it on top of your stove or heater.
The minimum operating temperature of this particular model is around 50 degrees Celsius. Once the heater hits this minimum temperature, the fan blades will begin to spin and circulate hot air around the room. The temperature range that this fan best operates in is 50 to 340 degrees Celsius. At its fastest, this heat powered stove fan runs at 1970 rotations each minute and can blow warm air up to 640 feet per minute.
Another great additional feature that is included with this stove fan is its patented overheating protection technology. Also, even when this fan is running at its fastest speed, it is extremely quiet; it runs under 25 decibels.
- Unlike other similar stove top fans, this one has an exceptionally low starting temperature, which is great especially if your heater does not run on very high temperatures.
- Purchase of this stove fan also comes with a handy temperature gauge that is comparable with most heating stoves.
- Some customers have complained that this fan is not as quiet as advertised.
- Some buyers have noted that you must be extremely careful when cleaning the blades of this fan because they are exceptionally delicate.
This dual air fan is a fantastic purchase, especially if you happen to have a larger than average stove. The twin fans throw out plenty of heat and will be sure to keep you cosy in those cold winter months.
The Galafire Eco Wood Stove Fan is an economical and efficient choice when it comes to the best stove fans available in the UK. The black anodized metal design of this particular model ensures its durability and reliability. You can be sure that this stove top fan will serve to heat your home for years and years to come.
If you use your heating stove without a fan, most of the heat that is put out from it rises directly above the stove and gathers up on the ceiling. This is no good, as you will have to wait a long time to feel the warmth and also, a lot of the heat will be wasted because the heat will just rise and escape the room eventually. By installing a blade stove fan, you instead allow this heated air to be circulated around the room instead of just lost to the space right above the stove.
The Galafire Eco Wood Stove Fan works without any electricity. It generates its own power by converting the heat from the wood stove into electricity that powers the rotary motor. Simply place the fan on top of the log burner and it will begin to work automatically when it reaches the operating temperature of 50 degrees Celsius. Even when it is running at its top speed of 1000 rotations each minute, this fan is unbelievably quiet and unlike an electric cooling fan, does not circulate the heat around the room with the same feel of wind. By increasing the efficiency of your stove with this fan, you will save money because you will end up burning less fuel.
The dimensions of this fan is 180 mm by 95 mm by 190 mm. It is small enough to fit on even the tiniest wood stove, yet it still packs a heated punch.
Purchase of this product of course comes with the fan itself, but it also includes a handy stove thermometer as well. Have you ever wondered just how hot your wood burning stove gets? Well, now you can find out.
- This particular fan is incredibly quiet, so you can keep your stove burning and the fan running without fear of disturbing others in your home.
- This fan, while sturdy and strong, is still lightweight and compact enough so that you can move it around if you so desire.
- This fan does not work on top of a radiator or a gas space heater. It must be used on something like a log burner that has a flat surface to put the fan on.
- This fan will not work efficiently if your stove has an operating temperature of below 100 degrees Celsius.
The Galafire Eco Wood Stove Fan is a very handy little gadget that offers great value for money. This is one of the best stove fans on the market today in the UK.
Burning Sister Review
If you have a smaller heating stove than average, then you will need a stove fan to match. The Small Silent Wood Log Burner Stove Fan from Burning Sister is a mini stove fan that fits the bill perfectly.
This four blade metal stove fan packs a serious punch in a small and compact package. No electricity is required; instead, this fan is heat powered. The motor inside the fan converts heat energy to electrical energy in order for it to spin. Simply place this fan on top of your stove when it is between 50 degrees Celsius and 350 degrees Celsius for warm air circulation. This mini fan can circulate hot air up to 270 feet each minute.
This particular fan also includes an inbuilt protection system to prevent the fan’s motor from overheating.
- This fan begins running very easily and runs without a noise. It even continues to run once the fire has died down, provided the stove itself remains warm enough.
- This fan will allow you to use less fuel to heat your house, which will in turn save you a lot of money going forward.
- This product leans a bit towards the expensive side, especially considering that it is much smaller than stove top fans usually are.
- If you have a larger stove, you may have to get more than one of these fan in order to effectively circulate hot air around the room.
This mini heat powered fan is a stupendous little gadget to have around the house, especially if you have a smaller stove or a small room that houses the stove.