Short On Time? Our Recommended Best Dolce Gusto Machine Is The De'Longhi Nescafé Dolce Gusto Infinissima Pod Capsule! Best Dolce Gusto Machine Review and Buyers' GuideContents1 Best Dolce Gusto Machine Review and Buyers' Guide1.1 De'Longhi Nescafé Dolce Gusto Eclipse Touch (Editors' Choice)1.2 Breville All-in-One Coffee House1.3 Nescafé Dolce Gusto Krups Lumio1.4 Nescafé Dolce Gusto by […]
Our Top Tens Machine (2020 Updated)
- 1 Our Top Tens Machine (2020 Updated)
- 1.1 The Premier Plus Rechargeable TENS Machine (Editor's Choice)
- 1.2 Our Runner Up! - Prorelax EMS & TENS Machine
- 1.3 Smart TENS Digital Dual Channel TENS Machine
- 1.4 EMPI NEW Direct TENS Machine
- 1.5 Premier Plus Rechargeable TENS Machine
- 1.6 TEC.BEAN Tens Machine
- 1.7 What To Look For In A TENS Machine
- 1.8 Best Features In A TENS Machine
- 1.9 Our #1 TENS Machine Choice
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best TENS Machine Is The Premier Plus Rechargeable TENS Machine!
- Replacement batteries not required fitted with a rechargeable battery which can be recharged over a 1000 times
- Large LCD screen and user friendly push buttons
- Fully digital for effective and reliable treatment
- Combined with muscle and neuromuscular stimulation
- Fully compliant to the medical device directive Class 2a. CE2460
If you are into your fitness or a gym-goer, you may have a heard of a TENS machine. These little devices work with tiny cords that are placed on your aching muscles transmitting small electrical currents.
Not only can TENS machine therapy help you reduce pain, but it can also help your muscles re-growth and flexibility, pretty cool, right?
However, there are many different TENS machines on the market, and it can be hard to know which one is the best for you. We've rounded up the best TENS machines below and compared them to help you out.
The Premier Plus Rechargeable TENS Machine (Editor's Choice)
This Premier plus medfit model is the second version of this brand on our list. This TENS machine, in particular, comes with 16 electrodes and 30 clinically approved programs to choose from.
There are 99 levels of intensity to choose from; 11 of its programmes are also EMS for muscle growth. Not only does this model seem very reliable and robust, but it also has an easy to use LCD screen with clear buttons.
Lastly, the best feature if this model is its rechargeable battery system which allows you to recharge the TENS machine on the move and save you money.
This TENS machine has some of the best features and modes on our list. It's clinically verified and very highly rated. Not to mention it has many different electrodes so as you can treat multiple aches and pains at once.
Cons of this model have to be its pads with have been reported to lack sticking power; the machine can also be complex to use with all the different settings.
- Many electrodes and modes for a variety of different pain relief simultaneously.
- Ninety-nine intensity levels to choose from.
- Very highly rated with a quality design.
- Easy to use LCD with clear buttons.
- Rechargeable batteries.
- Has EMS programmes.
- Pads are not very adhesive.
- Can be complicated to use.
Our Runner Up! - Prorelax EMS & TENS Machine
This Prorelax model is a TENS machine and EMS machine combined, meaning you can use it for pain relief and muscle growth. This machine comes with four standard electrodes and another two in a butterfly shape for treating larger areas.
The dual-channel model comes with nine different modes to choose from and has an adjustable pulse rating from 30-260µs; its intensity levels are from 0-25. Also, this TENS and EMS machine allows you to set timers and intervals.
Other best features of this machine are its arm strap which can help pain on the upper or lower arm and its therapy belt. Its large buttons and the clear display may make it easier to use too.
This TENS and EMS machine is excellent value for money and very highly rated, not only does it feature an EMS option, it has a load of different modes and programs to choose from too. The arm strap and belt are also an excellent addition if you suffer from muscle ache in these particular areas.
Downfalls of this model are its set-up which can be time-consuming, its batteries also run out fast, which will be expensive to replace depending on how often you use the machine.
- Great value for money with lots of different features included.
- Additional large pads, arm strap and belt.
- EMS capabilities.
- They are highly rated.
- Easy to use design.
- Can be difficult to set-up.
- Battery power will be expensive when continually having to replace them.
Smart TENS Digital Dual Channel TENS Machine
The Smart branded TENS machine comes with four electrodes and boasts multi-waves Hans stimulation allowing you to relieve pain instantly.
Four modes are included with this Smart TENS model; constant, burst, modulation and mixed. It can treat two pain areas at a time with its dual-channel system allowing you to transmit different intensities to two places at once. It has an adjustable pulse width from 25-250µs.
This model works with two AA batteries, a timer, comes with a soft pouch for storage and also has a neck cord. This little device may help you ease pain in combination with medication or without.
A very affordable TENS machine with a simple and easy to use design, its dual-channel system is handy for tackling two different pain areas at once with different intensities. However, this model is quite basic compared to other TENS machines; it lacks the option of EMS treatment and doesn't have a variety of pads and programs.
- Affordable and easy to use.
- Dual channels allow you to tackle two pain areas at once.
- Four different modes are included with adjustable pulse intensity.
- Has a timer.
- Lacks EMS option and has fewer features than other models.
- No variety of pad sizes.
- Batteries can be costly.
EMPI NEW Direct TENS Machine
If you are looking for a TENS machine on a budget, the EMPI model may be for you. Featuring four electrodes, this machine can help reduce joint pain and even headaches with its nerve stimulation.
This machine has a dual-channel option and comes with five different modes to choose from depending on the areas you have placed the electrodes. It also has 13 various programmes and a maximum pulse duration of up to 250µs.
Batteries are included with this model and come with an easy storage case.
This EMPI TENS machine is very affordable and has many different modes and programs to choose from. This is one of the simplest and easy to use models on our list.
However, this TENS machine doesn't have any EMS option for muscle growth; its electrodes have also been reported not to be very sticky, which could become annoying after repeated use.
- Very affordable with many modes and programmes to choose from.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Helps with all kinds of pain relief, helping you avoid medicated drugs.
- No EMS option for muscle growth.
- Electrodes are not very sticky, which can be annoying.
- Batteries can be costly.
Premier Plus Rechargeable TENS Machine
This Medfit branded premier plus TENS machine has an EMS feature for muscle growth and comes with four electrodes with self-adhesive pads.
Its device has 30 different programmes to choose from combined with many different modes. Adjustability wise its pulse ranges from 50-300µs, and two-channel system means you can deliver pain relief of different intensities to two areas at once.
This model also has a straightforward and easy to use display with rechargeable batteries saving you money and allowing you to recharge it over 1000 times.
This Medfit premier plus model is robust and has EMS/TENS features for a minimal price, fitted with many settings to choose from this can be used by a variety of people, its rechargeable batteries also save you money in the long run.
Downfalls of this model have to be its settings; this model has too many programs to choose from which can be confusing for a lot of people, its pads are also reported not to be very adhesive.
- Affordable and has EMS features.
- Rechargeable batteries help save money.
- Two-channel system.
- Comes with a spare pack of pads.
- Too many settings can be confusing.
- Pads are not very adhesive.
TEC.BEAN Tens Machine
The TEC. BEANS TENS machine comes with six different electrodes and eight pads to assist pain relief in many other targeted areas at once. Its design also features 12 different modes to choose from.
This model has an adjustable timer from 10-60 minutes and shuts off when the timer is done. There are also twenty different intensities to choose from and features massage modes too.
Not only is this model super portable, it also has rechargeable batteries that can charge via USB, meaning you can take the TENS machine with you anywhere you go. It also has an easy to use display.
A highly rated and reliable machine, has lots of electrodes with varying modes to assist in pain relief, allowing you to treat multiple different areas at once and set a duration for auto shut off when finished.
Downfalls of this model have to be its manual which is reported to be very hard to read. Its massage mode is also said to be quite uncomfortable.
- Very highly rated with lots of electrodes and pads to treat many areas at the same time.
- Various settings and modes to choose from.
- Has a timer to allows you to set the preferred duration of your treatment.
- No EMS feature.
- Difficult manual to read.
- The massage mode can be uncomfortable.
Our Verdict - The Best Tens Machine
Overall, to conclude, when it comes to price these models are all around the same range, however, feature-wise the Premier Plus Rechargeable TENS Machine stands out due to its 16 electrodes, 99 levels of intensity and robust design. This model is also very highly rated and clinically approved.
As a runner-up TENS machine we would suggest the Prorelax EMS & TENS model due to its EMS features and extra accessories such as its waist belt and arm belt.
What To Look For In A TENS Machine
Now we have found and compared the best TENS machine models on the market. It's a good idea to familiarise yourself with their features before you purchase one.
This way, you can ensure your model will be useful in relieving your pain and stimulating the muscle.
Best Features In A TENS Machine
We have rounded up the key specs and features you should be looking out for when deciding on your TENS machine.
- Power - The best TENS machines will ideally be powered with rechargeable batteries, this may be more expensive upfront but will save you having to replace your batteries continuously.
- EMS - Having an electric muscle stimulation option on your machine can help you with muscle growth. This is a crucial additional feature to look for in your device.
- Modes - Lots of modes can be complicated, try to look for a model with under ten modes.
- Intensity - Intensity levels are useful to have on your machine as this allows you to adjust how much electrical stimulation you want depending on the area affected.
- Pads - Look for quality pads, so many machines are reported to have bad adhesive qualities, try to find a model where its pads can be reused many times.
- Timer -Look for adjustability on your machine, make sure you can set your device to different intervals and sessions depending on how long you want your session to be.
- Size - Look for a machine which is portable and lightweight so you can use your device under your clothes and take it with you anywhere you want.
Ultimately, as long as your TENS machine of choice has these features above, you should have a reliable device on your hands. Power source, modes and intensity levels are a personal choice; having lots of modes doesn't always mean a better model, however.
Advantages & Disadvantages
TENS machines can be great for gym-goers or people who suffer from other pain inflicted aches and troubles. However, there are also several disadvantages to be aware of before using one of these machines.
- EMS can help muscle growth - The EMS options of a TENS machine can allow you to stimulate and grow your muscles healthily and naturally.
- Can help with pain - Electric pulses on the nerves and muscles can treat tired muscles for gym-goers, therefore speeding up recovery time massively.
- Help re-educate muscles - If particular muscles have weakened due to injury, this can assist in muscle therapy and help re-establish strength.
- Can be used for osteoarthritis - Can significantly help elderly with weaker joints and hip problems.
- No drugs - This method of pain relief uses no drugs, which is preferable for a lot of people.
- May irritate skin - Some people can be allergic or sensitive to the pads used with TENS machines.
- Can give muscle pain - If your intensity is set too high, this can cause over-stimulation and become harmful.
- Can be uncomfortable - The sensation of a TENS machine takes getting used to but can be unpleasant for some people.
- May not be useful - TENS therapy is not practical for all people.
Our #1 TENS Machine Choice
With so many different TENS machines on the market, its easy to get overwhelmed when choosing the right one for your muscle therapy.
In this case, our number one TENS machines choice for reliability and effectiveness is the Premier Plus Rechargeable TENS Machine. This TENS machine boasts a range of intensity levels, making it a great option compared with other devices on our list.