The Best Walk-In Shower Enclosures Reviews & Buying Guide
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Walk-In Shower Enclosures Is ELEGANT 1200mm Frameless Walk In Shower Enclosure!
- →8mm Glass Screen equipped with NANO Self Clean Glass Technology, it means water will not stay or leave marks on the glass
- →1200x1900mm Screen Panel (8mm thickness) + 300x1900mm Retrun Panel (6mm thickness), 15mm wall adjustment,1185-1200mm
- →Passed multi water proof test, waterproof guaranteed
- →Including a 1000mm stainless steel support, Easy to install, including full installation instruction and all fixing
- →Concealed fittings, top cover caps to give a perfect clear look
If your looking for a way to make your bathroom shower feel more luxurious or you want to be able to simply walk into your shower and have space around you, then a walk-in shower enclosure is definitely for you.
A walk-in shower enclosure normally consists of a transparent glass screen that encloses your shower and prevents the mess from spilling out into the rest of your bathroom, in comparison to standard shower screens they are bigger and offer a more aesthetically pleasing design.
There are many different walk-in shower enclosures to choose from, however, so we have rounded up the best and most high-quality walk-in shower enclosures on the market and compared them to find the top enclosure for your bathroom.
Our Favourite Shower Enclosure! -
The ELEGANT 1200mm Frameless Walk In Shower Enclosure (Editor’s Choice)
This ELEGANT walk-in shower enclosure is a frameless model which features a 12000 x 1900 8mm thick glass screen panel that’s stain-resistant. It also comes with a 300 x 1900mm return panel that is 6mm thick.
Design-wise the shower enclosure has a flipper panel can be adjusted up to 180-degrees and includes a 1000mm stainless steel support bar. The model is also completely waterproof and sealed.
Installation of this model is versatile due to its 15mm wall adjustment, its design additionally has concealed fittings and top cover caps for a neat finish.
The ELEGANT frameless walk-in shower enclosure is an excellent model to consider for your bathroom due to its easy to clean no stain glass which makes clean up easy and keeps your screen looking newer for longer.
Negatives of the enclosure have to be return panel which is said to hold some watermarks after showering, the model is also required to have two people for installation due to its weight.
- No stain durable glass panel.
- Return panel included with 180-degree adjustability.
- 15mm wall adjustment.
- Concealed parts for a tidy finish.
- Return panel is said to stain with water slightly.
- Very heavy and needs two people for installation.
Our Runner Up - ELEGANT Walk-In Wet Room Shower Enclosure
If your looking for a wider wet room style shower enclosure this ELEGANT model could be right for you.
Main features of this model are its 800 x 19000 screen panel and 300 x 1900mm return panel. It’s 8mm glass has self-cleaning NANO technology and has a reversible left or right fitting option to choose from for your bathroom.
Design-wise the enclosure has a 1000m aluminium support bar and a 15mm all adjustment for easier installation. The flipper panel further has a 180-degree swivel and has passed a waterproof test.
To conclude, this walk-in wet room shower enclosure by ELEGANT is one of the top models on our list in terms of space and flipper design which is very easy to install and perfect for people who are looking to add a more luxurious spacious feel to their bathroom.
Downfalls of the enclosure are its design which is reported to leak water when the returned glass and main glass panel meet. The entrance is further said to be on the smaller side.
- Main glass and return panel with no stain technology.
- Adjustable flipper.
- Aluminium support bar.
- 15mm wall adjustment.
- Leaks water where glass panels meet.
- Entrance is said to be small.
ELEGANT Sliding Shower Enclosure
The ELEGANT sliding shower enclosure comes with a 1200 x 1900mm shower door and has a shower tray with a size of 1200 x 1800mm.
Main features of this model are it’s 8mm tempered glass coating which is easy to clean and durable. The design of this enclosure further has an aluminium frame and a magnetic seal to prevent water from leaking out the enclosure.
Other notable specifications of this enclosure it's metal rollers that allow the door to slide open quietly, the design also has a 9mm waste and steady alloy handle.
Overall, this walk-in sliding shower enclosure is great value for money thanks to its high quality 8mm glass and durable stone tray which makes this enclosure very aesthetically pleasing and reliable for many years after installation.
Some downfalls of the ELEGANT enclosure have to be its minimal instruction manual which can make assembly a little more complicated, the model additionally has a shower tray which is reported to not be completely flat.
- High-quality tempered glass which is stain resistant and durable.
- Shower tray and waste included.
- Strong aluminium frame.
- Smooth sliding metal rollers.
- Minimal instruction manual.
- Shower tray is reported to be uneven.
ELEGANT Sliding Shower Reversible Enclosure
The next ELEGANT shower enclosure model on our list comes with a fully reversible left or right-hand fitting, along with a 1000 x 1850mm shower door and 700 x 1850mm side panel.
Feature-wise the shower enclosure has a 6mm safety tempered glass and can connect to a wall profile with its 20mm wall adjustment. Additionally, the model further has twin metal rollers for easier door sliding on the enclosure.
Further specifications of this model are its 55mm aluminium rail and chrome finished handle, the enclosure is also waterproof.
To conclude, this reversible shower enclosure is one of the most versatile models on our list thanks to its right/left adjustable entry and high-quality glass which makes the enclosure very durable.
However, this ELEGANT model does have some negatives, for example, the parts of the shower are said to be numbered incorrectly which makes installation difficult, the model is further reported to have a small-sized door.
- Reversible mechanism.
- High-quality glass.
- 20mm wall adjustment.
- Twin metal rollers.
- Aluminium rail included.
- Parts are numbered incorrectly which makes installation difficult.
- Small size door.
ELEGANT Sliding Door 8mm Shower Enclosure
This sliding door shower enclosure by ELEGANT features a 1200 x 1900 sliding shower door with 20mm wall adjustment on both sides of the enclosure.
Significant specifications of this enclosure are it's 8mm tempered glass which has NANO self-cleaning technology and a reversible design which can open from the left or right.
The model, in particular, has double metal rollers for a smooth sliding mechanism and a magnetic seal to stop water leaking from the enclosure. It’s design additionally has passed a waterproof test too.
Overall, this sliding door enclosure from ELEGANT is great value for money and is made of high-quality materials for a more aesthetically pleasing look and durable design.
This enclosures sliding rollers also allows it door to shut effortlessly with no struggle or noise.
Negatives of the enclosure have to be its instruction manual which is reported to have limited assembly information, the model additionally has been said to have glass that stains, rather than its stated no-stain technology.
- Easy sliding door thanks to rollers.
- Waterproof with magnetic seal.
- 8mm tempered glass.
- Reversible design.
- Limited instruction manual.
- Glass is reported to stain.
Our Final Judgement - Which Walk-In Shower Enclosure Is The Best?
Overall, to round up our best ELEGANT shower enclosures, the best model on our list has to be the ELEGANT 1200mm Frameless Walk In Shower Enclosure.
This enclosure is the best on our list in comparison to the other designs due to its frameless stylish design and large space which allows you to have a luxurious feel while showering.
As an alternative, we also suggest taking a look at the ELEGANT Walk-In Wet Room Shower Enclosure because of its self-cleaning NANO technology and reversible design which allows you to set the enclosure to be opened either left or right.
What To Look For In The Best Walk-In Shower Enclosure (Our Buying Guide)
After looking at some of the best ELEGANT shower enclosures, it’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with some of the essential features you need in an enclosure.
There’s additionally a large number of benefits to having a walk-in shower enclosure which you might not have considered, or you might be on the fence about whether you should go for a framed shower enclosure or a frameless shower enclosure.
Well, not to worry, we’ve got you covered with our walk-in shower buying guide below.
Top Features To Watch Out For In a Shower Enclosure
Shower enclosures are a pretty straightforward bathroom accessory to buy once you know the required size you need, however, there are some extra features you should be considering that can make your enclosure more reliable and easy to use.
We have put together a list of the most essential features to consider in your new walk-in shower enclosure below to help you out -
- Design - Now, the design of your chosen shower enclosure should be aesthetically pleasing and fit with rest of your bathroom, you should consider the shape you want your enclosure to be too and whether or not you want it to be reversible if it has a door.
- Screens - The glass that comes with your enclosure should be tempered and fairly thick within a range of 6mm to 8mm of thickness. Some models include a useful return panel which can be great to stop any water spraying from your shower.
- Waterproofing - It’s a good idea to make sure your model is waterproof and has passed a waterproof test. The best enclosures are additionally magnetically sealed to prevent any water leakage.
- Ease of cleaning - There’s nothing worse than a shower panel that holds stains, so you must find a stain-resistant model that can be easy to clean.
- Size - A larger walk-in-in shower enclosure will feel much more luxurious, however, you want to make sure it fits in your bathroom, if not go for a smaller tray and enclosure.
- Ease of installation - You should double-check how complicated your model is to install, and if it comes with an instruction manual and requires two people to complete the job.
- Sliding door mechanism - If you are going for a walk-in enclosure with a sliding door then make sure it has some high-quality rollers to make the sliding mechanism smooth and quiet.
- Warranty - Having a warranty on your enclosure is very important in case it comes with faulty parts or breaks after a couple of months of usage. When your panel arrives it's important to check for any stains or chips too.
Benefits Of Using a Walk-In Shower Enclosure
One of the most obvious advantages of having a walk-in shower enclosure is the space and style they can give to a bathroom.
However, there is a range of other benefits you can get from installing one of these enclosures in your bathroom which you might not have thought of.
- Low maintenance - Shower enclosures require very little maintenance in terms of repairs and are extremely durable due to their tempered glass. This makes them a cost-effective bathroom accessory which is perfect for the family!
- Safe to use - In comparison to shower curtains, these enclosures are much safer as they leak less water on the floor while showering, reducing the chance of you slipping when you get out the shower.
- Makes your bathroom look spacious - These enclosure designs can make even a small bathroom seem much bigger due to the lack of partition which is replaced by glass, making your overall bathroom feel airier.
- Hygienic - Glass is a non-porous surface which means it's less likely to grow mould and bacteria in comparison to other shower accessories, they are also very easy to clean due to fewer nooks and crannies, making your shower a much more hygienic place to be!
Framed Shower Enclosures VS Frameless Shower Enclosures
If you have been looking into finding the best walk-in shower enclosure for your home then it's likely you have come across framed and frameless models.
Both models provide a luxurious look to your bathroom but do carry their different advantages and disadvantages which are worth considering if you are in between the two models.
Framed enclosures have a metal frame that goes around their glass panels, these frames can come in a variety of different colours and overall have a much sturdier design which is great for families with children.
These framed enclosures additionally tend to be cheaper and can support options such as sliding doors which a frameless model can’t.
However, framed enclosures are much harder to clean than frameless designs due to deposits getting stuck under the frame, they also have fewer door options such as a french door opening mechanism when compared to frameless designs.
- More affordable.
- Much more suitable for families due to durability.
- Can support sliding doors.
- Hard to clean.
- Less door style options.
Frameless enclosures are held together with hinges and clips instead of frames, they tend to be much more aesthetically pleasing due to their airy look and can be customised with different door options. They are also very easy to clean in comparison to framed models.
Still, these frameless designs do have their downfalls as they cant be used with sliding doors and tend to require a much thicker glass than frameless models. They are also less durable than framed models and can be very expensive.
- Better aesthetically looking.
- Can be designed with a variety of door styles.
- Very easy to clean due to lack of frame.
- Needs a thicker glass.
- Less durable and suitable for families.
- Can be expensive.
Overall, if you have a higher budget and are looking to have a more luxurious shower enclosure then you should consider a frameless shower enclosure.
On the other hand, if you want a reliable no-fail enclosure model then you should go for a traditional framed shower enclosure for your bathroom.
What kind of glass thickness should I be looking for in a walk-in shower enclosure?
The glass thickness for a shower enclosure should be anything from 6mm to 10mm, the thicker the glass then the more durable it will be, making it suitable for long term use with children especially.
Some people worry the thicker the panels the less transparency they have, however, all glass panels will have a see-through finish unless you opt for a frosted or striped design.
Should I use silicone as a sealant for a shower enclosure?
Yes for a shower tray it is ideal to use a silicone sealant to stop any water leaking while showering, also where the frame of the shower meets the wall its a good idea to seal it with silicone.
Is a frameless shower better than a framed model?
This is down to preference but frameless models tend to be more hygienic and stylish, however, they are less sturdy, which may make them less suitable for people with kids or heavy-duty use in larger families.
What are some of the main shower enclosure styles?
Some of the main styles you can find a shower enclosure are; frameless 3-sided enclosures, corner enclosures and walk-in shower enclosures which are the types above.
Is there a difference between a walk-in shower and a walk-in shower enclosure?
No, both are the same and allow you to simply walk into the shower with glass panels encasing the tray to prevent water spray - there is just a difference in terms.
Can I install an enclosure on any surface?
Most enclosures can be installed onto any surface or directly on to a shower tray, tiles, stone or wood.
What effects the price of a shower enclosure?
Many different factors can impact the price of a shower enclosure, with one of the main ones being the size you require, the larger you go then the more expensive it will be.
Some other factors are; glass thickness, style, brand and accessories such as shower wastes and handles.
How can I prevent the growth of mould around my shower?
The growth of bacteria such as mild-dew can happen when humidity levels in your bathroom get too high, this can normally be solved by opening the window after taking a hot shower or getting a dehumidifier.
What’s the difference between a wet room and a shower enclosure?
A wet room tends to be quite large and completely door free, however, a shower enclosure has some glass panels enclosing the shower, making it separate from the rest of the bathroom.
Do I need a shower waste with my enclosure and what do they do?
A shower waste is a device that helps you maintain and clean your enclosure by trapping waste such as hairs that block your plug hole. These are important to buy with your enclosure as they can help make cleaning easier.
How do I maintain my shower enclosure?
The best way to maintain your enclosure is by cleaning it regularly with a vinegar solution and squeegee, this prevents any grime and stains holding to the glass.
Can a glass shower enclosure add value to my home?
Yes, a glass shower enclosure can add a lot of a value to your home due to the high-quality space they provide and the fact they make a standard bathroom look much bigger.
Are these walk-in enclosures easy to install?
Walk-in enclosures can be a little difficult to install if it's your first time, however, most come with an instruction manual and require a second person to help with the job, so they are doable to DIY if you wish.
Can anyone use a glass shower enclosure?
Yes, glass shower enclosures are suitable for any age or even people with disabilities or who need a wheel-chair as they are walk-in friendly. Just be sure that the enclosure is a big enough size to be wheelchair friendly.
Our #1 Walk-In Shower Enclosure For a Luxurious Bathroom
The number one shower enclosure on our list is the ELEGANT 1200mm Frameless Walk In Shower Enclosure thanks to its high-quality thick glass screen and large frameless design which can make even smaller bathrooms feel larger and more luxurious.
We additionally recommended the ELEGANT Walk-In Wet Room Shower Enclosure too due to its reversible design which makes it suitable for left or right-hand opening and self-cleaning technology that keeps your glass panels looking new.
This model is more suitable if you have a larger bathroom and want a walk-in wet room style enclosure.