Short On Time? Our Recommended Best Dolce Gusto Machine Is The De'Longhi Nescafé Dolce Gusto Infinissima Pod Capsule! Best Dolce Gusto Machine Review and Buyers' GuideContents1 Best Dolce Gusto Machine Review and Buyers' Guide1.1 De'Longhi Nescafé Dolce Gusto Eclipse Touch (Editors' Choice)1.2 Breville All-in-One Coffee House1.3 Nescafé Dolce Gusto Krups Lumio1.4 Nescafé Dolce Gusto by […]
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Treadmill Is The JLL S300 Digital Folding Treadmill!
- Speed ranges from 0.3 km/h to 16 km/h; Incline ranges from 0 to 20 levels
- 5-Inch LCD monitor displays time, speed, distance, heart rate and calories - 15 running programs, first 3 programs can be customised; High powered speakers; iPod, iPhone, MP3 connectivity and USB interface
- 16-point cushion deck absorption system; Foldable with built-in wheels. Running area size is 123 cm in length and 41 cm in width; Maximum user weight is 120 kgs or 18.89 stone.
- Home use only; 2 years parts and labour, 5 years motor cover and a lifetime guarantee on the frame
- ROHS, CE & EN957 Standard Safety Compliant
Choosing a Treadmill for your Home Gym
When it comes to the home gym, the treadmill is undoubtedly the most popular piece of equipment. It is easy to use, doesn’t take up too much space and offers a highly effective method of keeping fit. If you are just about to set up a gym in your home and you want to purchase a treadmill, then you may have found yourself scratching your head wondering where on earth to start.
There are a number of points that should be considered – how advanced the treadmill should be, the number of built in programmes, any additional features that it offers, just to name a few. The great thing about the treadmill is that it offers so many benefits to those who want to keep fit at home. Here are a few examples.
- Suitable for Beginners – If you have been out of the fitness game for quite some time, then you are probably feeling a little bit daunted at the idea of using a treadmill at home. However, this is one of the easiest pieces of gym equipment available for purchase. It is the perfect machine for getting back into shape if you have stayed away from keeping fit for a while.
- Easy on the Joints – There are some pieces of fitness equipment available that are good for keeping fit if you are already fit and healthy. However, if you are over a certain age or you have joint problems, then you may find them difficult to use. The good thing about a treadmill is that it is fairly easy on the joints so you don’t have to worry about risking injury.
- Great for Weight Loss – If you are planning on embarking on a weight loss journey, then a treadmill could be your new best friend. Many of the newer treadmills that are available actually have pre-set programmes built into them which are specifically designed to help those who want to lose weight. The fact that you can vary the intensity of your workout on a treadmill also really helps with weight loss.
Buying a Treadmill
Before you can buy a treadmill for your home gym, it is important that you consider a few points such as those mentioned above. However, one of the most important things that you can do before you buy any piece of gym equipment is to make sure that you have read plenty of customer reviews so that you know that your money has been well spent. To give you an idea of some of your options, here are our top picks.
Best Treadmill for Home
JLL S300 Digital Folding Treadmill
Straight off, one of the things that we loved about this treadmill is how small it is in comparison with some of the similar models on the market. This would be ideal if you are lacking in space in your home gym. The fact that it is foldable to save even more space is an added bonus. Upon first use, the first thing that we noticed was how sturdy the treadmill feels – a good indicator that it has been very well designed.
When we tried to vary the speed of the treadmill, we noticed that it was smooth and there were no jolts or sudden movements which is just what you need when you are trying to vary your workout. The control panel is very easy to understand and adjusting the settings couldn’t have been simpler. The speeds are adjustable from 0.18mph to 11.2mph which allows you to really get a good workout no matter what your ability.
A final point worth noting is the built-in 16-point cushion system. There is nothing worse than running at speed on a treadmill when it hurts your ankles and knees. We really noticed a difference with these shock
absorbing cushions and found it much more comfortable to run with ease.
If you are a beginner to fitness and you want to get fit in your own home then this treadmill comes highly recommended from us, we have no complaints at all.
- Speeds of 0.18mph to 11.2mph
- 20 Level Incline
- 15 Programs
- 5-Inch LCD Monitor
- Running Area of 123x41cm
- Maximum User Weight –
- Built In Speakers
- 5 Year Guarantee
Best Treadmill under £500
JLL S400 Digital Folding Treadmill
Buying a treadmill doesn’t have to cost you the earth, as we found out when we tested out the next model up from the previous one that we tried from JLL. We have to say that we were equally as impressed with this model, if not more so. Again, starting out, the fact that it is foldable is a big plus point for anyone wanting a gym at home. Assembly is easy, but if you don’t feel confident about doing it yourself then there is the option to have somebody do it for you for an extra fee.
Still with the 15 built in running programs of the previous model and the 20 incline levels, the most significant change that we noticed with this model was the screen which is a little more user friendly and slightly bigger at 5.5 inches, which is easier to use whilst you are in the middle of a workout.
This treadmill has a few more features that we were impressed with, including improved high-powered speakers and built in options for AUX connectivity, Bluetooth and USB connectivity. For a modern, high powered treadmill, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Speeds of 3 km/h to 16 km/h
- 20 Level Incline
- 15 Programs
- 5 Inch LCD Screen
- Running Area of 135x45cm
- Maximum Weight of 18.89 Stone
- Built In Speakers
- 5 Year Warranty
Best Treadmill under £300
XMPRO Dynamic TREADMILL
If your budget is even lower, then don’t worry as there are some great options for under £300 too. We tried out this treadmill from XMPRO and have to say, for something that is not supposed to be as good as some of the more expensive models, it certainly performed well. Assembly was very easy, but like the previous option, for a fee a professional will assemble it for you.
We really liked the interface of this one – the controls were easy to figure out and the variety of different programs really allowed us to get a good workout without having to stop and start to figure everything out.
The machine itself was sturdy whilst we were running, even at the higher levels, which is always a plus point. The handles were very comfortable whilst we were using the treadmill and we didn’t notice any loss of grip which is great. For a budget model, this one is highly recommended.
- Max Speed of 14kmh
- 3 Level Incline
- 16 Programs
- Running Area of 1100x400mm
- LCD Display
- Maximum Weight of 110Kg
- Built In Speakers
- 2 Year Warranty
There you have it, our top picks for treadmills. Take a look at all of these options and see which one suits your needs the best.