Short on time? Here’s our pick;
- This fantastic Salter 3 in 1 Snack maker comes with interchangeable top and bottom waffle, panini and toasted sandwich grill plates.
- The plates are wonderfully non-stick to release the snacks without tearing or crumbling and to make cleaning easy with no scrubbing.
- With power and ready indicator lights, easy to remove plates and a locking latch, the snack maker is simple and safe to operate.
- It has 900 W power and extra large 28.5 x 15.2 plates for three times thicker waffles and tasty paninis up to an impressive 25 cm.
- Follow the recipes included then serve your toasted sandwich or panini with a side salad and pair your hot waffles with ice cream.
Picking The Best Waffle Maker (UK) – 2020
Waffles- the nation’s favourite, most versatile treat. Whether you like it sweet or savoury, waffles are an the perfect choice of food for breakfast, lunch, or dessert.
We have tried and tested many different waffle makers on the top market from sites including Currys, Homebase, and Amazon. Many of these waffle makers are available in stores with Currys and Homebase, and all waffle makers are available on Amazon- for next day delivery with prime too!
It’s time to ditch the “safe side” and stop buying the ordinary Argos waffle maker- we’ve done the work and simmered down the market to provide you with a list of the best waffle-makers on the market right now. Read on for more.
1) Salter EK2143 Deep Fill 3-in-1 Snack Maker
Salter are a highly renowned and well-respected company in the cookware and kitchen utensils retail sector, where their products are known to feature excellent quality and long life.
If you don’t find yourself interested in their waffle maker, we also recommend their panini machines/toastie machines- they make delicious, golden, and crispy toasties in a matter of minutes!
In our list of the best waffle makers, the Salter EK2143 won first place: it is so easy to use (being easy to use is a massive plus in the world of kitchen appliances, as these are items which are used during busy breakfast mornings most of the time).
What We Love:
- Dual-Plates: This waffle maker features top and bottom plates, which gives you the crispiest, golden-brown outer coating on your waffles/paninis/toasties. Usually, there’s a real hassle when it comes to having one side slightly more cooked than the other, but this machine offered an overall very consistent and even cook all over your food.
- Non-Stick Plates: Don’t worry about fillings cooking onto the plates permanently- the plates are coated with a non-stick finish, meaning your waffles will slip out easily and cleanly- no more mess, no more hardened fillings and batters! The worst bit is having to endlessly scrub away with a brillo just to get those hardened bits of fillings or batter off, so this truly did save us a lot of time in the long run.
- Notification Alert: When the food is cooked and ready to eat, the indicator-lights will flash, informing you that your waffles are optimally cooked. We tried this feature out with waffles, paninis, and toasties- the time worked best with waffles. We managed to achieve a beautiful golden, crispy exterior with a fluffy centre. This feature works less optimally with paninis, as we feel like the cooking was a little less even, however, it is does hit the sweet spot for all three delicacies.
- Safe: Aside having indicator lights, the plates are easy to remove (allow them to cool after use!), and the machine offers a handy locking latch making this waffle maker safe to operate.
- Included Recipes: There are a bunch of delicious recipes to inspire you to make some new and delicious treats for yourself, your partner, and your family.
To Wrap Up:
Highly versatile, expertly crafted, with a long life- this waffle maker allows you to create not only waffles, but paninis and toasties too. This is achieved with the handy non-stick panini and toastie plates included, so you can switch and select your choice of dish.
The cooking plates are extra-large, meaning you can make bigger and deeper waffles, which also correlates to less batter wastage! That said, the plates are dual-provisional, meaning that you get both top and bottom plates with your purchase for even and thorough cooking.
The integrated indicator lights are a handy feature to ensure that you remove the waffles in time for that perfect golden, crispy result- so even if you decide to vacuum, watch TV, or water your plants, you won’t miss the waffles.
There is also a handy, ergonomic cool-touch handle to provide you with enhanced safety when you use it.
Value for Money: 9/10
2) VonShef Waffle Maker
We’ve mentioned VonShef quite a lot on BestReviews, and often, they have made their way onto our top selection lists for the best products of the year. We can guarantee that you’ll be highly impressed by the quality and longevity of the products- because definitely were.
This waffle maker is yet again another very impressive appliance- with three options to choose from: Dual plated (you can make two waffles simultaneously), Quad (you can make four), or Stick– this is a really unique feature which we just had to try out, so we bought both the quad waffle maker and the stick waffle maker.
What is the Stick waffle maker? It’s a genius invention which allows you to make the perfect snack. It simply features four stick molds, which, simply put, give you waffle sticks! This is blissful when paired with a delicious Belgian chocolate dip, Galaxy dip, or Nutella! We’ve written up a mini recipe for delicious Belgian Waffle Sticks, so be sure to tell us what you think!
What We Love:
- Cook up to 4 at a Time: If you select the quad cooker, you can make four rather than two waffles at a time. This is great for larger families, as breakfast time can be quite hectic! The VonShef Quad Waffle maker will do the trick and help you out in the kitchen.
- Non-Stick Plates: The stainless steel moulds use a non-stick coating, meaning you can pop your waffles out fuss-free and mess-free. To clean up, the process has never been easier. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth. We haven’t tried using a dishwasher for this machine.
- Automatic Temperature Control: You no longer need to carry out a load of boring research (seriously, finding out which temperature to set the machine too totally snatches ones appetite!), just hit a couple of buttons and your VonShef will automate the temperature for you. Simply make your mix, pour, and wait for your delicious goods to materialise.
- Safety: This waffle maker also features a useful cool-touch handle, which protects you from the heat of the appliance. There is also a stainless steel design, indicator light, cord storage capacity, and non-slip feet to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience with the VonShef waffle maker.
- 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
To Wrap Up:
This waffle maker offers us a range of choices, whether you prefer a dual waffle maker, a quad waffle maker, or- if you’re feeling fancy and experimental- a stick waffle maker. All the options are great and function perfectly, and the quality can truly be felt.
One thing we would mention is the strength of the stick waffle maker- we noticed that our waffle sticks turn out with a slightly tougher exterior than the fluffy traditional waffles, but this can be overlooked as the final result is still delectable, without a doubt.
Value for Money: 8/10
3) NETTA Waffle Maker Iron Machine
Third on our list for the best waffle makers, is this appliance by NETTA. The NETTA waffle iron is both affordable and packed with features, which is what we love! An appliance that doesn’t break the bank while giving us delicious results- it’s a winner. There are loads of variations on waffle maker machines, such as the rotating waffle maker.
This Belgian waffle maker is third on our list of the best waffle makers, and it is also different from the previous two we’ve talked about. You can create four waffle pieces with with this waffles maker, which are round. The great thing about this is that the overall space occupied is far less, making it a compact machine which has the same functionality as its larger counterparts. Every 180 degrees you achieve crispy, golden brown Belgian waffles.
The round waffle is a neat creation, and we managed to create some delicious gourmet American waffles with this!
What We Love:
- Extra Deep: The cooking plates are integrated on this machine, rather than removable, meaning that only one pair comes with the purchase. You can create both sweet and savoury snacks with this appliance, whether you make traditional sugar waffles or potato waffles.
- Non-Stick Plates: The non-stick plates (non-stick coating) allows you to create perfect waffles every single time, and remove them with utmost ease and cleanliness. Nobody likes torn up waffles!
- Variable Temperature Control: You can adjust the dial to the temperature you like, and wait until the LED indicator tells you your food is ready. You can create some pretty easy breakfast treats with even more ease.
- Indicator Light: The handy LED light is very convenient when cooking meals, as it informs you when the food is ready without you having to pay any special attention to it. The machine is preset to the ideal temperature for an even cooking on all sides.
- Stylish: Featuring a clean, stainless steel finish, your waffle maker is “pretty” enough to place on your counter as a fixture, even in the most stylish of kitchens. This choice of finish is also easier to wipe clean.
- 365-Day Warranty
To Wrap Up:
This round waffle maker allows you to create round waffles, with integrated rather than removable plates. The stainless steel finish gives you an easy-wipe cleaning experience as well as a stylish appearance. Whether you want to make authentic American waffles with a delicious scoop of gelato, or delectable potato savoury waffles, this Belgian waffle maker is a great choice.
The waffle making appliance is also powerful at a total wattage of 700W, meaning you can make your food as fast as possible.
Value for Money: 7/10
4) KITGARN Bubble Waffle Maker
Fourth on our list for the best waffle maker, are the KITGARN bubble waffle makers. Bubble waffles have become one of the latest trends online right now, with many gourmet dessert parlours integrating them into their menus, sundaes, and more. Whether you plan to recreate these artistic desserts, or are buying this for your own business, you won’t be disappointed.
With 1400 watts of power at a voltage of 220V, this Belgian waffles machine is extremely powerful, far more than other waffle makers we’ve tested. We managed to create a delicious, fluffy, crispy bubble waffle in around a minute- which is great.
What We Love:
- Non-stick coating: The non-stick Belgian waffles plate allows for easy wafer release, as well as even easier cleaning after you use it. These are not removable plates, nor are there any product variations featuring removable plates.
- Overheating Protection: Don’t worry about your cooking times messing up your food, or cooking temperature being set too high- the integrated overheating protection facility ensures that egg waffles don’t overcook and burn. You can enjoy delicious, perfectly cooked waffles every time.
- Large Capacity: You can create 30 bubble waffles at a time, which saves you immensely on time and electricity. This also makes it great for home parties, where you may need to cook loads in a short period of time. In addition, we highly recommend this machine on our best waffle maker list as it can be used for snack stalls at public community events.
- High Quality Materials: With a stainless steel primary material, this machine is both easy to wipe and sustainable. In addition, the plates are made of A-grade cast iron, which on the heavier side and features better conductivity- meaning your food will be cooked quicker with evenness.
- Easy To Clean: The stainless steel material allows you to quickly and simply wipe down the smooth appliance, giving it an easy to clean feature and improved ease of use. The plates are also enameled, making them even easier to clean.
- Temperature-Control: You can achieve effective precision and manage cooking time with ease using the variable temperature control feature.
- Sustainable and Safe: Rather than traditional silicon or rubber, this bubble waffle maker has a handle made of solid wood, which is less of a conductor meaning you won’t be scalded by the heat.
To Wrap Up:
This bubble waffle maker controls cooking time (ensuring that cooking time doesn’t burn or overcook your food), giving you ease of use. With a clean, smooth, stainless steel finish, you get to experience a simplistic, easy-wipe cleaning experience. In addition, this machine does make sure that you are safe when using it, with the integrated safety features. Make sure you read the instructions.
Generally, the appliance weighs 6 kilograms, which is moderate for waffle machines on the market. Included in the package is the bubble waffle maker, 2 wooden handles, a set of screws, and a product use manual.
Value for Money: 7/10
5) Andrew James Belgian Style 4-Slice Waffle Maker
Lastly on our list for finding the best waffle maker, is the Andrew James 4-slice waffle maker. While it is last, it isn’t the least best waffle maker -this product is still packed with great features.
You can simultaneously create four waffles at a time, which is great for busy breakfast mornings with your family. The style is traditional square shaped, rather than circular waffle shapes or bubble waffle shapes. The material used is stainless steel, making it easy to clean and attractive.
In addition, this waffle maker is surprisingly powerful- most waffle maker machines average at around 700 watts of power, while the Andrew James waffle machine has a wattage of 1100 watts.
What We Love:
- 4 At a Time: You can create four delicious waffles simultaneously, which is great for mornings when you’re having to speedily cook for the family, or kids before they go to school.
- Variable Temperature: Instead of changing the cooking time, you have the liberty to control the temperature, which is great because you can select whether you’d like them on the crispier side or fluffier side. This also means you can drastically shorten the cooking time too, to just 5 minutes. Being able to vary cooking time is important to ensure that you can personalise your food.
- Healthy: The greatest thing about this appliance is that you only need a touch of oil to cook your waffles! This makes for a healthier and sustainable meal, which you can enjoy without any guilt.
- Safe and Easy: The lid can be safely opened for you to check on the cooking process, in addition to the cool-touch handle. You can now have a safer and easier cooking experience.
- 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
To Wrap Up:
This quad-waffle machine by Andrew James allows you to vary temperature for an even, consistent, yet personalised cooking experience. It is both affordable yet packed with functionality, making it a great choice for anyone, whether you’re just trying out the machine for home use- or commercial use.
In addition, it is so easy to use- you simply switch on the machine, set your temperature with the adjustable dial and wait for your waffles to be ready. The green light will illuminate when the waffle mix is ready to be added.
Value for Money: 9/10
What Do You Put In A Waffle Maker?
For optimal results, we recommend creating a waffle mixture from scratch. This usually comprises of the traditional ingredients including (but not limited to): All-Purpose/Plain flour, Sugar (granulated brown/white, demarara, stevia, sugarcane), baking powder, salt, eggs, warm milk, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract.
However, aside from making the best handmade waffles to serve up on your plate…you can create a whole load of different foods! Some dishes include:
- Brownies: in the same shape as a waffle, with ridged cubes to fill up with delicious syrups and fresh fruits, there’s nothing we could want more from a waffle maker!
- Pizza: The next best thing to ordering takeout pizza and having it delivered to your door, is making it a super-quick and easy instant pizza in your mini grill, ready to be served straight onto your plates.
- Quesadillas: Everyone does want a spicy Mexican dinner every now and then, and using a waffle maker is one of the best ways to materialise your cravings onto your dinner plates quickly!
- Cinnamon Rolls: Mellow, sublime, delectable, and fluffy- everything we want in a cinnamon roll is even more achievable- just pour in your mix, fill with sugar syrup and adorn your plates with fresh fruit. What more could we want?
- Hash-Browns: One of the nations top want for breakfast menu items, brought all the way from America- crispy, golden hash browns. It’s everyone’s delight to see a crispy hash brown and egg-sunny-side-up on their breakfast plates.
- Bacon: On a lazy Sunday sleep-in morning, there’s nothing that hits the spot better than freshly made bacon and eggs- it’s exactly what we want to fuel a day of activities. Bacon can be easily cooked on a waffle maker, with a hint of oil.
- Cornbread: Unusual, yet perfectly achievable is a savoury delight which can be eaten alone or paired with soups and stews.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: Whether you love it or hate it, you no longer need a massive oven/grill to cook up gooey grilled cheese sandwiches; simply pop them in the machine and wait for your melted goods to be ready.
- Croissant or Brioche waffles: Even if you don’t have the time to create waffles from scratch, and have some breads lying around- take a look for croissants or brioche rolls! These can be pressed to create delicious, lightly sweetened, fluffy waffles instantly.
- S’mores: Gooey, toasted marshmallows and bittersweet chocolate- we definitely want a s’more, do you? Well, we tried to cook up some using our waffle iron, and the results were delectably successful!
It’s worth noting that you can get a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial (students get a 6 month trial!)- so if you choose Amazon, go ahead and try buying your next waffle machine with prime. Other retailers offer excellent money-back guarantees and product warranties, so you can make a secure and confident purchase.
There is a vast variety of products you can choose, and whether you wish to upgrade from your old Argos waffle maker (we are still testing loads of products, include the waffle maker Argos options out there!), or simply trying something new.
We highly recommend the Salter 3-in-1 machine, as it allows you to experience the best of three worlds! Whether you’re in the mood for a fresh panini, tasty toastie snack, or a fluffy sugar waffle- the Salter EK2143 facilitates all needs.
Belgian Waffle Sticks- The Perfect Sunday Snack
Yes, after much experimentation, we found a delicious yet silly-simple recipe for delight. Here’s our recipe for aromatic, fresh waffle sticks. An alternative recipe is this, which uses white sugar rather than brown.
Ingredients (Waffle mixture):
- Plain Flour (All-Purpose Flour) – 2 cups
- 2 eggs
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 4 tsp
- Granulated Brown Sugar – 2.5 tablespoons*
- Warm Milk – 1.5 cups
- Melted Butter – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp*
Ingredients (Belgian Chocolate Dip):
- Cooking Chocolate – 1 bar (dark, white, or milk- whichever you prefer!)
- Coconut Oil or Butter* – 1.5 tsp
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat your waffle iron to your desired temperature, or follow the on-box instructions.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Now stir in the melted butter, warm milk, and vanilla extract. Next, pour the milk mixture slowly into the flour mixture, and beat it until the whole mixture is uniform and blended.
- Spoon the batter into your preheated waffle iron, cook until golden and crispy.
- To make the Belgian Chocolate Dip, heat a small amount of water in a saucepan, and place a glass bowl on top. Ensure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water, as this will cook the chocolate, thus subsequently hardening it.
- Add the chocolate in pieces alongside the coconut oil or softened butter. Stir in intervals until there are a few hard lumps of chocolate left. Overcooking can harden the chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate until melted and silky. Serve immediately with your fresh waffles, or decorate with honey, maple syrup, fresh fruits, or whipped cream.
*You may use 2 tsp of white granulated sugar if you prefer, or simply adjust the measurement to suit your preferences. Sugarcane, molasses, and Demarara sugar are also great options.
*You can use vanilla flavouring too, however, this usually provides aroma rather than taste. For vanilla flavouring, add a little extra until you feel it’s right. We recommend 2 tsp.
*Softened butter makes it quicker to melt, but you can use fresh-out-of-the-fridge butter too.
It’s worth noting that you can get a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial (students get a 6 month trial!)- so if you choose Amazon, go ahead and try it out on prime. The other retailers offer excellent money-back guarantees and product warranties, so you can make a secure and confident purchase.