The Five Best Glass Kettles Reviews & Buying Guide
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Glass Kettle Is The Queensense Electric Cordless!
- IMPORTANT: Please read the following contents carefully before purchasing. THANK YOU
- Product Material: High Borosilicate Glass- Baby bottles are usually made of such glass. It is anti-hot and is not easy to break. It looks a little like plastic, but not plastic at all.The material does not have any plastic smell and other odors, and the weight of the kettle itself proves that it is a glass kettle.
- Scale Problem: The kettle itself will NEVER produce scale. Because of the hard water quality, the water scale will be generated after boiling water. Sometimes we do not see scale on the stainless steel kettles scale but it does not mean that there is no scale. Instead, scale attached to the stainless steel surface does not seem obvious. However, due to the transparent glass surface, a little impurity will makes the kettle body a little bit dirty. Although there will be a little impact on beauty, it can help you determine if the quality of water is good or not.
- How to Remove Scale: Use professional detergent, coke or vinegar to soak the kettle for half a day, and then use a cloth or towel to clean the kettle with water. If you have any doubt or difficulty in removing the scale, please contact us. We will try our best to help you to solve the problems.
- After-Sales Service: If you meet any problems of the kettle within in 6 months after you receive it, please contact us. If we did not solve your problem, we will provide unconditional return service.
Glass kettles are becoming more popular than plastic electric kettles thanks to their transparent and modern design. They also avoid toxins associated with plastic materials.
Whether you are looking to upgrade your existing electric kettle or want a modern-looking glass model to make your tea and coffee with, there are many different glass kettles on the market to choose from.
That being said, we've rounded up the best glass kettles below and compared them to help find the best electric glass kettle for you.
Our Favourite Electric Glass Kettle (2020 Updated)-
The Queensense Electric Cordless Kettle - (Editor's Choice)
This cordless kettle by Queensense comes with a glass and stainless steel design with pyrex glass inner lining and a double-walled layer for outer heat protection. The water capacity of this kettle is 1.5 litres making it big enough for most families.
Feature-wise this glass kettle has adjustable temperature control and a keep warm function which allows you to keep your water warmed for up to 12 hours at your desired temperature. The electric kettle can reach full boil within five minutes.
Other notable specifications of this Queensense electric glass kettle is its boil dry protection, cordless design, 360-degree base rotation, and auto shut off feature for improved safety. It also comes with a stainless steel mesh filter and an anti-rust heating element.
The electric glass kettle has changing LED lights when the water is boiling and a two-year warranty for buyer confidence.
This electric glass kettle from Queensense is one of the best glass kettles on our list due to its affordable price, large water capacity and temperature control; which allows you to decide how hot you need your water to be. The model also comes with a variety of features and has a modern transparent glass water kettle design with a blue light.
However, despite these pros, this glass kettle does come with some downfalls such as steam. When this kettles, water reaches boiling steam is reported to come out the sides of the kettle, which can be dangerous for handling.
- Affordable with great features such as temperature control.
- Keeps water warm for 12 hours for making tea and coffee.
- Blue light modern design.
- Boil dry protection.
- 360-degree rotation with auto shut off.
- 1.5-litre water capacity.
- Steam is reported to come out of the sides of the kettle.
Our Runner Up! - The Sage Compact Glass Kettle
Sage is famous in the kitchen appliance industry and is well-known for producing reliable, high-quality products. This Sage glass kettle, in particular, comes with a thermal shock resistant glass vessel and stainless steel construction. The kettle also has a one-litre capacity to boil water.
Notable features of this model are its cordless function which allows you to have freedom when pouring water. It also has a soft opening lid to release steam and an ergonomic handle for comfortable use.
The glass kettle also has a multi-directional base, auto switch off and a dry boil protection feature to prevent damaging the kettle when there is no water inside.
A highly rated reliable glass kettle by Sage which has all the simple features needed to boil water, the design is also modern and durable thanks to its stainless steel.
Downfalls of this electric kettle have to be build-quality, this model has been reported to get lime-scale spots building up quickly, especially if you live in an area with hard water. The electric kettle water capacity is also relatively small, so would not be suitable for a large family household.
- Reliable Sage branded.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Soft top opening with ergonomic handle.
- Gets limescale build up quickly.
- Small water capacity.
Russell Hobbs 21600-10 Glass Kettle
Russell Hobbs has been designing home and kitchen appliances since the 1960s. This electric glass kettle, in particular, boasts 1.7-litre water capacity and comes with a blue illumination on the boil.
Feature-wise this kettle has a removable filter to help tackle limescale build-up and a 360-degree rotating base. The Russell Hobbs model also comes with a push-button lid for easy use.
A one year warranty is included with this model for buyers confidence and can be brought as a bundle with its own Russell Hobbs descaler solution.
This Russell Hobbs glass kettle is one of the largest on our list, making it great for larger households. It has a robust stainless steel glass build combined with a removable filter for easy cleaning, making it one of the top models on our list.
Downfalls of this model, however, are its noise which is stated to be loud when boiling, this kettle also tends to wobble when at boiling point.
- Robust stainless steel and glass build.
- Blue light when boiling.
- Removable filter.
- Easy one-touch lid with 360 degrees base.
- 1.7-litre water kettle capacity.
- Can be noisy when boiling.
- Kettle wobbles on base when at boiling point.
- The cord can be restricting.
Kettle Decen 1.7L Tea Kettle
This electric glass tea kettle by Decen comes with high-quality borosilicate glass and a stainless steel top and bottom. It also has a detachable tea infuser and six different programs to choose from when boiling water for tea such as; green or oolong.
Significant features of this tea kettle are its customised temperature programme and 120 minutes stay warm quality, which allows you to keep your kettle warm for your next cup of tea. The model also has an auto shut off feature and boil dry protection to prolong its life.
Design-wise the electric kettles model has a lock function to protect it from being misused by children and boasts a wide mouth for easy cleaning. There is also a two-year warranty for buyer confidence.
A high-quality glass kettle from Decan, which is perfect for tea lovers due to its tea infuser insert and six preset programs. This model is also great due to its 120 minute stay warm feature, which helps save electricity by avoiding boiling your kettle multiple times.
Negatives of the Decan electric water kettle has to be its cord which can be restricting when pouring water, its also been reported to be a little noisy.
- Comes with a tea infuser and six programmes for tea and coffee.
- Customisable temperature.
- 120 minute stay warm feature.
- Auto shut off and boil-dry protection.
- Two-year warranty.
- 1.7-litre water capacity.
- The cord is restricting.
HadinEEon Kettle Electric
This HadinEEon electric kettle has a 1.7-litre water capacity and a modern glass/stainless steel design. It features an ergonomic heat resistant handle for safer pouring with boiling water.
Feature-wise, this electric kettles model, has blue illumination upon boil and a wide mouth to help with pouring beverages such as tea. The wide mouth also assists with cleaning rust deposits.
Its STRIX controller also makes this electric kettle boil water much faster than other glass electric models on the market.
The HadinEEon glass electric kettle is great for easy cleaning and quick boiling due to its wide mouth and upgraded controller.
However, this model does lack keep warm features and has no adjustable temperature settings compared to other glass kettles on our list.
- 1.7-litre water capacity.
- Ergonomic grip handle.
- Blue illumination.
- Wide mouth for easy cleaning.
- Lacks extra features such as an adjustable temperature.
- Not many safety controls.
Which Is The Best Glass Electric Kettle?
To conclude, the best electric kettle glass model is the Queensense model due to its adjustable temperatures, cordless design and stay warm features. This kettles model is perfect for medium-sized families because of its 1.7-litre capacity and has a modern-looking glass design.
For an alternative glass electric model, we would suggest the Sage compact electric glass kettle due to its high reliability and compact size, making it perfect for smaller households.
What To Look For In The Top Glass Electric Kettles (Buying Guide)
Finding your glass kettle can be overwhelming with so many different models on the market, alot of these kettles differ in features such as temperature control and size.
We've put together a buying guide below to guide you through your glass kettle buying process-
The Top Features In Glass Kettles
There are some key features you should be looking out for in glass kettles, one of the main ones is warranty as kettles can often come faulty sometimes, so this will give you buyers protection in case of any problems.
We've listed out some more top features below -
- Size - Check your glass kettle water capacity; you want your kettle to be able to make a sufficient amount of water for your household. Also check how big the whole model is, your kettle should be able to fit neatly with your other household appliances.
- Safety - Make sure your glass kettles model comes with some safety features such as a boil-dry function and auto shut off feature.
- Material - Check the material of your kettle is durable; glass and stainless steel are the best mixes, plastic can alter the taste of your boiled water and potentially leak chemicals.
- Features - Many modern kettles come with adjustable temperatures and stay warm features for making tea and coffee, this can be handy if you drink alot of tea and want to avoid having to reheat your kettle continuously.
- Spout size - A larger spout size will pour water easier and be much simpler to clean.
- Corded/cordless - Corded models can be restricting but often cheaper. Cordless models offer more comfortable use and more freedom.
- Exterior heat - Check how hot your kettles exterior gets, especially glass kettles as this can be a safety hazard to children.
- Speed - How quickly can your kettle reach full boil? Most kettles can take up to 3-5 minutes to reach a boil. Make sure this speed suits you as you don't want to be waiting too long to make tea every time.
Can a glass kettle overheat?
A glass kettle shouldn't overheat due to its auto switch-off feature, do be careful when touching the exterior of the kettle; however, as glass kettles are known to get very hot once boiled.
How often should I clean my kettle?
If you live in an area with hard water, you should clean the interior of your kettle more often due to limescale build-up, this can be done by mixing equal parts of vinegar and water then boiling the mixture.
Exterior wise this can be wiped clean once a week to maintain your kettles shine.
Can I make tea inside a kettle?
There's no need to make tea inside of your kettle as this could potentially damage it and alter the taste of your tea, however, if you have a tea infuser this can be a great option to allow you to make tea inside of your kettle.
What safety feature should my new kettle have?
Your kettle should have a comfortable grip handle, auto shut off feature and boil dry protection.
What size kettle is suitable for a large family?
For a large family, you should look for a kettle that has a 1.7-litre capacity and above. This will save you from having to refill it too often.
Do I need a cordless model?
Cordless models are very beneficial as they give you more freedom when pouring and allow you to avoid spilling hot water. Corded models tend to be cheaper but harder to use.
How much do electric glass kettles typically cost?
Electric glass kettles can cost anything from £30 to £60 and above depending on the quality and make.
Our #1 Glass Kettle
The top glass kettle on our list has to be the Queensense glass electric model because of its modern glass design and adjustable heat settings.
This kettle is perfect for tea, and coffee lovers due to its twelve-hour stay warm function and boasts a removable filter for easy cleaning, making it the best kettle on our list.